You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Conflict in Afghanistan

Section_31

18 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

Oh, I see, so "I was only joking" is a defence you're allowed, even though you won't allow me to use it. Nice hypocrisy you have there.

No, you said "Like everything I've ever written, said, done or thought about writing, saying or doing in my life, it is 100% true." You might want to learn what 'everything' means.

Or we could always start on this page:

4 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

What an idea. next GF tournament can be "Most murderous regime" 

As well as a date range, we’d also have to consider things like; speed of said murdering, percentage of own people v other people’s people murdered, savageness and/or cunningness of murdering rampage, ability to conceal large amounts of murdering, how much (or not) those being murdered deserved it and which murderers wore the best outfits.

I suspect the GF community would struggle to find a consensus and could end up murdering each other. 

We might be better sticking with ‘best instrumental’.

12 minutes ago, YorkshireRed said:

As well as a date range, we’d also have to consider things like; speed of said murdering, percentage of own people v other people’s people murdered, savageness and/or cunningness of murdering rampage, ability to conceal large amounts of murdering, how much (or not) those being murdered deserved it and which murderers wore the best outfits.

I suspect the GF community would struggle to find a consensus and could end up murdering each other. 

We might be better sticking with ‘best instrumental’.

Yeah we'd only end up with The Galactic Empire beating the Branch Davidians in the final. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

Don't imply I'm calling for politicians to be gagged then. 

Do you think the US are exempt from criticism for how they've dealt with the whole thing? 

I expect to see diplomacy and a solution that keeps the innocents as safe from harm as possible. 

Edit. 

Now it turns out you prefer the Taliban to tories. Oh dear!

Great words from Corbyn. Nice that they had the talking amongst the tory side of the house audible but it wasn't as loud for anyone else. What is it about this life-long humanitarian and fighter for equality that certain elements are scared of? 

36 minutes ago, Nelly-Torres said:

As several people have pointed out today, it's quite interesting to see that Johnson's announcement today of a doubling of international aid to Afghanistan hasn't been met with the same calls of "he wants to give bags of money to the Taliban!" that were quite prevalent yesterday. 

As I said, bad faith... 

Thats weird

So where is the condemnation for that then?

As an aside I cant even beware listening to that bumbling buffoon.

28 minutes ago, Kepler-186 said:

Ghengis Khan lowered global temperature, got to be a contender. 

There was a documentary on the Radio recently, the Mongol hordes killed something like 11% of the global population.

Thats a pretty spectacular strike rate.

1 minute ago, Arniepie said:

Werent they saying yesterday we would do everything we can?

Well yesterday it only counted if you called the Taliban "murderous" anything else was sneered at. Seems to be a different vibe today it's hard to keep up to be honest. 

1 minute ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

I wouldn't expect anything less from a Russian front group. They should rename themselves the Stop the West Coalition.

Do the Lib Dems back massive increases in defence spending to equip our men and women with all the kit they need to win wars paid for through massive tax increases on billionaires or through a vast reduction in spending on the public services those same men and women rely on at home? Or are they living in the so called real world where the good people of let’s say Birkenhead are expected to conjure new industry out of their spare bedrooms when a generation before their dad’s built Ark Royal and Poseidon class submarines for the Royal Navy? After all, it’s just the work ethic they’re lacking according to you. 

1 minute ago, Kepler-186 said:

Do the Lib Dems back massive increases in defence spending to equip our men and women with all the kit they need to win wars paid for through massive tax increases on billionaires or through a vast reduction in spending on the public services those same men and women rely on at home? Or are they living in the so called real world where the good people of let’s say Birkenhead are expected to conjure new industry out of their spare bedrooms when a generation before their dad’s built Ark Royal and Poseidon class submarines for the Royal Navy? After all, it’s just the work ethic they’re lacking according to you. 

I'd answer this if I understood it.

12 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Well yesterday it only counted if you called the Taliban "murderous" anything else was sneered at. Seems to be a different vibe today it's hard to keep up to be honest. 

You're doing it again. I didnt say the MP should call them murderous, I called them that. I said he should mention/criticise them when talking about whats happened, they are pretty much central to it.

4 minutes ago, A Red said:

You're doing it again. I didnt say the MP should call them murderous, I called them that. I said he should mention/criticise them when talking about whats happened, they are pretty much central to it.

Why should he? Have you been watching the debate in parliament today? 

Where did I say 'gag all politicians' ?