You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Conflict in Afghanistan

Section_31

Interesting to see certain people would rather see Mp's call them murderous rather than try and use a bit of diplomacy seeing as we need the murderous Taliban to be, you know less murderous. It's almost as if some people would be more happy to see the Taliban go straight back to being murderous cunts just to satisfy their lust for being right. 

1 minute ago, Captain Willard said:

China are the equivalent of the Beatles here; you’d have to exclude them to make it competitive. 

Tom Tugendhat over here.

Tell you what when the Infantry are full of middle class kids paying off their student loans doing the grunt work lads from the inner cities normally do we’ll get behind a war with China. 

44 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Oh dear what? What’s that question got to do with anything? You’re crying about a Labour mp not calling the Taliban murderous in a tweet. 

Oh dear for trying to move it on to who I may or may not have voted for in the past.

I'm not crying about anything, I'm questioning why an MP is happy to mention/criticise the US but not the Taliban.

34 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Interesting to see certain people would rather see Mp's call them murderous rather than try and use a bit of diplomacy seeing as we need the murderous Taliban to be, you know less murderous. It's almost as if some people would be more happy to see the Taliban go straight back to being murderous cunts just to satisfy their lust for being right. 

Bollocks, I expect to see criticism. 

9 minutes ago, A Red said:

Oh dear for trying to move it on to who I may or may not have voted for in the past.

I'm not crying about anything, I'm questioning why an MP is happy to mention/criticise the US but not the Taliban.

Don't imply I'm calling for politicians to be gagged then. 

Do you think the US are exempt from criticism for how they've dealt with the whole thing? 

6 minutes ago, A Red said:

Bollocks, I expect to see criticism. 

I expect to see diplomacy and a solution that keeps the innocents as safe from harm as possible. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Jose Jones said:

I reckon you’d have to put a date range on it. That way you can have China 1954-74 for example up against Germany 1933-45.

The spike in this graph is global deaths resulting from the Great Leap Forward. 45 million. Add in the 15 million missing women resulting from the one child policy and I reckon the Chinese have got this. 

300B70C5-E487-43B1-9BB3-57C426F69103.png

1 minute ago, Captain Willard said:

The spike in this graph is global deaths resulting from the Great Leap Forward. 45 million. Add in the 15 million missing women resulting from the one child policy and I reckon the Chinese have got this. 

300B70C5-E487-43B1-9BB3-57C426F69103.png

On a per capita basis, how are the Khmer Rouge doing?

• Upvote 1

On 04/08/2021 at 15:12, Bjornebye said:

Medieval wankers 

No offence P 

On 11/08/2021 at 16:05, Bjornebye said:

Grim

On 16/08/2021 at 14:59, Bjornebye said:

Yeah fuck that. The Taliban are about as trustworthy as a Lib Dem election leaflet. 

On 16/08/2021 at 22:28, Bjornebye said:

Fuck sake what are we doing to each other 

Nope I've never condemned the Taliban at all. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Jairzinho said:

Some of these Tory cunts have been pretty good in parliament on this.

Yeah, *touches wood* this might be the straw that breaks the camels back with the poisened dwarf Patel.

She’s monumentally misjudged the mood, on top of her other recent high profile failings.

She might be shunted as a sacrificial lamb ti placate the back bench bellends.

1 hour ago, Bjornebye said:

Have I? Show me. Not disputing it I'd just like to see. 

If you're not disputing it, why did you neg me for writing it?

Like everything I've ever written, said, done or thought about writing, saying or doing in my life, it is 100% true.

On 19/10/2019 at 20:28, Bjornebye said:

The Taliban are a better regime than the Tories 

Just now, Strontium Dog™ said:

If you're not disputing it, why did you neg me for writing it?

Like everything I've ever written, said, done or thought about writing, saying or doing in my life, it is 100% true.

I negged you because as you well know it was a tongue in cheek comment so you were (as usual) being disingenuous. 

"Like everything I've ever written, said, done or thought about writing, saying or doing in my life, it is 100% true."

"And Fowlers God, you fuckwit, learn to use NSFW tags or kill yourself, I care not which."

Evil, terrifying, lies.... all three actually.  

1 minute ago, Bjornebye said:

I negged you because as you well know it was a tongue in cheek comment so you were (as usual) being disingenuous. 

Oh, I see, so "I was only joking" is a defence you're allowed, even though you won't allow me to use it. Nice hypocrisy you have there.