Quantcast
Jones, Alan - I-L - The Liverpool Way Jump to content

Welcome to the new and improved TLW!

Some of you may experience issues logging in and will get an 'incorrect password' error. Don't worry, you haven't typed it in wrong and your password hasn't been changed. You will need to reset it though in order to log in. Click the reset password link and you will receive an email with your new temporary password. Once logged in, you need to choose a new password (or restore to your old one) otherwise you will be locked out again.

If you have an out of date email address linked to your account, then you won't receive the new password. If that's the case then you'll need to email me (dave @liverpoolway.co.uk) or send me a tweet @theliverpoolway and I'll update your password manually. 

Any other problems or questions just let me know.

Thanks

Dave

Sign in to follow this  
TLW

Jones, Alan

jonesalan.jpeg

ALAN JONES 1957-63

by Chris Wood

Date of Birth - 06/01/40

Nationality - English

Position - Defender

Games - 5

Goals - 0

Club Hons (Lpool) - None

International Hons - None

Other Clubs - Brentford

Alan was a Welsh schoolboy international full-back who signed professional forms for Liverpool in May 1957 when he was 17 years old. Although he stayed at Anfield for over 6 years, he only played 5 times for the first-team.

When regular right-back John Molyneux was unavailable for the visit of Cardiff City a few days before Christmas 1959, Alan stepped in to replace him. The Welshmen won 4-0 but it was a significant day in the club's history, the first time Bill Shankly had been in charge of a Liverpool team.

'Shanks' only called on Alan on four more occasions, the only 4 games that Gerry Byrne missed during the club's return to the First Division in 1962-63. Alan moved on to Brentford that summer and made nearly 250 Football League appearances for the West-London club before the end of the decade.

More info on Alan Jones:

++ / LFChistory.net -- Past Present Future

Sign in to follow this