You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Those knock off shirt sites

hamstrung

• 3 months later...
  • 7 months later...
I wouldn't wear, say, a blag Lacoste polo so I wouldn't entertain the idea of buying the footy shirt equivalent, not that I buy genuine ones, like. Each to their own though.

I don't wear football shirts at all, but to put it on the wall it doesn't really matter if it was made by Adidas or sb else as long as it looks decent.

I wouldn't wear, say, a blag Lacoste polo so I wouldn't entertain the idea of buying the footy shirt equivalent, not that I buy genuine ones, like. Each to their own though.

All the major brands produce in china/asia and all the fakes come from China/asia......

There really isnt much difference.

Guest San Don
All the major brands produce in china/asia and all the fakes come from China/asia......

There really isnt much difference.

Of course there's a difference.

When you buy a 'fake' the money just goes to some crim \ overlord \ whatever while if you buy from the club, at least the club gets to spend money on players etc.

If people cant afford or dont want to buy the current strip, why not buy one of the retro shirts? They're about the same price (or close to) as a knock off, good quality (except the pin strip which is shit) and the money goes to the club.

Seeing as the two cowboys arent here any more, I dont understand why people are buying knock off shirts then saying 'we cant compete' etc, etc.

Of course there's a difference.

When you buy a 'fake' the money just goes to some crim \ overlord \ whatever while if you buy from the club, at least the club gets to spend money on players etc.

If people cant afford or dont want to buy the current strip, why not buy one of the retro shirts? They're about the same price (or close to) as a knock off, good quality (except the pin strip which is shit) and the money goes to the club.

Seeing as the two cowboys arent here any more, I dont understand why people are buying knock off shirts then saying 'we cant compete' etc, etc.

Oh im sorry, i didn't realise that Liverpool got every penny of every shirt we sell.

The fact is they don't. Adiddas and Nike make profits yet they still build sweatshop factories in 3rd world countries to exploit child labour to drive down the unit costs so they make even more profit.

You think its only criminal's that exploit the worlds economy?

Clueless.

Why not just go round wearing a Sunday league team footy shirt and embroider your own badge, that way everyone will think you play to a decent level of amateur footy. Whereas if you are a slightly overweight man in his late 30's from Crosby, no one will believe that you play for Real Madrid, Barcelona, AC Milan or Spain.

Guest San Don
Oh im sorry, i didn't realise that Liverpool got every penny of every shirt we sell.

The fact is they don't. Adiddas and Nike make profits yet they still build sweatshop factories in 3rd world countries to exploit child labour to drive down the unit costs so they make even more profit.

You think its only criminal's that exploit the worlds economy?

Clueless.

The club doesnt get every penny but it gets absolutely fuck all from the knock offs. And last time I checked, neither addidas nor nike are currently making our shirts.

But you carry on and carry on fucking moaning when the club hasnt bought the player you want.

The club doesnt get every penny but it gets absolutely fuck all from the knock offs. And last time I checked, neither addidas nor nike are currently making our shirts.

But you carry on and carry on fucking moaning when the club hasnt bought the player you want.

What the fuck are you talking about in that last line?! I don't even have 1 player i want us to sign?

And your first point is just plain stupid because 18 months ago Adiddas did. Your argument has failed just give it up rather than making things up or talking shit.

Why not just go round wearing a Sunday league team footy shirt and embroider your own badge, that way everyone will think you play to a decent level of amateur footy. Whereas if you are a slightly overweight man in his late 30's from Crosby, no one will believe that you play for Real Madrid, Barcelona, AC Milan or Spain.

You might be onto something there. Create a website selling sunday league footy shirts. They don't even have to be real ones, just make 'em up. See how you go. I expect a cut, mind.

Guest San Don
What the fuck are you talking about in that last line?! I don't even have 1 player i want us to sign?

And your first point is just plain stupid because 18 months ago Adiddas did. Your argument has failed just give it up rather than making things up or talking shit.

Haha. Another keyboard warrior who chats shit.

My last line? Just where the fuck do you think a third of the money the club runs off come from? Yep, merchandising. Buy all the merchandising you want (or dont spend it on any at all, its your call) but if you're spending it on knock off shirts, the club gets nowt, zip, nada.

People like you then at some point say 'we cant compete with........' or 'why cant we afford to buy.......' etc. Well there's your answer, because a sizeable portion of income is lost worldwide due to knock off merchandising.

You may argue one or two people buying a knock off has no effect on the club. But, multiply that by a million people worldwide. Perhaps you dont give a fuck at all the counterfeit stuff on sale. Maybe you would if you bought something you thought was 'official' but later turned out to be fake.

Its a question of how you see certain things I guess.

As regards adidas, you need to do some research my friend. Before we signed back up with adidas, you may remember manchester united were caught out by nike for using child labour and sweat shops to produce their merchandising.

Now, you can take it or leave it, its up to you but, LFC didnt want the same to happen so they got a declaration from adidas that no child labour or sweatshops would produce our stuff.

To paraphrase your own question, do you really think all work done in Asia is done under sweatshop conditions? Really?

Oh, and talking shit? There must be some reason your rep is in the toilet.