You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Bruce The Boss!

Chocoholic

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree.

I love his music but i reckon he should have rolled out Atlantic City, Human Touch, Brilliant Disguise, Jungleland, etc.

I thought he struggled with Badlands and the lesser songs were not strong enough tracks for a concert like Glastonbury.

He's starting to show his age, which is understandable.

He's starting to show his age? How? By playing for over 2 and a half hours non stop and barely stopping for breath between songs?

I hope I'm half as fit as that when I'm 59!

I agree.

I love his music but i reckon he should have rolled out Atlantic City, Human Touch, Brilliant Disguise, Jungleland, etc.

I thought he struggled with Badlands and the lesser songs were not strong enough tracks for a concert like Glastonbury.

He's starting to show his age, which is understandable.

He did two & a half hours ( @ 30 songs ) & with such an extensive back catalogue there are always going to be songs that you place lower than others that are included.

As for the last paragraph , fuck me you are a hard judge. He was barely blowing after 150 minutes of constant movement. For a guy of his age it was phenomenal.

• 2 years later...
  • 7 months later...

Saw him in the Etihad last night, he was fucking amazing. Absolutely brilliant, nearly a 3 hour set. I've had to dish out some retrospective neg on this thread as well. ' pop dribble ' indeed!

Played this at the end, and all stopped playing at this lyric whilst they all looked at a montage of Clarence Clemons playing. Ace.

When the change was made uptown

And the big man joined the band

From the coastline to the city

All the little pretties raise their hands

Im gonna sit back right easy and laugh

When scooter and the big man bust this city in half

With a tenth avenue freeze-out, tenth avenue freeze-out

Tenth avenue freeze-out...

[YOUTUBE]yAvolRT3sX4[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]utVR3EgQkHs[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]lrpXArn3hII[/YOUTUBE]

Lucky fucker, how much were the tickets mate?

£60 each I think, worth every penny. Best gig I've seen for a while. He pulled some woman out to dance with during Dancing in the dark in a jumpsuit like this

Floral-Print-Jumpsuit.jpg

Who was about the size of a small planet. He just started laughing and said he'd never seen anyone in an outfit like that! He was great with the crowd, pulled a few kids out to sing some of the lyrics, it must have been brilliant for them.

To be honest though, all through the gig I just kept looking at the stage and thinking ' how mad does Silvio look with a bandana on? '

09128_133038_brucespringsteenPAfestrate_.jpg

Broooooooooce!

I did the two dates in Barcelona last month, never seen a crowd reaction like it before. He played 'Prove it all night (78 intro)' for the first time in twenty years, which literally sent shock waves across the boss community. Saw he played it again in Manc you lucky fucker! I'm going to Hard rock calling next month but I'm still thirsty for more!

He's on sky arts tonight live from the I.O.W. Hoping they show a decent chunk of the set?

Saw him in the Etihad last night, he was fucking amazing. Absolutely brilliant, nearly a 3 hour set. I've had to dish out some retrospective neg on this thread as well. ' pop dribble ' indeed!

Some of my family were there. Some gobby cow tried to kick off on my (50 year-old) sister and got more than she bargained for. My sister's mortified: we all think it's hilarious.

I love this, especially the video with Tom Morello from Rage Against The Machine on guitar (I didn't link on here as it was from Vevo and has some shitty will i am advert at the start). The anger of the lyrics about the fuckers who caused the banking crisis and how they got away with it, and the devastation they have caused is Springsteen at his best.

[YOUTUBE]DgcJDNcyRFA[/YOUTUBE]

I missed the first twenty or so minutes of the show at the Etihad because of the traffic getting into Manchester. I then took about an hour and a half to get from Droylesdon to Eccles because everyone was going back the same way. I didn't care a jot though, as I spent 3 hours in the company of greatness (and a twat with a toy cow, who kept throwing it up into the air and catching it). Great stuff.

• 3 weeks later...

A great show last night. Springsteen seemed really up for it from the start with him singing 'Thunder Road' with only piano accompaniment, through to the end 3 and a quarter hours later. Highlights for me were the new material and a blistering 'Ghost of Tom Joad', announced as a tribute to Woody Guthrie, whose 100th Birthday would have been yesterday. After an encore of 'We are Alive', 'Born in the USA', 'Born to Run', 'Glory Days' and 'Dancing in the Dark', you wondered what could come next. Paul McCartney was the answer. 'I saw her standing there' took me back 49 years to the first Beatles album and listening to it at my mates house. The grand finale was a rioutous 'Twist and Shout' before amazingly all the sound was cut off before Springsteen could finish because he had gone past the curfew. Only in Britain.

A great show last night. Springsteen seemed really up for it from the start with him singing 'Thunder Road' with only piano accompaniment, through to the end 3 and a quarter hours later. Highlights for me were the new material and a blistering 'Ghost of Tom Joad', announced as a tribute to Woody Guthrie, whose 100th Birthday would have been yesterday. After an encore of 'We are Alive', 'Born in the USA', 'Born to Run', 'Glory Days' and 'Dancing in the Dark', you wondered what could come next. Paul McCartney was the answer. 'I saw her standing there' took me back 49 years to the first Beatles album and listening to it at my mates house. The grand finale was a rioutous 'Twist and Shout' before amazingly all the sound was cut off before Springsteen could finish because he had gone past the curfew. Only in Britain.

The fuck...

Bruce was really up for it last night but Hyde Park is just such a shit venue. Arrived about 7pm and had no chance of getting anywhere near the stage. Mud,rain,queues, pissheads and dreadful sound system spoilt what should have been an amazing gig. Saw him at Manchester few weeks back and that was superb . Dublin next week should be good as the Paddies always give him a great reception.

Anyway I would guarantee he will never play HP again after they pulled the plug last night. Can't imagine Macca was too impressed either.