You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

name a thick football player

windass

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

McAteer did an interview not long back and said a lot of the things he did and said were just for a bit of a laugh. He just played along with it all, but he's actually a lot more intelligent than people give him credit for.

Rushie has never struck me as being particularly bright.

McAteer did an interview not long back and said a lot of the things he did and said were just for a bit of a laugh. He just played along with it all, but he's actually a lot more intelligent than people give him credit for.

If i'm thinking the same interview , O 202 , it was when he was the guest on that programme where James Richardson & his fit sidekick talk to an audience of fat blokes with footy shirts on.

As you say , McAteer came across as very sharp & likeable , and suggested that he was mightily pissed off with Ruddock for repeating and expanding the rumours of his thickness. Glad he got a position with Digger at Tranmere.

I can see some interesting loanees going from us to Prenton Park ( McAteer said Rafa was among the first to speak to him & congratulate Barnes & himself ).

My favourite Jason McAteer stroy was when he was showing his new Aston Martin off to Ruddock and a few other outside of his house and managed to lock his keys into his car. A police car came over when they noticed a gang of lads by the car and when they realised who it was they told McAteer they could probably break into the car for him if he got them a coat hanger. So the others stand chatting with the police while they wait. Next thing Ruddock bursts out laughing and they all turn round to be greated by the sight of McAteer emerging from his house.............with a wooden coat hanger.

wasn't it mcateer who, when asked at a pizza restaurant if he wanted the pizza cut into 6 or 10 slices, said 6 because he couldn't possibly manage 10 - or so the story goes (something like that anyway)...

wayne bridge has always struck me as thick ever since his post-match interview after chelsea won the league cup a couple of years ago - he said he was delighted with the three points... you won the trophy you gormless prick.

I always got the impression that he was thick. Wasnt his nickname Trigger after only fools and horses?