You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

MICHAEL OWEN BROCHURE

Guest simon

Guest simon

MICHAEL OWEN BROCHURE: The complete 32-page agents' dossier on the fallen Newcastle star and former England striker | Mail Online

MICHAEL OWEN BROCHURE: The complete 32-page agents' dossier on the fallen Newcastle star and former England striker

By SPORTSMAIL REPORTER

Last updated at 9:53 AM on 20th June 2009

Comments (0)

Add to My Stories

Michael Owen, 'the athlete; the ambassador; the icon', is laid bare in all his former glory here in the 32-page brochure distributed to elite football clubs across Europe, touting the ex-England striker as a potential summer signing.

Do you want your club to sign the former Liverpool prodigy, turned Newcastle flop?

Have a good read of the 32 pages below and have your say using the comments section at the foot of this page.

Sorry it wont let me post the pages but they are very readable and supisingly very attractive. I think he is still worth a gamble;e if other targets arnt reached.

That picture looks like Xabi.

Extremely sad by the way. It's astonishing how much he has fallen. 7 years ago when he got his Ballon D'Or on the pitch before the Derby County game, I'd never have thought he'd now be resorting to advertising himself in a brochure like some kind of new apartment block or car model, to anyone who'll take him. Just goes to show, the only way is down when you leave Liverpool.

Also, in football terms, how can Michael Owen be classed as having "Young" as a brand value?

I feel so sorry for him.

I would still have him back and I think in these circumstances we would get him on our terms and would have a player keen to show that he is not past it.

I know that he has brought this all on himself but I just remember the good times and hate to see where he is now.

I know he's not everybody's favorite ex-player, but please do keep in mind that it's not Owen himself that has compiled this glossy pile of marketing wank-speak. He has an organization managing his affairs, this is the kind of thing that those kinds of organizations do.

It's a little sad, and a far from fitting twilight for a player who, in his prime, was one of the most lethal that I have ever seen play for us (and nice article, Woo, made me very nostalgic). Of greater concern is that fact that there is clearly a market for this kind of garbage - this is the language of modern football. That is truly depressing.

I know he's not everybody's favorite ex-player, but please do keep in mind that it's not Owen himself that has compiled this glossy pile of marketing wank-speak. He has an organization managing his affairs, this is the kind of thing that those kinds of organizations do.

It's a little sad, and a far from fitting twilight for a player who, in his prime, was one of the most lethal that I have ever seen play for us (and nice article, Woo, made me very nostalgic). Of greater concern is that fact that there is clearly a market for this kind of garbage - this is the language of modern football. That is truly depressing.

That's the one.