You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

MICHAEL OWEN BROCHURE

Guest simon

7 hours ago, John102 said:

They talked about that in the episode. He said how he was on the phone to Carragher asking him to speak to Liverpool, which he did, but we werent interested. 

I guess he had a choice of going to Hull too, but in listening to him and Carra, its clear he actually loves the club more than you would expect and that he tried to get back here at every chance.

So he tried coming back to us when he had little other options? This after he’d screwed in the first place, then chose Newcastle ahead of us (he could have dug his heels in). 

fair enough if he loves us now but he certainly didn’t act that way when he was playing.

The great thing about Michael Owen is having played for Liverpool, Real Madrid, Man Utd, Newcastle and Stoke is that whichever team is winning he can declare his undying love for. So if Newcastle do get new oil money owners and they break into the top four, he will talk about how great the Geordies were to play for and how he only ever wanted to go there when he had the chance.

Seems a little bit like the glory hunter at school who supports the team that it currently winning.

3 minutes ago, stringvest said:

no mate, he didn't

Cheers, think Owen would have been better following Rush’s lead. I don’t hate Michael Owen as much as don’t really feel anything for him. This is probably a common reaction of fans of all the teams that he played for which is telling in itself, and a little sad.

• Upvote 1

When asked about getting stick from Liverpool fans when signing for Utd he said they should realise I've got a wife and family to support. 

No doubt about his talent early on for us and the Cup final goals, I was also made up when he scored against Argentina but at the end of the day he does not come across as a sincere type. 

I always want his horses to get beat too. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Jimmy Hills Chin said:

Cheers, think Owen would have been better following Rush’s lead. I don’t hate Michael Owen as much as don’t really feel anything for him. This is probably a common reaction of fans of all the teams that he played for which is telling in itself, and a little sad.

I thought he was great for us.  In fact I was just reminiscing with a mate who went with me to the 2001 FA cup final.  We had a great day.  Lunch (coincidentally) with Ian Rush, and a little carriage clock as a souvenir for some extortionately priced tickets.  My mate had bought one for me as I was on my uppers, and we travelled back to London on the train in a coach filled with pissed off Gooners.  Tremendous stuff.

Ingurland rat boy.

All he ever wanted was the national team and being the boy wonder forever. All his excuses means jack shit, he got told to sit tight and make Real sweat but he buckled under pressure and went to Newcastle. 

/golfclap for having no stones.