You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

MICHAEL OWEN BROCHURE

Guest simon

17 hours ago, Doctor Troy said:

He's had a pop at David Beckham saying "he made the most of the talent he had and worked hard to maximise that talent". 

I honestly don't understand why this is a pop at Beckham. Is it meant to say Beckham had limited talent? When i read it immediately I thought Owen was praising Beckham's hard work.

23 hours ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Was going to say the same thing. Beckham was very limited but did work hard at the talent he had and its a shame Owen didn't do the same.

In my opinion, that’s exactly what Michael Owen did. Not so much the limited bit but there can be no doubt that he worked hard to get where he did. Unfortunately for him, injuries fucked him at a relatively young age.

4 hours ago, kemskem said:

He was already getting loads of grief to be honest.

I think it was more that he wasn't getting anything at all. We won the European Cup 12 months after he left and if anything he was forgotten about for a while even when he went to Newcastle. Then he goes to UTD and rightly got stick for it. 

Just a thought but maybe things would have been different had he not had a boot deal with Brand England (Umbro) who marketed him at every opportunity. He was everywhere for about 2 years and if anything Beckham getting sent off after his goal v Argentina made his brand even bigger. 

On ‎03‎/‎09‎/‎2019 at 19:47, El Diego said:

I kinda get off on the Michael Owen thing. That cup final was one of the best days of my life. He’s got a free pass for eternity.

On ‎03‎/‎09‎/‎2019 at 21:43, Doctor Troy said:

The FA cup final in 2001 was one of the best days of my life.

On ‎04‎/‎09‎/‎2019 at 09:03, VladimirIlyich said:

Me too

Absolutely. It was a simply incredible day. Everything about the day was just perfect, It's still in my all time list of top 5 games I've ever been to and without wanting to sound a big head or boast, I've been to a lot more than most.

The rest of the top 5 is the 1st Chelsea Anfield Semi, Istanbul, Barca 4-0 & Madrid.

• Upvote 1

On ‎03‎/‎09‎/‎2019 at 21:30, lifetime fan said:

McManaman went after we’d agreed a fee with Barca without telling him. 

After McManaman had agreed his new contract only for it to be different once he came to signing it.

That's been his side of the story for years. Fowler confirmed it again recently. 

16 minutes ago, Baltar said:

Beckham was an excellent player. Not sure why he's considered to have "limited ability". There were few in the game that could pass or cross a ball as well as he did.

Probably because he wasn’t as good as previous Man United number 7s (Best, Robson, Cantona) and Ronaldo.

Best on Beckham 

“He cannot kick with his left foot, he cannot head a ball, he cannot tackle and he doesn’t score many goals. Apart from that, he’s all right.”

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Tony Moanero said:

In my opinion, that’s exactly what Michael Owen did. Not so much the limited bit but there can be no doubt that he worked hard to get where he did. Unfortunately for him, injuries fucked him at a relatively young age.

injuries. Injuries, ego and greed.

2 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

I think it was more that he wasn't getting anything at all. We won the European Cup 12 months after he left and if anything he was forgotten about for a while even when he went to Newcastle. Then he goes to UTD and rightly got stick for it. 

Just a thought but maybe things would have been different had he not had a boot deal with Brand England (Umbro) who marketed him at every opportunity. He was everywhere for about 2 years and if anything Beckham getting sent off after his goal v Argentina made his brand even bigger. 

Nah. I fucking hated Owen even before he signed for Madrid tbh; for 18 months he pissed us (his boyhood club / supposedly a life long fan) about and pontificated over a new deal, all the while his current contract was getting shorter and shorter and his price tag lower and lower, until Madrid came in and then crash, bang, wallop, and he signed for them in 5 seconds flat. He dragged that saga on for so long and left us in the lurch so desperately that we were fucking grateful to receive cast off Antonio fucking Nunez as a makeweight.

Fuck the weasel right then and there.

The fact that he later went on to gleefully sign for the scum and to this day he refers to them as "us", cunt that treacherous bloodsucking cripple right in the bastard.

Hate him.

• Upvote 4

7 minutes ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

Nah. I fucking hated Owen even before he signed for Madrid tbh; for 18 months he pissed us (his boyhood club / supposedly a life long fan) about and pontificated over a new deal, all the while his current contract was getting shorter and shorter and his price tag lower and lower, until Madrid came in and then crash, bang, wallop, and he signed for them in 5 seconds flat. He dragged that saga on for so long and left us in the lurch so desperately that we were fucking grateful to receive cast off Antonio fucking Nunez as a makeweight.

Fuck the weasel right then and there.

The fact that he later went on to gleefully sign for the scum and to this day he refers to them as "us", cunt that treacherous bloodsucking cripple right in the bastard.

Hate him.

Owen was an Everton fan, wasn’t he? His dad played for them.

The former Liverpool striker also says in his explosive new autobiography that he came close to signing for their fierce Merseyside rivals Everton later in his career.

He's like that bad ex that hates you went on to better things so tries to fuck all your enemies. He should have signed for them, the little cunt is just spouting as much bile as he can get to stick because we hurt his feelings and he's probably not making as much money from commentary as he's shit.  

Michael Owen has described the concept of loyalty in football as 'b*******'

No Micheal, just in your little world. 

3 hours ago, Tony Moanero said:

Owen was an Everton fan, wasn’t he? His dad played for them.

Yep,he was. Had no affinity to Liverpool as a kid and didn't seem to have much when playing with us either,although his effort can't be faulted. He's always seemed a bit pissed that he isnt considered a Liverpool great but it doesnt take much working out why,even for an ex footballers little brain.

Aye, he was an Everton fan and his Dad played for them. I always felt  his devotion was stronger to Ingurlund and his own personal brand rather than us and the ongoing saga of 'the contract is on the table and is ready for signing, no problems' was the issue that killed him for me. The signing for the other shower of shite was just the cherry on the cake. I have the same fondness for him as I do for the owl. As for him being one of our global ambassadors while John Barnes is overlooked, why not give El Hadj Diouf a go too? The wee cunt can fuck right off.

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, SammyAftershave said:

Aye, he was an Everton fan and his Dad played for them. I always felt  his devotion was stronger to Ingurlund and his own personal brand rather than us and the ongoing saga of 'the contract is on the table and is ready for signing, no problems' was the issue that killed him for me. The signing for the other shower of shite was just the cherry on the cake. I have the same fondness for him as I do for the owl. As for him being one of our global ambassadors while John Barnes is overlooked, why not give El Hadj Diouf a go too? The wee cunt can fuck right off.

Sums it up well for me.

What he did on the pitch for us should never be forgotten and he’s an LFC legend as a player, but he’s a charmless bellend who wants to have it all ways and is showing at the moment precisely what he’s all about, in my opinion.

Easy to laugh at Newcastle, but taking tribalism out of it, what an entitled little prick to come up with this stuff now. Not being widely thought well of by any of his former clubs’ fans really isn’t a coincidence.

• Upvote 4

10 hours ago, Lizzie Birdsworths Wrinkled Chopper said:

What he did on the pitch for us should never be forgotten and he’s an LFC legend as a player, but he’s a charmless bellend who wants to have it all ways and is showing at the moment precisely what he’s all about, in my opinion.

Easy to laugh at Newcastle, but taking tribalism out of it, what an entitled little prick to come up with this stuff now. Not being widely thought well of by any of his former clubs’ fans really isn’t a coincidence.

Not a legend. The term 'legend' is bandied about far too much and Owen is nowhere near. Did a great job for us but not a legend.

• Upvote 3