You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Daily Mail: Barca want every fucking player we have!

Red Mist

Well, not quite. But here's their latest transfer news concerning our impending departures.

Barcelona risk Rafa's wrath with move for Liverpool keeper Reina and Messi's plea for Mascherano to join him at the Nou Camp

Barcelona are set to push Rafa Benitez's patience to the limit by launching a bid for Liverpool goalkeeper Pepe Reina.

The European champions have already been met with resistance in a move for Anfield midfielder Javier Mascherano - but Lionel Messi has stepped up the pursuit by inviting his friend to the Nou Camp.

Benitez has insisted neither Mascherano nor Real Madrid target Xabi Alonso is for sale and now he faces a raid for is 26-year-old keeper.

Barcelona are moving for Reina after contract talks with Victor Valdes broke down yesterday. The treble winner has a year left on his contract and wants to be paid the same £150,000 a week that midfielder Xavi gets.

But the club and his agent Gines Carvajal suspended talks indefinitely with Barca not prepared to go above £100,000 a week.

The Catalans are working on a number of options but have identified Reina as the safe choice, according to Spanish newspaper El Mundo Deportivo. They believe he would cost at least £17million but could force a move if he declares a desire to return to Spain four years after leaving Villarreal.

Messi has also tried to coax his Argentina team-mate Mascherano into pushing for a move, despite Benitez insisting even £50m wouldn't tempt him to sell.

Barcelona risk Rafa Benitez's wrath with move for Liverpool keeper Pepe Reina and Lionel Messi's plea for Javier Mascherano to join him at the Nou Camp | Mail Online

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It shows we are doing something right for the first team really doesn't it? Bloody hell, we have some of the most wanted players in the world - Torres, Mascherano, Reina and Gerrard are world class.

We do, but all I care about is the fucking league title, not how many players in our squad are wanted.

Losing Pepe would be a fatal blow. There's only 2 or 3 'keepers in the world as good as him, and we have no chance of signing them as replacements.

The worrying thing is that if Barca are seriously interested in Pepe, his head could get turned by their offer. I doubt he'd consider leaving us for any other club.

However, the 13-time capped Spain international insists he is only focussed on helping the Reds win their first English championship since 1990.

"My future is here, with Liverpool," Reina told Setanta.

"Obviously, transfer speculations are part of the game, especially at this period of the year, but I am not after a move to Spain, as my dream is to win the league with this football club."

The Madrid-born 'keeper also stated that he does not have a clue whether manager Rafa Benitez is planning to bring any big name signings to Anfield this summer.

"Do we need to strengthen our squad? It is not up to the players, but to the coach," Reina continued.

"Rafa Benitez is a top manager and he perfectly knows his squad. As far as the squad is concerned, we have no idea if he plans to make signings or not."

Goal.com, apparently.

However, the 13-time capped Spain international insists he is only focussed on helping the Reds win their first English championship since 1990.

"My future is here, with Liverpool," Reina told Setanta.

"Obviously, transfer speculations are part of the game, especially at this period of the year, but I am not after a move to Spain, as my dream is to win the league with this football club."

The Madrid-born 'keeper also stated that he does not have a clue whether manager Rafa Benitez is planning to bring any big name signings to Anfield this summer.

"Do we need to strengthen our squad? It is not up to the players, but to the coach," Reina continued.

"Rafa Benitez is a top manager and he perfectly knows his squad. As far as the squad is concerned, we have no idea if he plans to make signings or not."

Goal.com, apparently.

Good man Pepe.

Pepe & his agent know how uncompetitive our post-tax wages now are & leak interest from abroad as part of negotiating tactic with club.....

I really do admire your ability to work that into any discussion. Also not like the Daily Mail to be negative, quite suprised at this.

I don't rate Valdes at all. If I was him I'd sign the £100k per week contract and shut the fuck up.

That's the one thing that stuck out for me in that article. 100 fucking grand a week for a guy who isn't even a Spanish international? And he wants £150k?!

Does he have the same agent as Daniel Agger?