You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Winston Churchill

Hermes

Enough of these senseless quotes from brain dead American politicians. Here's one from the great man himself.

To a well-endowed American woman who wished him to know that she had got up at dawn and driven 100 miles to attend the unveiling of his bust in Richmond, Virginia.

"Madam, I want you to know that I would happily reciprocate the honour"

That's why we won the war!!!

• Like 1
  • Downvote 3

Hardly the greatest Englishman who ever lived imo.

Still the only British leader to have turned the army on to our own people. Not to mention being a fan of chemical weapons. Winston "Greatest ever Englishman" Churchill was gassing the Kurds long before Saddam had ever thought of it. But that's ok, because he was British, good for some humorous soundbites and he won us a war.

• 16 years later...
11 minutes ago, Dougie Do'ins said:

Was watching a programme on the telly last nigh about the Suffragettes. The programme was hard enough to watch but parts of it showed among others the role Churchill played in trying to break them.

Utter cunt he was.  

The irony being all the cunts who praise them now would be the same cunts who would have been condemning them at the time. 

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/boris-johnson-female-suffrage-women-cars-oxford-video-social-media-a9237281.html

Boris Johnson said female suffrage only happened after cars invented 'because men realised women could run them down'

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2016/mar/08/pankhurst-relative-priti-patel-eu-suffragette-comparison

Pankhurst relative condemns Priti Patel's Brexit-suffragette comparison

Great-granddaughter of Emmeline Pankhurst says leave campaign is out of line with spirit of international solidarity of suffragette movement

On 03/12/2003 at 02:03, Nunavut Patrick said:

I forget who this one was in reply to:

Lady: If I was your wife I would poison your drink.

Winston: And if I was your husband I would drink it.

The greatest Englishman who ever lived, and quite possibly the greates man who ever lived.

Was that Nancy Astor?, he was great in many ways , of that time, though even he admitted that he was a disastrous Chancellor of the Exchequer not forgetting Gallipoli. There was plenty of other cunts at that time too but he gets my vote as a great man of his day.

9 hours ago, easytoslip said:

Was that Nancy Astor?, he was great in many ways , of that time, though even he admitted that he was a disastrous Chancellor of the Exchequer not forgetting Gallipoli. There was plenty of other cunts at that time too but he gets my vote as a great man of his day.

So that's a "big thumbs up" to death camps, forced famine, opening fire on your own countrymen, overseeing as many mass exterminations as Hitler, and much more! Way to go Winnie!

• Upvote 1

Well it’s a very, very important question, and that’s where a lot of the debate has been and one of the theories is, that perhaps you could take it on the chin, take it all in one go and allow the disease, as it were, to move through the population, without taking as many draconian measures. (Churchill, 2020)

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

Well it’s a very, very important question, and that’s where a lot of the debate has been and one of the theories is, that perhaps you could take it on the chin, take it all in one go and allow the disease, as it were, to move through the population, without taking as many draconian measures. (Churchill, 2020)

https://fullfact.org/health/boris-johnson-coronavirus-this-morning/

5 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

Yes, that’s where I got it from.

Are you defending the leader of the nation who has just announced he’s been to an area of contamination and didn’t bother to observe any medical advice about contact, on a nationally broadcasted press conference? 

Choose your fights better, it’ll save you a lot of unnecessary stresses.

• Upvote 1

58 minutes ago, JohnnyH said:

So that's a "big thumbs up" to death camps, forced famine, opening fire on your own countrymen, overseeing as many mass exterminations as Hitler, and much more! Way to go Winnie!

No of course not, there was and always have been that kind of thing going on through the centuries with nearly every country in the world , I just don't get the slagging off GB as the only ones to have committed such crimes, Africa have constantly done it to their own people over the years and still do , plenty have done.

I just said he was the right man at the right hour, they say Cortes was a cunt but Montezuma was just as much as one to his own apparently.

1 hour ago, easytoslip said:

No of course not, there was and always have been that kind of thing going on through the centuries with nearly every country in the world , I just don't get the slagging off GB as the only ones to have committed such crimes, Africa have constantly done it to their own people over the years and still do , plenty have done.

I just said he was the right man at the right hour, they say Cortes was a cunt but Montezuma was just as much as one to his own apparently.

I think plenty of the other horrific creatures of history do get held up for the evil despots they were.  The problem is Winston Churchill was voted "Greatest ever Englishman" and if people question him in the public domain they are vilified.  Churchill gets away with murder.  Mass murder in fact. 

• Upvote 4

Guest Pistonbroke

Churchill was a massive cunt, no wonder swathes of the population adore him without knowing very little about the shit he got up to. He won us the war, innit.