You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Ryan Babel: Give me one last chance at Liverpool FC

Guest simon

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Babel is to stay he needs to be given a chance. The way he was used last season was terrible, and made it impossible for him to find any form.

The olympics put him way back, as he was just recovering from Injury and then had to leave for China. He lost pre season, and from that moment rafa did`nt give him a break.

Riera played poorly for months before beeing axed. Babel since coming here has never been given such a consisten run in the side. The closest thing was when we started playing the 4-2-3-1 system at the end of his first season. And he did well then.

Last season he played a match...was out...got about 7 minutes as a substitute loads of times. He has been very inconsistent, but the way he was used has not helped him. If rafa wants to use him like kast season, then he should be put up for sdale, as it wont help him progress, or help the team.

I am also one of the few that thinks there are a player there waiting to be unleashed. He has the attributes, what he needs is a manager who believes in him. Gives him the opportunity to try and fail and try again, but most of all he needs to get his head straight and add some self belief to his play. If he can do that, he`ll be some player. If not, he`ll be a Heskey kind of player who struggle at the biggest clubs, due to not handling the pressure.

The problem with Babel as an "impact" player that he doesn't change he game.

nonsense. even in the fulham away game it was babel run and pass for gerrard that opened space for yossi to score the winner. babel is liverpool's second highest scoring sub ever so to say he doesn't change the game from the bench is bollox frankly.

nonsense. even in the fulham away game it was babel run and pass for gerrard that opened space for yossi to score the winner. babel is liverpool's second highest scoring sub ever so to say he doesn't change the game from the bench is bollox frankly.

I agree with spidey.

*hugs spider tightly*

If Babel is to stay he needs to be given a chance. The way he was used last season was terrible, and made it impossible for him to find any form.

The olympics put him way back, as he was just recovering from Injury and then had to leave for China. He lost pre season, and from that moment rafa did`nt give him a break.

Riera played poorly for months before beeing axed. Babel since coming here has never been given such a consisten run in the side. The closest thing was when we started playing the 4-2-3-1 system at the end of his first season. And he did well then.

Last season he played a match...was out...got about 7 minutes as a substitute loads of times. He has been very inconsistent, but the way he was used has not helped him. If rafa wants to use him like kast season, then he should be put up for sdale, as it wont help him progress, or help the team.

I am also one of the few that thinks there are a player there waiting to be unleashed. He has the attributes, what he needs is a manager who believes in him. Gives him the opportunity to try and fail and try again, but most of all he needs to get his head straight and add some self belief to his play. If he can do that, he`ll be some player. If not, he`ll be a Heskey kind of player who struggle at the biggest clubs, due to not handling the pressure.

Exactly!

He frustrates me, but I still have a feeling that there is a world beater in there. The current problems are all in his head.

(..awaits Hermes joke...)

I think Babel's problems are down to self-belief rather than "attitude". It's not that he doesn't care, it's that he lacks the hunger to kick on to the next level. It's not an attitude thing, but he hasn't yet shown he wants to take games by the scruff of the neck. I don't know if it can be coached or not, but it HAS to come from him. I do find it strange that we have the perfect mentor already at the club. Although not a similar player in any way, Dirk Kuyt has taken it upon himself to try and make an impact in matches, even though he is being asked primarily to stay out wide. Maybe that has come from experience.

I think Babel's problems are down to self-belief rather than "attitude". It's not that he doesn't care, it's that he lacks the hunger to kick on to the next level. It's not an attitude thing, but he hasn't yet shown he wants to take games by the scruff of the neck. I don't know if it can be coached or not, but it HAS to come from him. I do find it strange that we have the perfect mentor already at the club. Although not a similar player in any way, Dirk Kuyt has taken it upon himself to try and make an impact in matches, even though he is being asked primarily to stay out wide. Maybe that has come from experience.

Plant Kuyt's brain, in Babels body and you would have one hell of a player.

Anfield flop Babel given way out of Liverpool by Rijkaard

By JOHN EDWARDS

Last updated at 11:20 PM on 16th June 2009

Frank Rijkaard is ready to announce his arrival as Galatasaray manager by offering to end Ryan Babel’s mounting frustration at Liverpool.

As Rafa Benitez looks to tie up the £17m signing of Glen Johnson today, former Barcelona coach Rijkaard will attempt to replenish Liverpool’s coffers with an £8m offer for his Dutch compatriot.

Rijkaard was appointed by Galatasaray earlier this month and funds are unlikely to be a stumbling block, but convincing Babel to make a fresh start in Turkey might be.

Babel has become exasperated with his lack of opportunities since leaving Ajax in a £12million deal two years ago.

He is believed to favour a move to Spain or Italy, though, if he cannot attract interest from another Premier League club.

Liverpool hope to finalise Johnson’s move from Portsmouth tonight and signal the end of a six-month pursuit of the England right back.

Sportsmail exclusively revealed Liverpool’s move for Johnson last month and, despite strong interest from Chelsea and inquiries from Bayern Munich and Manchester City, the defender is intent on heading to Anfield.

The deal will pave the way for Real Madrid’s £8m bid for Liverpool’s Spanish defender Alvaro Arbeloa.

Liverpool have also placed a £2m offer for Portsmouth defender Sylvain Distin.

Meanwhile, Liverpool captain Steven Gerrard has revealed he is considering retirement at the end of his current contract in 2013.

Gerrard said: ‘I’ll be 33 and it’s doubtful whether I’ll carry on. If I decide to stop, I’ll be

proud of the fact I’ve spent my entire career with the same club.

‘In 2005 Chelsea was a temptation, but I’m glad I never turned those thoughts into reality.’

Anfield flop Babel given way out of Liverpool by Rijkaard | Mail Online