You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 474
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IMO what to do with berbatov is their biggest headache. cut their losses or persist with him.

Don't you think Slur would be too stubborn to cut his losses after one season?

You will be wrong here. They will not struggle to get into the top 3 next season.

Could be interesting that, especially if Arsenal get their shit together and Slur has a bad transfer window. My head says Code is almost definitely wrong, but I'm sure the last time I properly argued with him he was one of the people saying Keane would be gone in Jan.

We've not heard one thing about this really. This could be a morale killer, to be honest. Think about it. You're squad has just sold the guy who has pulled a 'rabbit out of the hat' time and time again in your last two title runs. Will they have the belief without Ronaldo? Will falling behind hurt them a bit more mentally because they can't rely on the ladyboy to tighten the corset and score a few goals?

Real Madrid should have gone to a brothel

You can get a greasy cunt there for much less than £80m

Its 8.53 in the morning for christ sakes some of us are enjoying our marmalade on toast and you post that!

For all those posters saying that you cannot right United off? bollocks, I'm going to enjoy this, at least until we sign Gary O'Neil and David Bentley, the Ladyman has left them and they will be paying through the nose for a french freak, an equadorian (!) and someone from Leon.

Fuck em, they are finished, kaput.

I'm made up that he's leaving. As I said yesterday, I won't be writing the Mancs off because of it, but he has bailed them out of the shite on numerous occasions.

And he's also a cunt too, which is an added bonus because I won't have to watch him ponsing over free kicks every week.

There was some stats on SKy last night, basically in the last three seasons he has missed 13 matches, I think most of those were this season as well.

Considering they rely on him so much, they have never had to deal without him for long periods, this cannot be anything other than good news, at the moment.

Basically, today Liverpool are a better team than United.

Also, his wages will start at £11m p/a with an annual increase of 25% on a 6 year contract. So assuming he stays:

Year 1 £11m or £211k p/w

Year 2 £13.75m or £264k p/w

Year 3 £17.19m or £330k p/w

Year 4 £21.49m or £413k p/w

Year 5 £26.86m or £517k p/w

Year 6 £33.58m or £646k p/w

Not bad if you can get it.

There was some stats on SKy last night, basically in the last three seasons he has missed 13 matches, I think most of those were this season as well.

Considering they rely on him so much, they have never had to deal without him for long periods, this cannot be anything other than good news, at the moment.

Basically, today Liverpool are a better team than United.

I think we're a better team when he's there anyway, and we proved that in the last few months of the season.

They have a better squad though and unfortunately they will probably go and spend about £60M to strengthen it even further after this.

That's not to say that we won't win the league next season; if we keep our main players fit for longer periods than we did this past season, then we'll be fine.

I see us as at the stage the Mancs were in 2006. They had a really good side, but very thin squad. They were written off a bit because of it and went on to win the league, thanks largely to the fact that they kept their best players fit and also really went for it in games.

I think we're a better team when he's there anyway, and we proved that in the last few months of the season.

They have a better squad though and unfortunately they will probably go and spend about £60M to strengthen it even further after this.

That's not to say that we won't win the league next season; if we keep our main players fit for longer periods than we did this past season, then we'll be fine.

I see us as at the stage the Mancs were in 2006. They had a really good side, but very thin squad. They were written off a bit because of it and went on to win the league, thanks largely to the fact that they kept their best players fit and also really went for it in games.

Yeah I remember that season, we basically just expected Chelsea to walk it, don't forget though how much of an impact Ronaldo had that season!

I agree they have sold and progressed before, and 100 million could improve them, but (I am clinging to this) that money will probably only buy them three players, who would have to score 40 goals between them and that is before we start addressing their weaknes in midfield and defence, could go either way which in itself is not something I have ever felt when they have sold players before.

Also, his wages will start at £11m p/a with an annual increase of 25% on a 6 year contract. So assuming he stays:

Year 1 £11m or £211k p/w

Year 2 £13.75m or £264k p/w

Year 3 £17.19m or £330k p/w

Year 4 £21.49m or £413k p/w

Year 5 £26.86m or £517k p/w

Year 6 £33.58m or £646k p/w

Not bad if you can get it.

It's probably more like 25% of season 1's salary each season. In six years time, he would have disappeared so far up his own arse, there might already be a mutually agreed termination of his contract. In that sense, it's win-win for Real.

He can then while away his days at Club Tropicana, when apparently the drinks are free.

I'm made up that he's leaving. As I said yesterday, I won't be writing the Mancs off because of it, but he has bailed them out of the shite on numerous occasions.

And he's also a cunt too, which is an added bonus because I won't have to watch him ponsing over free kicks every week.

That's how I see it.

If Rooney can step up a gear and improve his scoring record, they'll probably not miss Ronaldo too much but the chances are that they'll be weaker.