You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Tevez gone to Citeh

It's complete bullshit. If Tevez has signed for City it's because he decided to play for them instead of us. He has the right to make his own decision from a legal, moral and every other standpoint. Slavery was outlawed a long, long time ago. Going off to watch some paint dry as it beats arguing the toss on here.

Edited by zigackly

• Replies 601
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not as if Tevez can say 'I'm not off there'. Whats he going to do then, not play at all?

Well, yeah. He says to Kia: "If you want any money at all for me, let me go to Liverpool, other wise you're not going to get £**M at all" I'm sure Kia wouldn't turn down that much money for nothing.

This guy made Tevez & Mascherano go to West Ham when he thought he was going to take them over. I'd like to know how much say they had in that.

Tevez wasn't playing for Corinthians at the time. Not sure what the story is behind it, but he refused to play.

Shame if true.

Joorabchian is going to send him whoever pays the most and will ultimately decide his future.

If City have trumped us by £20m there is nothing we can do about it.

It's not as if Tevez can say 'I'm not off there'. Whats he going to do then, not play at all?

This guy made Tevez & Mascherano go to West Ham when he thought he was going to take them over. I'd like to know how much say they had in that.

Pretty much my reading of the whole situation. Mascherano is fortunate to be his own player at this stage.

There'll be far too many egos in that City dressing room next year. I really can't see Hughes controlling that particular tea party.

Hopefully they'll sign Zlatan.

Tevez has made some very bizarre moves and i don't think for a minute he has had a full say in them. Who moves from Argentina to Brazil and then to West Ham!

If others disagree then that's fine but there are things such as gentleman's agreements and there are ways for very rich people to make life difficult for people they are linked with.

If City did not have mega bucks he would be off to the highest bidder whether his family likes it or not imo.

If the Mancs of United and City wanted to piss Kia off they could do a little deal of their own.

I'm pretty sure that the "option" was worded in such a way that if United paid the pre-agreed price they got the player for that price, irrespective of any other offers.

Say it was £26m, and City were really willing to pay £42m for him.

What United do is pay the £26m for him and he's all theirs. Then the same day they sell him to City for £34m.

Kia gets £26m. United get £8m. City save £8m. Kia loses £16m. He gets pissed off and fucks off somewhere else the leech.

Doesn't break any rules either as far as I know, because he'll still not have played or signed for more than two clubs in all in a year/season.

I would say thats almost true, but Tevez himself would have to agree to go there and sign the contract. If he says he doesnt want to go to United then theres nothing they could do about it.

It's complete bullshit. If Tevez has signed for City it's because he decided to play for them instead of us.

Well, yeah. He says to Kia: "If you want any money at all for me, let me go to Liverpool, other wise you're not going to get £**M at all" I'm sure Kia wouldn't turn down that much money for nothing.

Well, if he's being forced there, we can't do much about it can we?

If he'd rather play for them, fuck him.

Tevez wasn't playing for Corinthians at the time. Not sure what the story is behind it, but he refused to play.

Didn't know that. Still, I'm sure when he was thinking of clubs to sign for, West Ham weren't top of his list.

Didn't know that. Still, I'm sure when he was thinking of clubs to sign for, West Ham weren't top of his list.

The Premier League was probably the head-turner. And West Ham were in teh FA Cup final the year before, if I've got my dates right?

And yeah, if he'd rather play there, fuck him, I'd rather have a team of good players that want to play for us than have to bribe players to come.

The Premier League was probably the head-turner. And West Ham were in teh FA Cup final the year before, if I've got my dates right?

Yes, your dates are right.

Regardless of being in the FA Cup Final, I very much doubt Tevez or Masch had their hearts set on a move to West Ham.

And yeah, if he'd rather play there, fuck him, I'd rather have a team of good players that want to play for us than have to bribe players to come.

Like Man City are. Whats the issue then?

Yes, your dates are right.

Regardless of being in the FA Cup Final, I very much doubt Tevez or Masch had their hearts set on a move to West Ham.

Like Man City are. Whats the issue then?

But a move to the Premier League could entice Real Madrid/Liverpool/Man Utd to look at them. It worked aswell!

The issue is that I'd rather have him play here than there, just for the right reasons.

Tevez and Eto are supposed to be signing for them, and there trying to sign Lescott and Arteta.

The first two are supposed to be nailed on.

I also think its half the reason Barry went there as well, I'm sure they would have told him the players there expected to sign.

I've no problem with City and the money non at all, just wish we could have scouted this Abu Dabi lot.

Agreed, fair play to them. At least their previous owner and CEO knew their stuff, free stadium from the Commonwealth games, top owners with cash to burn !

Would have liked Tevez for us to be honest. If we just signed one person, he'd be it.

Agreed, fair play to them. At least their previous owner and CEO knew their stuff, free stadium from the Commonwealth games, top owners with cash to burn !

Would have liked Tevez for us to be honest. If we just signed one person, he'd be it.

They don't have a free stadium. They don't own it and they are tenants and have to pay rent.

Yes, but is it not a nominal amount and a long term lease ? They therefore rake in the profit at home games do they now ?

It's long term lease, yes, but I don't think it was ridiculously cheap or anything. I can't remember what it was but we talked about this on the forum a year or two ago. I think it was like £8m or so a season.

City are going to be massive, in a way i can cope with that cos i've nothing against them at all, in fact it's quite funny imagining the panic that is surely spreading like a raging fire through their neighbours. I'll tell you what though, i know section 31 has touched on this, imagine if this was Everton!!!! It would be a living nightmare.

Guest simon
City are going to be massive, in a way i can cope with that cos i've nothing against them at all, in fact it's quite funny imagining the panic that is surely spreading like a raging fire through their neighbours. I'll tell you what though, i know section 31 has touched on this, imagine if this was Everton!!!! It would be a living nightmare.

I'd go out and kill the Owner.

A nightmare indeed to imagine that.

Why is he a mercenary cunt? City are on the up and they're bleeding cash, we, on the other hand, are on our arse off the pitch and could conceivable lose some of our best players this summer. I wouldn't come to Liverpool with the state it's in off the pitch.

I don't buy this thing about Hughes not having a clue/not knowing any tactics either. I mean most of us on this forum could think of several styles of play and ways to play against certain teams, etc, so someone like him that's been in the game so long must know a decent amount of stuff. We'll probably see anyway once he actually has a top team of players to try his style of play/tactics out with.

Wouldn't be surprised if he's told the owners to look across the city at Utd aswell, and that even though Slur started off pretty shite, staying with him eventually paid off and that might have made them keep him on because he's convinced them that with enough funds, he has a decent chance of making something truly lasting at the club.

Of course it makes me cringe even thinking about it, but I doubt he's as daft as people make him out, and with the players he'll have he might do well even if he doesn't have much of a clue.

Why is he a mercenary cunt?

I thought the same, and the more quality additions their squad has the less that'll hold water.