You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

How is reorganizing the football related set up of the club akin to thinking you own it?

His remit should be to work with the reserve team coaches, work with the Academy staff, coach the first team, recommend players to the board. The End.

He isn't here for eternity, I want the club to be in its own personality.. otherwise we will be hiring and firing half the club when we change the manager.

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What is a joke about it Menc?

Aside from the fact that you know nothing of the circumstances in which this suggestion was made: he might have been, as outrageous as it seems, asked his opinion on it?

You can't be so desperate to criticise him that you're going to start criticising things that are good ideas? How about Barca - do they play their youth games three quarters of an hour away from their training ground?

It would be negligent of Benitez to not make suggestions that he thinks would improve the club. It's his job. Although given that he doesn't own the club I don't know why he's bothering. I hope Torres, Gerrard and all aren't labouring under a similar misapprehension.

Rashid how the fuck you work that one out mate i don't know.

I post nowhere near as much on here now as i used to purely because of shite that is constantly put on.

I support Rafa in many things he does but i have always maintained that i thought Rafa had his tactics wrong at the start and middle of the season where we were grind results out.

You say you want a technical director like they do in Spain etc but when Rafa suggests us doing something that one of the two biggest clubs in Spain do in playing games at a complex Rafa is a cunt for suggesting it.

Same as the guy we have appointed (sorry forgotten his name) who was responsible for the other biggest club in Spains Academy production line.

Just for once look at the bigger picture and you will see what is happening in front of your eyes and that is we are finally getting set up right where the manager gets control of the whole team and can save us money by bringing through the youth.

Al stated above that one of the reasons Darby is not yet in the first team is because he is deemed physically not ready for it because the Academy is not setup right to get the most out of these kids.

Fans want everything and they want right away when they forget it is a building process which as so far got us into second place and hopefully in the coming season take us that next step into Champions.

Rashid how the fuck you work that one out mate i don't know.

I post nowhere near as much on here now as i used to purely because of shite that is constantly put on.

I support Rafa in many things he does but i have always maintained that i thought Rafa had his tactics wrong at the start and middle of the season where we were grind results out.

You say you want a technical director like they do in Spain etc but when Rafa suggests us doing something that one of the two biggest clubs in Spain do in playing games at a complex Rafa is a cunt for suggesting it.

Same as the guy we have appointed (sorry forgotten his name) who was responsible for the other biggest club in Spains Academy production line.

Just for once look at the bigger picture and you will see what is happening in front of your eyes and that is we are finally getting set up right where the manager gets control of the whole team and can save us money by bringing through the youth.

Al stated above that one of the reasons Darby is not yet in the first team is because he is deemed physically not ready for it because the Academy is not setup right to get the most out of these kids.

Fans want everything and they want right away when they forget it is a building process which as so far got us into second place and hopefully in the coming season take us that next step into Champions.

Coop you only show up to bang Rafa's drum mate.

How is reorganizing the football related set up of the club akin to thinking you own it?

His remit should be to work with the reserve team coaches, work with the Academy staff, coach the first team, recommend players to the board. The End.

He isn't here for eternity, I want the club to be in its own personality.. otherwise we will be hiring and firing half the club when we change the manager.

I think, whether he has previously asked for control or not, a manager is entitled to make suggestions and recommendations, particularly if he has a successful background in the relevant matter.

By suggesting something like having reserve matches at the Academy, he is being practical. Economically, it's also prudent because the club isn't being billed to use another club's facilities, what with any additional policing costs etc.

Perhaps Rash, you could make a few helpful suggestions, rather than dismissing anything that doesn't fit your all-to-obvious Anti-Rafa agenda. You spend more time telling everyone why you hate something. I, on the other hand, spend some considerable time trying to make a positive contribution to this forum. It may not be appreciated by all, but I do it because I hold LFC so dearly to heart.

If you read that Barca article properly instead of just looking for sticks to beat Rafa with, you would have seen that the man who introduced Barcas current system was none other than Louis van Gaal, who was.........MANAGER!

It was 11 years ago as well which is probably a realistic time frame for our new direction as well, so you can put the knives back in the drawer in this regard the next few years.

Actually I'd rather he kept to his remit.

His remit is to look after the footballing side of things. I know you've become a big Barca fan in recent weeks, but before that you were quite a fan of Wenger's work too. What's his remit?

We don't have the structure that Barca have: as the article posted before stated their academy was shaped 10 years ago by Van Gaal. Ours is a mess and the best man to sort it at the moment is Rafa. Please stop demanding that we develop an academy of the standard of Barca's overnight without letting the man with most footballing knowledge at the club get involved.

EDIT: Jackofdk beat me to it.

How do you know he won't relinquish control of the Academy after he's implemented all the changes that are required?

This thing is nothing to do with Rafa Benitez.

If we had King Kenny incharge, or Bob Paisley reincarnate I'd not want any manager having control of every aspect of the club. Firstly it distracts them from their job, secondly if they leave then a new man will come in expecting the same control and obviously to change "Rafa's men".

We are LFC not Rafa FC or any manager FC.

His remit is to look after the footballing side of things. I know you've become a big Barca fan in recent weeks, but before that you were quite a fan of Wenger's work too. What's his remit?

We don't have the structure that Barca have: as the article posted before stated their academy was shaped 10 years ago by Van Gaal. Ours is a mess and the best man to sort it at the moment is Rafa. Please stop demanding that we develop an academy of the standard of Barca's overnight without letting the man with most footballing knowledge at the club get involved.

EDIT: Jackofdk beat me to it.

I've not demanded any of the above, I have demanded the club do not build the club around the personality of any manager but of itself.

Alright mate if you say so.

Ive already told you i don't post on here as much as i used to because of the shite that gets posted and surpisingly it seems to have coincided with your return.

You can't have a debate on here without it turning into a slanging match and once more turned into a 'anti-Rafa vs pro-Rafa' abuse.

If im a cunt for supporting the manager then so be it but if i think he is dropping a bollock then i will rightly say so.

If it seems that im always sticking up for the manager then that purely because every time i look in here there is more and more Rafa bashing and whilst some of it is justified much of it is complete bollocks.

I used to love this place and i have a hell of a lot of respect for Dave building this website up and keeping the fanzine going but its on a downhill slope at the moment and its appears every day the lunatics have taken over the asylum.

I've not demanded any of the above, I have demanded the club do not build the club around the personality of any manager but of itself.

So you want our youth department to be like Barca's who was put in place by their (foreign) manager, but you don't want our (foreign) manager to have a hand in setting up ours?

Brilliant.

So do you think the academy's fine as it is?

If not, who would you put in charge of it? Gillett, Hicks or Ayres? It's a tasty selection.

So you want our youth department to be like Barca's who was put in place by their (foreign) manager, but you don't want our (foreign) manager to have a hand in setting up ours?

Brilliant.

Coop where did I call you a cunt?

Jack - I don't know what you are going on about to be honest, I've said my piece. I support LFC by the way.

Jack - I don't know what you are going on about to be honest, I've said my piece. I support LFC by the way.

You do know what he's going on about though, he's just explained above, and you read the article he's referring to.

Sneaky way of avoiding the question though.

Demanded?

I see you've done you usual trick of ignoring the important points (like the one about Van Gaal) and just moving on swiftly.

I think this is very positive news overall. The Academy has been suffering in the background for too long whilst there has been issues between the first team and the youth set-up.

It can only be a good thing that Rafa now has full control and can implement the changes that he sees as necessary to improve the flow of players into the first team.

As Alan said, hopefully we'll start to see the positive affect this will have in the next few years.

I think my post is very straight forward, and I'm not doubting your allegiances, by the way.

You say you want to have a setup like Barca's, which was setup by their manager. But you don't want our manager to setup ours. That does not make sense.

The thing for me is i see Rafa trying to set up a system that will not only benefit him because it will hopefully produce some quality youngsters coming through the team but it will benefit the club as well due to the money saved.

We have some very talented kids coming through in Dalla Valle, Ince, Amoo, Pepper etc and hopefully under the new setup they will kick on with their progression into becoming a Liverpool regular first teamer.

We have had nothing since Gerrard came through 10 years ago which to me suggest something is not right with the Academy which is something the current manager now finally as the chance to put right.

I dont care if the people Rafa is appointing are not high profile names i want the right candidate for the position not the most glamorous.

People can turn around and say Rafa should not have so much power but what is is purely setting up can see us for years much past Rafa's tenure at the club and if successful then there would be no reason as to why any new manager would not implement the same ideas.

Do we stay as we are now where the whole club is split via politics like it has been for the last few years or do we actually all try and pull in the same direction and all for the better for Liverpool FC.

By supporting "LFC" as an abstract essence that is not embodied in any person or persons, Rashid gives himself the licence to attack anyone and everyone at the club on the grounds they do not represent his private contradictory vision of LFC at any given moment. Its pure sophistry.

Seriously, can we not just ban Rashid and get back to discussing football? He's posting about 1000 times a month. That's just spam. We could just get someone to build autoposting software, because we all know what he's going to post in every thread anyway.