You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rooney

peter burgess

22 minutes ago, lifetime fan said:

Thick, lying cunt. 

ETA: @Anubis Could he argue that comment meant ‘he doesn’t talk to them about personal matters’ - meaning he has spoken to them about football matters? 

I'm no lawyer but that's my take from his comment in court, he speaks to them about football because its part of his job? otherwise I'm sure Vardys QC would have pulled him up on it. 

Just my take, might be wrong.

On 17/05/2022 at 15:06, magicrat said:

Never heard of Heard and Depp is possibly the most over-rated actor ever.  The world is tearing itself to pieces, nuclear war is raising its ugly head , Pandemic is far from over and inflation is pushing millions into poverty yet we get spoon-fed wall to wall coverage of over-entitled gobshites squabbling over their pathetic personal lives. 

What an original insight. Did you write this song, too?

I suspect he means he speaks to them in press conferences about football as part of his managerial duties (they’re not banned at other clubs, just ours) but wouldn’t speak to them on a personal level.

Anyway - Becky Vardy - IT expert says she’s been manually deleting WhatsApp messages, the one’s she hasn’t deleted shows she’s been pumping stories out to journalists with the help of her agent, and her agent’s phone fell into the North Sea as she was taking photos on holiday just in time to avoid handing over the material on it….

48 minutes ago, Anubis said:

I suspect he means he speaks to them in press conferences about football as part of his managerial duties (they’re not banned at other clubs, just ours) but wouldn’t speak to them on a personal level.

How would that tie in with him taking their cash for exclusives when he first came on the scene? 

14 hours ago, lifetime fan said:

How would that tie in with him taking their cash for exclusives when he first came on the scene? 

I was answering a question posed by somebody else. I think the one above is best put to the man himself.

• 8 months later...
  • 11 months later...

What a manager

The stats will be worse later when updated after they just got twatted by Leeds. What a genius move by whoever was in charge at Birmingham

Birmingham were fifth on the night of Eustace's final game, a 3-1 home win against local rivals West Bromwich Albion, and sixth on the day Rooney was named his successor.

People also ask

What happened to John Eustace?

On 9 October 2023, Eustace was sacked with the club citing the importance of the board of directors and management being fully aligned on the culture of the football club as the reason behind the decision.

Can only assume the board culture is that of pushing for League 1 and being red faced,granny shagging losers

It's now

Played 16

Won 2

Drew 4

Lost 10

GF 10

GA 33

Pts 10

Screenshot_20240101_170447_Chrome.jpg

46 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

What a manager

The stats will be worse later when updated after they just got twatted by Leeds. What a genius move by whoever was in charge at Birmingham

Birmingham were fifth on the night of Eustace's final game, a 3-1 home win against local rivals West Bromwich Albion, and sixth on the day Rooney was named his successor.

People also ask

On 9 October 2023, Eustace was sacked with the club citing the importance of the board of directors and management being fully aligned on the culture of the football club as the reason behind the decision.

Can only assume the board culture is that of pushing for League 1 and being red faced,granny shagging losers

It's now

Played 16

Won 2

Drew 4

Lost 10

GF 10

GA 33

Pts 10

Manchester United should be looking at him when Ten haag goes

9 minutes ago, littletedwest said:

Manchester United should be looking at him when Ten haag goes

Maybe Ferdinand can put a good word in for him?  

1 hour ago, Lee909 said:

What a manager

People also ask

It's now

Played 16

Won 2

Drew 4

Lost 10

GF 10

GA 33

Pts 10

My boss is a Birmingham fan. He was willing to give Fatty a chance to implement his ideas, but I think if I asked him now he'd probably say different.

It seemed a very strange appointment at the time ,I mean what the fuck has he done in his management career to warrant getting a job like that .

I bet Eustace is laughing his bollocks off at the mess they have made of it. 

49 minutes ago, Tj hooker said:

It seemed a very strange appointment at the time ,I mean what the fuck has he done in his management career to warrant getting a job like that. 

There’s plenty of managers who get a tough early gig, do well given the circumstances, and then get the elbow after a while once the side hit a run of bad form. Rooney hasn’t been bad at Derby or DC, just utterly forgettable (except he kept on getting press coverage because of his name). Stevie Nicol has had a better management career and I’m not sure anyone here could even name which MLS side he was at for 10 years.  

2 hours ago, Ron B said:

There’s plenty of managers who get a tough early gig, do well given the circumstances, and then get the elbow after a while once the side hit a run of bad form. Rooney hasn’t been bad at Derby or DC, just utterly forgettable (except he kept on getting press coverage because of his name). Stevie Nicol has had a better management career and I’m not sure anyone here could even name which MLS side he was at for 10 years.  

Them average point totals say he was crap for both. Though he has a bit of a excise with Derby finances. 1.04ppg at DC United and now around 0.6ppg at a Birmingham side that was 5th when he took over tells you he's shite

34 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

Them average point totals say he was crap for both. Though he has a bit of an excise with Derby finances. 1.04ppg at DC United and now around 0.6ppg at a Birmingham side that was 5th when he took over tells you he's shite

Aye. There were excuses for his struggles with Derby, and with DC too. But if he wasn’t Wayne Rooney he wouldn’t have got an MLS job based on his record at Derby, and he wouldn’t have got the Birmingham gig based on either stint.

No excuses for how terrible he’s been at Brum though. Two wins and four draws from 15 games so far. Eurgh. 

You'd think that working under Sir Alex the greatest manager of all time that him and loads of other players who played for him would have learnt something from him. 

Steve Bruce, Mark Hughes, Ole, Giggs, Bryan Robson, the Nevilles and Roy Keane have all been shite managers