You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The end nigh for the two twats?

But the refinance was agreed and was all finalised, isn't that what was said when I was telling everyone there is a chance of making a difference if a fuss was made?

Or am I imagining things?

No you're not mate and some of the abuse you took was out of order.

Still piss ups and fact finding missions seem to take precedence over proper action.

The whole fucking thing sickens me to the pit of my stomach.

• Replies 445
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

People should make a distinction between the accountants and the auditors.

The statement today was by the auditors. The auditors are hired by the BoD and are obliged to report to them. The company is obliged to file their report with Companies House. That's how the report became public.

The auditors are required by law to declare whether a company will be a going concern for the next twelve months. LFC and its parent company will not be going concerns based on the information supplied to the auditors. They have debts which can be called by the lenders in July 2009. If those debts are called but not repaid the companies will be bankrupt.

Clearly, the hope is that the finance will be re-negotiated so that the debts will not be called for another year or two years. But the auditors do not know if such renegotiations will succeed.

Even if the repayment deadline for the debts is extended for a year or more the companies will not be going concerns because they cannot service those debts from projected finances.

Another possibility is that the owners will (a) sell assets to raise cash and reduce debt (b) invest cash to reduce debt © sell equity in the companies to other investors (d) sell the companies.

If they could get a cash investment or a construction loan for a new stadium, the projections of future cash flow would look a lot brighter allowing the auditors to say that all debts could be serviceable and repayable from cash-flow.

I usually look forward and focus on things where you actually can achive things so I`m finished with DM long ago.

The focus should be on the two cretins Statler and Waldorf and the pressure should be on them non stop giving them all the bad press its possible to give them.

Constant demonstrations would be my solution and if I lived in Liverpool I`d happily invest my own time in the cause.

If the fans get together and are united in the protests no owner would be able to keep it going, a united fans voice would be too strong.

But the history and traditions we are fighting to keep is also working against us in the same case, without "The Liverpool Way" so cemented in the fanbase my guess is that they would be gone by now.

Ask yourself what would have happened if this happened at a club in lets say Italy where the emotions are running a bit wilder.

Well said mate, we need to take positive action starting now. I did protest and went to the first SOS meetings but since then the support for the cause has diminished whilst the apathy has grown. I also remember being at the H&W fa cup game and being shouted down on the kop, the upshot was a compromise SOS were forced to make by not protesting in the ground. It lost all momentum then and the meeting with rafa was the final nail.

...all it needs is one season of decreased revenue (ie failure to reach the CL knockout phase), or indeed Mr G or Mr H to pop their clogs, and the club is in dire straits.

So I can't even wish them both dead any more? Fuck me this is bleak.

Whenever there is a loss on company accounts, accountants have to put a comment on about the 'doubt that the company can continue as a going concern.'

It covers them and also forewarns any potential buyer that the last set of accounts were shit.

Happened to one of my companies once and isnt any great deal so people shouldnt worry about it.

I dont have the opportunity to read this whole thread but ratcatcher is right. The auditors job is to express an opinion on the numbers of the company it is auditing. If the company has shown a particulalry large loss or has a negative balance sheet then they are obliged to include a statement about their concern on the companies ability to continue as a going concern.

It is a standard report which they are obliged to include.

Hyperbole.

What did Rafa say in the meeting?

I think he asked them not to protest during the game but I may be wrong. I would like some clarification on whether he asked them not to protest or whether he asked them not to protest during the game, if anybody knows?

Well said mate, we need to take positive action starting now. I did protest and went to the first SOS meetings but since then the support for the cause has diminished whilst the apathy has grown. I also remember being at the H&W fa cup game and being shouted down on the kop, the upshot was a compromise SOS were forced to make by not protesting in the ground. It lost all momentum then and the meeting with rafa was the final nail.

My cousin and I took dogs abuse from mainly older fans during that game and I mean proper abuse.

It was almost as though the older fans didn't mind the yanks twats.

Fuck Rafa, fuck the piss stained fans and fuck SOS, it's time to rid the club of this vermin once and for all.

All out war against the fucking pair of them.

Guest Ulysses Everett McGill
Didn't you say you were going to pass your information on to SOS Andy. What was their response.

Yeah, I passed it on, before I posted anything on here, don't know if anything was said or done, none of my business.

I can't remember, but I think Benitez made out that he wanted the protests to stop because it affected the team(which imo is bollocks).

However I can't remember the post too well, atk can probably verify it - but I do think it was a bit dodgy that this was left out of the minutes (I don't remember it anyway, I think I found out about it cause of atk quitting).

I think a lot of people were thinking that because of the supposed "uneasy alliance" between Hicks/Benitez, he was trying to get the protests to stop on the orders of Hicks.

There's a team in The Championship called Newcastle United and another in League One called Leeds United. Both clubs united in their disunity.

We have to be careful so we dont end up like them. They are the two examples every club should follow of how not to run a football club.

I can't remember, but I think Benitez made out that he wanted the protests to stop because it affected the team(which imo is bollocks).

However I can't remember the post too well, atk can probably verify it - but I do think it was a bit dodgy that this was left out of the minutes (I don't remember it anyway, I think I found out about it cause of atk quitting).

What minutes? Has there ever been documented minutes from an SOS meeting?

Failing a Man City like saviour coming along can anybody see a way out of this mess? We really could be fucked couldn't we? I mean seriously, seriously fucked.

I don't think we're that bad, yet.

There's too many rich Liverpool fans in the world to let that happen.

just read the accounts and they make depressing reading - no-one in their right mind (luckily those arab sheiks normally aren't) would buy this club for anywhere near the price being asked by these idiots. We have spent over £20m on the new stadium already and have very little to show for it. The accounts all the way through show warning signs and apart from the increase in income due to the new tv deal there is very little other good news. All our costs are increasing, there is a lot of money outstanding on transfers ( much more than we are owed)