You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

I went to Kardamena last year, it was a bit shit to tell the truth. Music got turned off at 12 in all the bars, bar the three of four big indoor clubs, were it's like €8 a drink.

The best place to go once all the bars and that die down, is this 24 hour hotel called Cava, it's up by the two main clubs 'Status' and 'Starlight'.

I went to Kardamena last year, it was a bit shit to tell the truth. Music got turned off at 12 in all the bars, bar the three of four big indoor clubs, were it's like €8 a drink.

The best place to go once all the bars and that die down, is this 24 hour hotel called Cava, it's up by the two main clubs 'Status' and 'Starlight'.

Sounds a bit shit. That Kos Town is supposed to be alright isn't it?

Sounds a bit shit. That Kos Town is supposed to be alright isn't it?

Dunno Secsh, we were meant to go on one of those day long 'pub crawl' things to Kos Town, but I came in from the previous night at about 10 in the morning, and ended up sleeping through til about 8 at night, so missed all that shit. I've heard it's even more expensive than Kardamena though!

That said, there's normally some quality stuff happening on the beaches at night, just random parties and that. You can get bottles of Heineken for like €1 in the shops, just buy a load and go get fucked up.

I've been twice. Once to Kos Town years ago with my parents and once on an 18-30's to Kardamena. I don't have any memories of Kos Town as being a party town, so to speak, as I was about 12 at the time, but I do remember that there is a nice marina area and some good restaurants in the main square. I couldn't tell you about cost though. There are also some nice beaches, if I remember rightly.

I also have some foggy memories of Kardamena, but for very different reasons. It's not like all the other 'party' island towns as it doesn't have a strip of bars, but I actually liked it because of that. The music in the streets does get turned off at 12 (it's the law) but there are lots of clubs to go to, including a couple that aren't dance clubs. One is called Downtown and it's in a little cellar bar; very well air conditioned too. It plays all the classic indie and motown stuff. I like it in there a lot. You get a free drink on getting in and I think it cost about 3-4 euros on the door. The rest of the drinks weren't all that bad provided you don't mind drinking the domestic lager and local spirits; i.e. the Greek stuff. It's the imports that they get people on like Red Bull. The other clubs Woo mentioned, Starlight and Status, are ok too. I personally didn't like Status as I thought it had too many 'local' creepy Greek men in it, but Starlight was ok. They had a few random touring DJ's on as well while I was over there, so it's definitely not a boring place to be.

The fact that there is no strip means that you don't have a load of people standing in the street trying to drag you into places, which is what gets on my nerves. It also means, however, that there aren't as many drinks deals and places aren't competing as much. Some places do cheap shots and the like; the usual fishbowl type drinks are ok as well.

There is also a really good waterpark, lots of boat tours to go on round the island, a lovely beach and some good restaurants. I liked a fish place called Nemo's and there's also a really good old Greek place that I could look the name up for if you wanted me to.

Hope that helps.

I went when i was about 12 with my mum and dad. Apart from New York, it was the only place i had a tear in my eye when i had to leave and come back. Amazing place. I was young and innocent then though and didnt really have any expectations. Its pretty chilled from what i can remember, but some greek cunt tried to crack onto my sister. My old man wasnt happy!

My mates went years ago and said theres only two types of people who go to Kos, gays and gays.

I went with my ex-fiancée, god knows what that makes the pair of us.

What I like about Kos is that it has variety. You can get wasted and party all night if you want to, and you can enjoy Kos's rich cultural heritage in the daytime if you want to. I recommend Kos Town if you want the mix, Kardamena if you're just interested in the hedonistic stuff. The only problem with the town is that there's not really any sandy beaches nearby, but on the other hand, you get less of the pisshead mentality. If you want a beach, you can take a trip to Paradise Beach, which is the best beach on the island.

Kos was the home of Hippocrates (he of the Hippocratic oath), the father of modern medicine, and I would definitely recommend a visit to the Asklepieion on Kos, perhaps the world's first hospital:

800px-Kos_Asklepeion.jpg

If you stay in Kos Town, you'll find lots of cool little ruins dotted around the place, temples and odeons and the like. You can get round all of them in 3-4 hours.

Kos castle I thought was rather cool.

The harbour is beautiful, especially at night.

If you want to venture a bit further, you can go on a boat trip to the island of Nisyros. The volcano there is awesome, and the monastery isn't bad either. Or you can go to Bodrum for the day (Kos is nearer Turkey's mainland than Greece's).

There's other excursions available too. We went up to this village (called Zia? I think) in the hills and there's this open air restaurant where you can eat and drink and watch the sun set over the Mediterranean. Romantic if you like that sort of thing.

It was just an ace place for a holiday, I wish I had gone for 2 weeks or 10 days instead of 1 week though.

We went on a family holiday when I was 16, and stayed in Tigaki on the northern coast. Pretty dull town, but Kos Town wasn't far away so not all bad.

My abiding memory is 2 days after the coach transfer from airport to apartment. We landed after midnight, and the airport is in the mountains slap-bang central. The coach was slaloming down the unlit road in the hills at 50mph, but it was so dark you couldn't see anything.

Couple of days later we toured this area again on scooters. The route had 50-foot drops down either side! I would have been bricking it if the coach ride was in broad daylight!

Cheers for that SD.

Yeah from what I've read about Kos it does seem to have a good mix. We want to go for a few beers but also somewhere that's not the flavour of the month 'get pissed' venue like Malia, or somewhere that's just been thrown together for the pissheads like the truly hell on earth experience that is Falaraki.

I went with an ex. Seemed to think it was ok at the time but looking back it was a bit shit. Been to much nicer places since.

Not really a party all night place either, I got a henna tattoo which was wank, I had to have my leg shaved for it too. What a cock I must have looked!