You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

SOS - Priority Ticket Scheme

The solution is simple - if you are on the PTS but don't buy at least (say) 8 tickets in a season then you lose your membership to the next person in line in the queue for PTS membership.

Except. I would normally attend far more matches than that but having ruptured my Achilles tendon in November I haven't managed 8 games this year, so then I'd have to surrender next season too for reasons beyond my control. How would you supervise these sort of issues or is it a straight 8 games or you're out?

The solution is simple - if you are on the PTS but don't buy at least (say) 8 tickets in a season then you lose your membership to the next person in line in the queue for PTS membership.

Wouldn't that just encourage people to buy them to sell them on?

Wouldn't that just encourage people to buy them to sell them on?

you don't actually get a ticket - you only get access with your fancard so you'd have to trust the buyer with your card which should stop touting

Except. I would normally attend far more matches than that but having ruptured my Achilles tendon in November I haven't managed 8 games this year, so then I'd have to surrender next season too for reasons beyond my control. How would you supervise these sort of issues or is it a straight 8 games or you're out?

it would be difficult to deal with cases like yours but at the moment eveybody is out of the scheme

What a fucking money grabbing scheme by the club. We don't have a new 70 thousand seater so lets screw the most out of the 5000 pts tickets. Got my letter this morning telling me they are scrapping the pts due to "a significant drop in the numbers of pts members applying for tickets" well how fucking comes it sells out for every fucking game! Looks like Mr Ayre got his calculator out and said hmmmm....10,000 members times £55 = £550000 while £29 times god knows how much = ching ching. Plus all that lovely extra phone revenue we can look forward to paying.Cunts.

Well then you still buy your ticket and give your mate/someone on here your fancard.

• 4 weeks later...

The Spirit of Shankly have had further feedback from Ian Ayre, Commercial Director of LFC about the application of loyalty for the ex-Priority Ticket Scheme Members. Additionally there is further news relating to a Mass Meeting that has been called and the RBS re-financing issue – please see

Mass Meeting-RBS-PTS – Spirit Of Shankly – Liverpool Supporters' Union

i know it sounds lazy but I really dont think I can be arsed signing up again, the joy of the pts was that my days wasted trying to get tickets on the general were over, this free for all will be an absolute nightmare

fair play to SOS for pushing this but Ayre's got what he wanted anyway

you don't actually get a ticket - you only get access with your fancard so you'd have to trust the buyer with your card which should stop touting

I understand that having a fan card should reduce the amount of touting.

This doesn't stop various people outside the ground touting though, and where I sit in the Lower Cent, the 3 seats in front of me are owned by a bloke who never attends a game.

According to the lad who sits next to me, who used to pay this fella face value for one of his ST's, he owns 5 ST's in total. He's probably getting at least £50 on average a ticket for each game?

No system is perfect, and until we get a bigger ground,and have more tickets available for genuine fans, there'll always be ways found for touting tickets cos there'll always be a demand that people will pay for..