You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Barry signs for Citeh...

Lefti

Man City are going to fuck it up for us all this summer

More to the point is are City going to fuck up our Cl qualification next year.

They clearly are going to outbid everyone else for the top players until they get enough or they sign for someone else.

People forget that Chelsea were on the up before Bramovich's millions and maybe had a bit of luck in finding Mourinhio capable of turning a squad of top class players into a team.

• Replies 500
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He wanted to go to us last season but it never happened.

He probably wouldn't of been first choice at centre mid (or anywhere else) coming here this summer.

He's done 12 years service at Villa, so maybe sought a fresh challenge.

He's probably been promised by Hughes etc. some pretty high profile signings are to follow him into City, therefore adding to the chances they'll challenge the top 4 and make Europe.

It's rumoured he hasn't got on well with O'Neil since last summer.

He's probably been offered a very healthy wage.

They're about all the reasons I can suggest as to why he's gone to City, and fair play to him. Would of been nice to see him here (with Xabi of course) but hey, we've got other areas of the team to pursue, and probably on a tight budget.

Guest Rafa's Dirk
You say that but how many of us wouldn't leave our current job and jump to the next one if we were offered double our wages. I know if I was offered double my salary to move to another but lesser consultancy firm I'd take it in a heartbeat. Money talks.

Yeah too right you would, I would too. But this isnt your average job, they are footballers for fucks sake! They earn thousands a week, they dont need money, they should be going for glory, not the pennys! By going to City, Barry has proved he is infact a money grabbing cunt. fuck him. I dont want money grabbing players wearing the liverpool shirt every week!

They clearly are going to outbid everyone else for the top players until they get enough or they sign for someone else.

People forget that Chelsea were on the up before Bramovich's millions and maybe had a bit of luck in finding Mourinhio capable of turning a squad of top class players into a team.

Nah don't think so, they can only buy so many. And look at Kaka, apparently signing for Real for half of what City were offering. There's really nothing to worry about. Either they sign the type of cloggers Hughes will go for, and always lag behind, or the board go over his head and sign the Robinho types, in which case there will be Dressing Room meltdown sooner rather than later.

To be fair to Barry,if Rafa had come out and said Xabi is staying and Masch the best in the business, then Gerrard , he's probably thinking he's only going to replace Lucas, that means waiting for injuries to players or playing in lesser games.If I was him I'd be thinking how often I'd play for Liverpool.Then City offer him stupid wages and guaranteed first team football along with God knows who they are going to buy this summer then going to City is not the backard step we all think it is.It's probably a step up from Villa anyway.

Yeah I was thinking of that too. He's likely to get a lot more games, and maybe Hughes has told him he'll be at the center of his plans/whatever he needed to say to get him.

And if Arse lose Fabregas and a couple of others in the window, it's possible (possible! not I think it'll happen.) that they could pass Arse and get that fourth spot. It's ok saying will they fuck, etc, but when you think of the amount of players they could end up with it's a bit scary.

If you have not bought into the rubbish peddled by Rashid-ATK and others on here it is very obvious why Barry has signed for City.

1. He knew he was not wanted by LFC, Chelsea, Arsenal or Man Utd.

2. He wanted to get away from Villa because of the way he was treated last year i.e. booed, villified, denied a benefit after ten years loyal service, denied a move to LFC at a reasonable price, and demoted from the captaincy which he had earned.

3. Apart from City, there were no other teams that could match or better the deal being offered by Villa.

4. At City he will be a regular which will help his international ambitions.

If we genuinely wanted Barry to such an extent that we were prepared to sacrifice Alonso for him, then we would have got him. It's as simple as that.

I agree with that. At the very least it would have played out publicly for a few days.

How can City get a deal done so quickly and yet we always drag our arses on deals ?

Is anyone surprised we havent actually signed anyone yet ?

Its not quite time to panic, just yet, is it?

"I'd only leave Villa for the Champions League".

Oh grow up. Do you ever give anything more than 5 seconds thought before coming out with absolute judgements?

Do you know how much of City's transfer plans have been revealed to Barry?

Do you know if Barry feels that Villa, after their collapse this season, and limited spending plans, will never make the CL?

Do you know if Barry feels reasonably confident that, given the proposed transfer plans City have, that they will become a force within a couple of years?

No, none of that. He's just a money grabbing bastard (played his heart out for one club his entire career so far, but thats no indication, is it?).

Jesus, its like all you rumour mongers all have the same disease. Symptoms?

- An inability to distinguish rumour from fact.

- Accepting gossip from more than 1 source as "inside info, which must be true"

- If you have difficulties making any sensible argument backing up your "gossip dressed up as inside info", then its all covered by "Rafa is an evil bastard, and who knows why the fuck he's doing this"

- Once your lies blow up in your face, its just "oh well, lets move on to the next piece of sensationalist shit"

- all public characters in your sensastionalist soap opera are 2 dimensional, who only think and act in the simplest of terms. "More trophies", "More money" or "He pissed me off".

In real life, even garbage men make career choices with greater thought.

Its all so bloody tedious. Try to be different for a change. Just to shock the rest of us. The next thing you're going to post about, don't. Think about it. Then try to bring some logic to it.

Then post.

If nothing else, you'll shock half this forum into temporary silence. Thats you, and the rest of the "I'm so special, I have inside info, I know shit" crowd who act like the worst kind of sensationalist tabloid journalist.

isr - Barry was at Villa for most of his career because they are the only top club that wanted him, he was nearly sold to Pompey for £7m three seasons ago before O'Neill joined an blocked it. O'Neill made him into a decent midfielder and as soon as he started getting interest he more or less off - NOT for Champions League but for money.

No. There isn't.

Alonso is still a gonner, regardless of Barry signing for Villa.

If you'd like to make a healthy wager towards the HJC on it then count me in.

fifty quid?

Your sources are really letting you down Tom ....

The fact he went there so swiftly does suggest they are about to go on a mega spree. Rafas gonna have his work cut out this summer. I think what it will mean is that we sign more foreigners we dont know a great deal about as the domestic market has gone mad.

Im more dissapointed that Ancelloti looks like he wants Glen Johnson. Think he would have given us something different to what we have already (in a positive way)

As has already been mentioned, I think they'll get Tevez, which we would be a relief (not as good as Dirk and certainly not worth more than 10m )

I get the impression the money men at City conduct there transfer policy by all meeting for breakfast and reading the English tabloids and bidding for all the players who seem certain to join their rivals- Barry, Tevez, Berbatov, Santa Cruz etc. I dont think they see the need for a scouting department, just buy the S**, star and mirror

Heres to an exciting summer!!!!!!!!! Lets have it.

isr - Barry was at Villa for most of his career because they are the only top club that wanted him, he was nearly sold to Pompey for £7m three seasons ago before O'Neill joined an blocked it. O'Neill made him into a decent midfielder and as soon as he started getting interest he more or less off - NOT for Champions League but for money.

Well we wanted him last year, so Villa are not the only "top" club who wanted him (err, Villa = "a top club"?)

O'Neill didn't make Gareth Barry into a decent midfielder. Gareth Barry made Gareth Barry into a decent midfielder. Perhaps Barry feels that this season has really shown O'Neill's limitations (ie: he's good with limited resources, and maximising them, but when he's asked to deliver bigger results, he doesn't know how to sustain the course)?

We have already seen a blueprint for massive investment taking a club to the top of the game. Who's to say that this won't happen to City over the next 2 to 3 years?

Do you know what City's transfer plans are, and what has been revealed to Barry when talking to City (as part of them enticing him to join)?

Hey, to take a leaf out of your book, perhaps Barry feels personally slighted by O'Neill's stripping him of the captaincy (akin to your claims that Rafa "horrendously betrayed" Xabi last summer - hysterical overblown hyperbole notwithstanding)?

You see, its not all as simple as you like to make it out.

And as has been pointed out to you in this thread so far, if Barry wanted to maximise the $$$, then all he needed to do was play out his last year at Villa (look fans, I'm trying my best to make Villa succeed), and then with his "out of contract" status, negotiate a massive signing fee. What can Villa do? Nothing.

Any response to that one?

Didn't think so.

Whereas City have Mark Hughes. Chill.