You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

A thread about a man named Xabi

dave u

What to do?  

239 members have voted

1. 1. What to do?

• Buy Dave House, Gerrard centre mid, go 442.
    • Buy Augero, Gerrard centre mid, stay 4231.
    • Gerrard in the hole, buy centre mid, stay 4231
    • Don’t care, kill Rafa, burn down RBS

Agree with your post Paul; a charter, guidelines as opposed to a set of rules, doesn't seem a bad idea at all. Great to see a teacher coming up with The The Liverpool Way Way too.

Well The The were ace RR as I'm sure you remember being of a similar age to my good self. In fact Infected is one of my all time favourite albums and was a superb observational commentary on Thatcher's Britain.

By the way, I have at times been out of order on here and said things that I regret in the cold light of day, so would encourage caution in wanting people banned. Some of the biggest barm pots on here provoke the biggest reactions and the most intense debate. However after almost 3 years as a forum regular and 12 months of lurking before that, I can see how some people have become irritating to the point of putting others off, and I honestly believe that that is to the detriment of the forum as a whole.

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What about reputation points or warning points - three strikes and you're out. Where 3 mods or more agree peeps get a warning point - 3 points straight away for highly distasteful shit. Maybe Dirk and Paul could draw up some sort of behaviourist programme - there'd have to be a reward system too.

Are we talking Scampy Fries?

What about reputation points or warning points - three strikes and you're out. Where 3 mods or more agree peeps get a warning point - 3 points straight away for highly distasteful shit. Maybe Dirk and Paul could draw up some sort of behaviourist programme - there'd have to be a reward system too.

Thorndike might be able to help you BCP.

"Thorndike's theory consists of three primary laws: (1) law of effect - responses to a situation which are followed by a rewarding state of affairs will be strengthened and become habitual responses to that situation, (2) law of readiness - a series of responses can be chained together to satisfy some goal which will result in annoyance if blocked, and (3) law of exercise - connections become strengthened with practice and weakened when practice is discontinued. A corollary of the law of effect was that responses that reduce the likelihood of achieving a rewarding state (i.e., punishments, failures) will decrease in strength."

http://tip.psychology.org/thorn.html

Dave , why not block registrations with webmail like hotmail/yahoo etc, make it that they must use a ISP/Work address only .That'll at least stop all these arseholes wumming and its relitivly easy to set up

I would be dead against that to be honest.

I use Yahoo and Hotmail addresses to sign up to forums all the time, and if people are dead set on being a jerk, then there's a free email service being set up every week it seems, and it wouldn't be hard for them to find a free email provider that isn't banned. The only people you end up hurting are honest people who use Hotmail or Yahoo as their main email addy.

These forums are nowhere near badly abused enough to start bringing in draconian thngs like that.

Guest molbyscorchio
A clean up is needed, I agree with that. I'm not sure if this is the way to do it though. You've always had a policy when it comes to behavour and freedom of speech, that is a very tolerant one and also respected by many, me included. You are now taking a stand where you say enough is enough. I can respect that policy aswell, as I've seen what's happenig to this forum through the current policy.

I do not think the way is through a "big brother style eviction" -process though. What you need to do is make your new policy clear to everyone on here and make the decisions on who deserves a ban yourself. Run a strict line, stricter in the beginning that after a while, and ban those you think deserves it. If you ban people after a nominationprocess and then a poll, you are risking the credibility of your forum in my opinion. It will be great entertainment, I can see that, but it will also be shortsighted.

Agree 100% with this. The forum would lose all credibility going down the big brother route.

I've been on a few forums when I've had the chance in the past and currently whilst I've had this lay off and to be honest boys and girls, this is the best one I've been on. Every forum has their cunts, but other sites more so than this one IMO. Theres only two, maybe three posters who stick out in my mind as being clowns, saying that the first one isn't really a clown as such, just plain daft.

I don't think this place needs a drastic sort out, all it needs IMO is a way to stop banned users from coming back because thats were the unrest is...And any unrest from a certain poster in future can be sorted by a ban that is permanent, no coming back and thats that...I aint no computer wizz and I've heard it's not that simple due to IP addresses being different or some shit but in this day and age there must be a way....

If there isn't then unfortunately thats the joys of frequenting and owning a public site, you will get cunts...Allsorts of cunts, 5 year old wind up cunts, cunts with Liver problems, hairy cunts, smelly cunts, cunts who aren't really cunts but for some reason want to be cunts over the internet and cunting cunts, who quite simply, are cunts...

I think we need to do something before this forum becomes a complete waste of time.

It used to be possible to come on here after a defeat and have a moan and a bit of decent debate/analysis. Now I just flick through the hundreds of kneejerk posts scapegoating the usual suspects (no matter how they've actually played) and rehashing the latest media slant as if it was the Holy Grail. I then go on the GF if I feel like posting.

To be honest the abusive posters don't bother me that much. The Pennant thread was hilarious as fivetimes finally lost it. The likes of SS are entertaining because they're different.

What drags this place down is the repetitive posting of worthless shite and I'm all for weeding it out.

The changed Rash of the first couple of months of the season was fine, in my opinion. However, there are ominous signs that the perennial wind-up version is in the post. I've lost count of the number of times I've asked Dave to ban him, both on here and by PM. However, in the end, out of respect for Dave and the level of shit he has to take about Rash, I just decided to shut the fuck up and let it all wash over. Happily that coincided with the new improved Rash, but I'm not sure if I can take him going back to his old ways in the midst of a season this depressing.

Isn't the message here that we all need to take responsibility for our posts and try not to be anti-social twats? Just some common courtesy and basic respect for others wouldn't go amiss either. It is possible to disagree with someone without being rude or conceding defeat. One of the things that really sticks in my mind about the early days is the likes of Peter Schulz putting people straight on their posting style without ever coming across as patronising or arsey. We were self-policing. It could be that way again if we just decided that's what we wanted.

I think there should be some sort of TLW charter on posting. Not a set a rules, as such; more like an ethos. The TLW Way, if you like. This place always used to stand for passionate, knowledgeable, witty and intelligent fans who loved to banter about the Reds - regardless of how we were doing. It could be again.

However, I also think it needs some of the old legends to end their self-imposed exiles. The best way to have a great forum is for the leaders to lead. I'm talking DT, Gav, Dave (to a lesser extent), Johnb. I know it's entirely up to them where they post (and I suspect it's access thing with John as much as anything), but when I think of the great days, it's you lot (and Col) that I think of.

So, I suggest we agree an ethos, everyone tries their best to stick with it (or is man enough to "do a Fivetimes" if they don't) and the big guns get posting again.

Paul's whole post sums it up for me but the bit I've highlighted is the crux of the matter. This place could use some new blood but it has to be the right new blood. It's not easy to break into a group like this. TLW has its own conventions and unwritten rules the same as any group. A charter would help the genuine newbie settle in. I don't have a problem with any opinion a genuine Red has. There's a world of difference between "Rafa's team selection/tactics are wrong because...." and "fuck off Rafa".

Edit: Edit: Nah, forget it

I think we need to do something before this forum becomes a complete waste of time.

It used to be possible to come on here after a defeat and have a moan and a bit of decent debate/analysis. Now I just flick through the hundreds of kneejerk posts scapegoating the usual suspects (no matter how they've actually played) and rehashing the latest media slant as if it was the Holy Grail. I then go on the GF if I feel like posting.

To be honest the abusive posters don't bother me that much. The Pennant thread was hilarious as fivetimes finally lost it. The likes of SS are entertaining because they're different.

What drags this place down is the repetitive posting of worthless shite and I'm all for weeding it out.

Spot on

Dave , why not block registrations with webmail like hotmail/yahoo etc, make it that they must use a ISP/Work address only .That'll at least stop all these arseholes wumming and its relitivly easy to set up

That would mean I would be gone cos I dont have a work address. Think again please!