You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

A thread about a man named Xabi

dave u

What to do?  

239 members have voted

1. 1. What to do?

• Buy Dave House, Gerrard centre mid, go 442.
    • Buy Augero, Gerrard centre mid, stay 4231.
    • Gerrard in the hole, buy centre mid, stay 4231
    • Don’t care, kill Rafa, burn down RBS

I can only speak for myself, but I guess we all support Liverpool.

And to be honest I cant see anything positive for the club in the fact the manager has alianated one of the clubs best players (player of the season last season) and because of this he is looking at his options with hopes to play his trade elsewhere next season.

What would make me really happy was if this never had happened, but when I analyze it to see whose fault it is, Rafa is really hard to get past.

You make some valid points but you always ruin it with your anti-rafa campaign. No manager is perfect, but rafa has done a lot more good for this club than he has bad by a country mile.

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You make some valid points but you always ruin it with your anti-rafa campaign. No manager is perfect, but rafa has done a lot more good for this club than he has bad by a country mile.

Rafa has done a lot of good things for the club, but this is not one of them.

I think we need to swap xabi for players rather than take the money. Unless we have players lined up who will come from clubs who have to sell and the players have told the club us or nothing. As teams will force the prices up and we may end up with not enough to start the season with.

However if Torres and Gerrard are fit all season i dont think we will miss xabi as much as even if we are more disjointed and dont control as much those 2 will win most games on their own.

If your boss had been trying to get rid of a you for a year, you'd make arrangements to end up where you wanted to go, rather than wherever your boss wanted to dump you. Alonso would have been a fool not to plan his exit this summer after the farce of last year.

Anyone that thinks Barry was not Alonso's intended replacement is deluded.

I think we need to swap xabi for players rather than take the money. Unless we have players lined up who will come from clubs who have to sell and the players have told the club us or nothing. As teams will force the prices up and we may end up with not enough to start the season with.

I think we could get a better deal by taking some of their players as they are in need of a clear out. But of course it all depends on whether Rafa likes those players but it seems he doesnt.

If your boss had been trying to get rid of a you for a year, you'd make arrangements to end up where you wanted to go, rather than wherever your boss wanted to dump you. Alonso would have been a fool not to plan his exit this summer after the farce of last year.

We were well within our rights to try and offload him last year, and he was within his rights to refuse to move if he didnt wan to. Seems he was quite happy to be going to Juve last year only they didnt rate him that highly. I have no problem with Rafa trying to improve the team by selling under performing players. Rafa only tries to do whats best for LFC.

We were well within our rights to try and offload him last year, and he was within his rights to refuse to move if he didnt wan to. Seems he was quite happy to be going to Juve last year only they didnt rate him that highly. I have no problem with Rafa trying to improve the team by selling under performing players. Rafa only tries to do whats best for LFC.

Unfortunately not all of the time. And that is the undead's problem with the man. The Robbie Keane affair, the years of threatening to quit the club to join Inter or Madrid, the petty internal squabbles - all of which have undermined Liverpool. All of which have been only for his benefit.

Er, I'm not criticising or anything, but how many times has anybody on here seen Skjelbred play? Obviously, there will be some Norwegians here, and I exclude them from that, and other Scandinavians etc, but whenever I see the name of someone who's brilliant on Football Manager, my teenager-radar goes mental. Not alleging anything, obviously, but just wondering.

Veloso, apparently, has gone backwards, and Rafa's never signed anyone with stupid hair, apart from Torres, obviously, and even he's sorted it out. Same goes for Hamsik (who I have seen a couple of times, but has never quite lived up to his billing when I've seen him). A journalist mate of mine in Belgium said Witsel's not as good as everyone says, but reckons Defour'd be a good shout for us. He says he needs to play in a footballing side, so shouldn't go to Everton, who've made two bids for him (I think) already. Standard want 17m euros, which isn't out of the question. He's said he won't take a swap, which is a bit of a shame, because I'd quite like Sneijder...

Unfortunately not all of the time. And that is the undead's problem with the man. The Robbie Keane affair, the years of threatening to quit the club to join Inter or Madrid, the petty internal squabbles - all of which have undermined Liverpool. All of which have been only for his benefit.

The benefit being that he got to do his job? The benefit being that he was allowed to do his job in the same way that Ferguson, Moyes, Wenger, etc, have ben allowed to do for years?

The idea that Rafa was threatening to quit the club for no good reason and was fighting just to suit himself with no benefit to the club is pretty absurd.

The only reason he didn't end up at Juve was because we asked too much for him, rather than him being too slow as has been claimed.

The benefit being that he got to do his job? The benefit being that he was allowed to do his job in the same way that Ferguson, Moyes, Wenger, etc, have ben allowed to do for years?

The idea that Rafa was threatening to quit the club for no good reason and was fighting just to suit himself is pretty absurd.

Is right. Every one of us (with the possible exceptionof code :P) wants the best for LFC. That doesnt mean you would work under conditions you are not happy with. If you feel you are being prevented from doing your job, prevented from doing whats best for the club, being treated badly, of course you are going to be unhappy about it.

The only reason he didn't end up at Juve was because we asked too much for him, rather than him being too slow as has been claimed.

Too much? £18m or so isnt too much for Xabi. I dont think we asked for enough. He didnt end up at Juve because they didnt rate him at higher than £15 and Rafa did. He made noises about being happy to go to Juve at the time.

The idea that Rafa was threatening to quit the club for no good reason and was fighting just to suit himself with no benefit to the club is pretty absurd.[/QUOTE]

Is it? For two consecutive seasons he did as much as the Americans to destabilise Liverpool's efforts. There was a time and a place to conduct his war on the hierarchy. It wasn't mid-season and in the public eye.

Guest Ulysses Everett McGill

Depending on your viewpoint, you could argue that alot of Rafa's agitating was necessary in order to get what he wanted for the club, a means to a end.

Don't get me wrong, I can see the other side of it, it was known he was a prickly, political character when we appointed him, hence his Valencia walkout, saying that, your assuming Moores did as more research on him that did on Hicks and Gillett.

And is it any surprise he's paraniod and has a lust for as much control as he can get, given the politics of the last 2 years?

The idea that Rafa was threatening to quit the club for no good reason and was fighting just to suit himself with no benefit to the club is pretty absurd.[/QUOTE]

Is it? For two consecutive seasons he did as much as the Americans to destabilise Liverpool's efforts. There was a time and a place to conduct his war on the hierarchy. It wasn't mid-season and in the public eye.

So you're saying that Rafa wanted to do a bad job? That he actively wanted to destabilise the club which would have affected results and which the only possible result would have been him being sacked?

Whether or not Rafas efforts during the arguments were constructive (Personally I feel in the fullness of time they were now that Parry is gone) you either feel Rafa was purposely causing shite to not help the club, or he was doing it t benefit the club.

I truly fail to see what benefit it was to him to cause trouble that would hinder the club, thus affecting his own position.

Depending on your viewpoint, you could argue that alot of Rafa's agitating was necessary in order to get what he wanted for the club, a means to a end.

Don't get me wrong, I can see the other side of it, it was known he was a prickly, political character when we appointed him, hence his Valencia walkout, saying that, your assuming Moores did as more research on him that did on Hicks and Gillett.

And is it any surprise he's paraniod and has a lust for as much control as he can get, given the politics of the last 2 years?

The Count certainly concurs. But unfortunately not everything he does is for the good of LFC.

How is your badself by the way, old chap?

So you're saying that Rafa wanted to do a bad job? That he actively wanted to destabilise the club which would have affected results and which the only possible result would have been him being sacked?

Whether or not Rafas efforts during the arguments were constructive (Personally I feel in the fullness of time they were now that Parry is gone) you either feel Rafa was purposely causing shite to not help the club, or he was doing it t benefit the club.

I truly fail to see what benefit it was to him to cause trouble that would hinder the club, thus affecting his own position.

It was of no benefit to him. Or anyone else. But his ego must have what his ego desires.

It was of no benefit to him. Or anyone else. But his ego must have what his ego desires.

I'm certainly not going to argue wth Rafas single mindedness, or his ego. But I do feel that anything he is doing to make his life easier and make his ability to do his job better will only ever benefit us. But I understand your point

I'm certainly not going to argue wth Rafas single mindedness, or his ego. But I do feel that anything he is doing to make his life easier and make his ability to do his job better will only ever benefit us. But I understand your point

And the Count yours, old chap. As with all great men, they are saddled with great egos.

I can only speak for myself, but I guess we all support Liverpool.

And to be honest I cant see anything positive for the club in the fact the manager has alianated one of the clubs best players (player of the season last season) and because of this he is looking at his options with hopes to play his trade elsewhere next season.

What would make me really happy was if this never had happened, but when I analyze it to see whose fault it is, Rafa is really hard to get past.

Guess your a Red?

Your not a Red,Your a Rafa Basher of the highest order and won't rest until Alonso goes, then you and your cronies will wade into Benitez saying the Manager forced him out.

Why don't you act your fuckin age and grow up,your relentless tedious digs at the Manager are becoming mind numbingly boring!!

Word