You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

A thread about a man named Xabi

dave u

What to do?  

239 members have voted

1. 1. What to do?

• Buy Dave House, Gerrard centre mid, go 442.
    • Buy Augero, Gerrard centre mid, stay 4231.
    • Gerrard in the hole, buy centre mid, stay 4231
    • Don’t care, kill Rafa, burn down RBS

The thing is, people like Rash and Momo usually do have some good debates, but both can be cunts from time to time. If Rash and Momo were put up for nomination we know they'd both get banned, and I reckon the forum would lose some identity. What we need to do is get rid of spammers, WUMs and annoying milfs from Malta who cant speak very good English.

Thats exactly how I see it. I don't want Rashid banned, and 'Raddy' has been fine up to now.

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Big Brother on TLW? A marriage made in heaven if ever there was one.

Actually like Kop I'm not too sure if it's the way to go. It would lead to even more ill feeling and negative vibes, maaaaaan, as forumites join in a mob mentality to oust those who get on their collective tits.

A clean up is needed, I agree with that. I'm not sure if this is the way to do it though. You've always had a policy when it comes to behavour and freedom of speech, that is a very tolerant one and also respected by many, me included. You are now taking a stand where you say enough is enough. I can respect that policy aswell, as I've seen what's happenig to this forum through the current policy.

I do not think the way is through a "big brother style eviction" -process though. What you need to do is make your new policy clear to everyone on here and make the decisions on who deserves a ban yourself. Run a strict line, stricter in the beginning that after a while, and ban those you think deserves it. If you ban people after a nominationprocess and then a poll, you are risking the credibility of your forum in my opinion. It will be great entertainment, I can see that, but it will also be shortsighted.

Agree with that completely - whilst I'm all in favour of government by the people, for the people, the truth is that it might well create as many problems as it solves. I might be wrong, but I'm guessing that a forum chock-full of spurious "X, Y and Z should be banned because..." threads would piss most posters off as much as a forum filled with nonsense "Rafa out" threads.

When I join a forum, I accept that that there are agreed standard of behaviour. Given that they're far more relaxed on here than almost any other forum I've frequented, I don't really see that anyone should have any complaints with the site owner deciding that someone should be banned - it's generally accepted practice. Involve others in the decision making process and you may well end up with the great Rashid poll debacle all over again.

Another thing - there needs to be a "common sense test" applied to any banning decisions; for example, look at fivetimes's posts last night. Completely understandable, especially since he was in his cups, but he'd have been banned from loads of forums for those outbursts.

I don't think he should have been banned of course, because I recognise that he's been a long-time contributor to this place and I think everyone's entitled to let off steam at times, but if I was a newbie here and had been drawn into that slanging match last night, I'd have responded in kind and would probably have been banned myself. Considering that when most people first register for a forum, they take their lead on what's acceptable from established members, I'd probably be a bit pissed off about that. Next thing you know, I've re-registered and you've got another Momo on your hands.

You're more than fair when it comes to banning people Dave - off the top of my head, I can think of at least five posters on here who wouldn't have lasted a month on most forums I visit and who would have been punched out of their boots if they behaved in a pub like they do on here. I don't want to see this place turn into Koktalk, but I think there's far more chance of that happening through allowing complete knobbers to keep posting here than there is of it happening through excessive banning and censorship.

The referee's decision is final. Dave - you are the ref.

We need an airhead with big tits, someone with endearing tourettes, a puff, an irish guy, and someone who thinks cheese grows on plants.

Don't know about 'endearing', but practically the whole fucking forum has Tourettes!

Seriously, agree with the idea of a clean up, but it must be to get rid of WUM, and those who just come on and yell abuse at one and all (are they the ones with un-endearing tourettes?). People mustn't just be banned because the majority disagree with what they say. For example, someone could come on and talk about the good old days of Gerrard Houllier, and how Em*le H*skey is a great player that we should re-sign, and most of us would think that he/she/it was a twat. Doesn't mean he/she/it should be banned though.

Some can, some can't. Depends on their ip addresses. If they have a static one, they can be banned permanently.

Dave , why not block registrations with webmail like hotmail/yahoo etc, make it that they must use a ISP/Work address only .That'll at least stop all these arseholes wumming and its relitivly easy to set up

Dave , why not block registrations with webmail like hotmail/yahoo etc, make it that they must use a ISP/Work address only .That'll at least stop all these arseholes wumming and its relitivly easy to set up

We're doing the server move on tuesday, so once everything is moved over and working ok, I'll look at doing something like that.

Not sure about that, it does potentially exclude some of the lesser pc literate users who have always used a certain type of email.

The major chulls seem to get rumbled quickly enough.

Not sure about that, it does potentially exclude some of the lesser pc literate users who have always used a certain type of email.

The major chulls seem to get rumbled quickly enough.

Not heard that one before!

I was lurking in this place long before I signed up, and it has changed a great deal, but I'm not sure anything can be done. We've had this discussion before, and nothing came of it.

The only thing I can think of is a "by invite only" forum, with initially just the "classic" posters in it; but then that's not really in the spirit of TLW either.

The thing is, people like Rash and Momo usually do have some good debates, but both can be cunts from time to time. If Rash and Momo were put up for nomination we know they'd both get banned, and I reckon the forum would lose some identity. What we need to do is get rid of spammers, WUMs and annoying milfs from Malta who cant speak very good English.

Yeah we all know that Rash would definitly go and the forum would lose one of its best posters.He does talk shite at times but this would be a poorer place without him. :sniff:

The changed Rash of the first couple of months of the season was fine, in my opinion. However, there are ominous signs that the perennial wind-up version is in the post. I've lost count of the number of times I've asked Dave to ban him, both on here and by PM. However, in the end, out of respect for Dave and the level of shit he has to take about Rash, I just decided to shut the fuck up and let it all wash over. Happily that coincided with the new improved Rash, but I'm not sure if I can take him going back to his old ways in the midst of a season this depressing.

Isn't the message here that we all need to take responsibility for our posts and try not to be anti-social twats? Just some common courtesy and basic respect for others wouldn't go amiss either. It is possible to disagree with someone without being rude or conceding defeat. One of the things that really sticks in my mind about the early days is the likes of Peter Schulz putting people straight on their posting style without ever coming across as patronising or arsey. We were self-policing. It could be that way again if we just decided that's what we wanted.

I think there should be some sort of TLW charter on posting. Not a set a rules, as such; more like an ethos. The TLW Way, if you like. This place always used to stand for passionate, knowledgeable, witty and intelligent fans who loved to banter about the Reds - regardless of how we were doing. It could be again.

However, I also think it needs some of the old legends to end their self-imposed exiles. The best way to have a great forum is for the leaders to lead. I'm talking DT, Gav, Dave (to a lesser extent), Johnb. I know it's entirely up to them where they post (and I suspect it's access thing with John as much as anything), but when I think of the great days, it's you lot (and Col) that I think of.

So, I suggest we agree an ethos, everyone tries their best to stick with it (or is man enough to "do a Fivetimes" if they don't) and the big guns get posting again.

This place is becoming a joke, a clean up is needed.

It has been suggested to me that we introduce a big brother style eviction process, where the ten biggest douchebags on the forum are selected and eventually voted out one by one until only one is left, and that forumite is allowed to stay.

I'm not entirely convinced by the idea, but it does have some appeal and would be pretty interesting. The format would need some sorting out though.

If enough people want it, I'll do it. If you don't, I won't.

Also, I've just banned attacking_play because several people have asked me to, and because I think he was a WUM.

Personally if I were you Id make the decisons not leave it up to the formites as it might be bad for business, ie if the people being banned support your business by buying the fanzine or making contributions to your site and if 5 of them who were voted off decided to withdraw there contribution it could cost you £50-£100 that you would have to find elsewhere.

If you dont like someone just kickem out

Personally if I were you Id make the decisons not leave it up to the formites as it might be bad for business, ie if the people being banned support your business by buying the fanzine or making contributions to your site and if 5 of them who were voted off decided to withdraw there contribution it could cost you £50-£100 that you would have to find elsewhere.

If you dont like someone just kickem out

Bye then.

* Kidding of course, I love ya Nick, crazy cat that you are.