You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

A thread about a man named Xabi

dave u

What to do?  

239 members have voted

1. 1. What to do?

• Buy Dave House, Gerrard centre mid, go 442.
    • Buy Augero, Gerrard centre mid, stay 4231.
    • Gerrard in the hole, buy centre mid, stay 4231
    • Don’t care, kill Rafa, burn down RBS

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What has that fuckwit done now?

Saying Javier wants to go to Barca, Messi has spoken to him and wants him to go.

Thats two words you didnt need to type.

BTW Xabi has the master Ace to play which will Fuck LFC and Rafa right over but I'll tell everyone what that maste Ace is tomorrow.

ZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Balague: Alonso camp deny handing in transfer request

30 July 2009

Guillem Balague is claiming that Xabi Alonso has not handed in a transfer request.

Credible sources at Anfield insist that the player has handed in a written request but the Spanish football pundit says he's been told differently.

Balague said: "I can only say that this is a very complicated situation and I am hearing conflicting versions of events: the player's entourage are denying that Xabi Alonso has handed in a transfer request; while on the other hand, Liverpool Football Club insists that a transfer request was submitted to the club last night, and it has been suggested that the paperwork was prepared at least a month in advance.

"I am of the opinion that the decision to make this public knowledge represents an attempt to speed up the negotiations while simultaneously making it known that it is the player who wants to leave.

"As has been widely reported, Rafa Benitez had effectively placed a 48 hour deadline on the deal and it is apparent that Liverpool want this matter resolved once and for all, today, so that they can plan for life with, or without, Alonso from tomorrow. However, Real Madrid – or should we say Florentino Perez – may stubbornly refuse to be seen to pressured into reacting to any ultimatum and, furthermore, the Spanish club are encountering difficulties in offloading players to raise funds and free up space in an overloaded squad.

"On the other hand, it is possible that a fee could be agreed today and that Liverpool accept an immediate first instalment with subsequent payments made at a later date covering the total amount.

"The ball has now been placed in Real Madrid's court and it is impossible to second guess what their next move will be. It is evident that at least one party wants the matter resolved today, but whether or not they get their wish remains to be seen."

Balague is clearly only commenting on what he's been told by sources close to Alonso. He's not stating it as fact before people start slating him if it turns out that a request has been handed in.

We believe a request has been handed in and we also believe that Alonso will sign for Real Madrid, something we've maintained all along despite some fans (non-members) initially sticking the boot in on our claims months before they hit the media.

-----------------------------------------------

Is it just me or are we going into meltdown about this?

Balague:

31/07/2009

Alonso Deadline Extended - But Differences Over Valuation Remain

The reports that Xabi Alonso had handed in a transfer request appear to have had the desired effect in acting as a catalyst to the affair, as both Liverpool and Real Madrid have, at least, resumed negotiations...

However, differences over the player`s valuation and the structure of any deal remain the key sticking point.

Real Madrid have pushed for Liverpool to extend their deadline on the deal to Monday in order that the Premier League club take time to consider a new player plus cash offer. Negredo, Van der Vaart or Huntelaar are the Real Madrid players in question, and the respective fee would depend upon whichever player Liverpool are willing to acept. Of the three Madrid players, Negredo would most suit Benitez` need for an additional striker, but Liverpool have always maintained that they have no desire to engage in a player exchange with Real Madrid and that they will only accept a cash payment – and the two sides continue to disagree over that amount as well. Liverpool were yesterday sticking to their €35 million (plus €5 million add-ons) valuation, while Real Madrid are still proposing a €25 million deal.

The matter took another late twist as it emerged last night that at least two other teams - one English and one Italian club, possibly Inter and Manchester City – are expected to make superior offers to Madrid in the coming days.

Benitez` desire to extract the maximum amount of cash from the deal is apparent and wholly understandable: the Liverpool manager has seen his transfer kitty near exhausted following the purchase of Glen Johnson and the renewal of key player contracts at Anfield. The Daily Mail are reporting that Wigan`s Lee Cattermole is a priority, with Liverpool prepared to offer €14 million for the England U21 international; while reports coming out of Italy suggest that another of Benitez` targets, Alberto Aquilani, is already the subject of an €18 million bid from Anfield.

if we can get Citeh involved, Real will meet our price

good times

Not necessarily, as Alonso wants to go back to Spain doesn't he? He could just refuse to talk to City and their bid wouldn't be worth shit. It would be an interesting test of his reasoning though.

its more the hope that it'll make Real worry that they may lose out on the only player they really need over a relatively small amount of money

Hopefully we'll just stick firm and tell Real that the price is the same as it ever was. I still think we should stick to the deadline as well.

Bat Channel news

It is with great regret that I have been made to hand in a transfer request as due the great respect I have for Liverpool FC I would have preferred for my transfer to be conducted with more style and class but unfortunately it has not been possible and the reality of the situation is that now I can never play for Rafa Benitez ever again due to personal reasons which I think are pretty clear to all Liverpool fans. I could continue to play for Liverpool Football Club but not Rafa Benitez. I would like to take this opportunity to thank all the great Liverpool fans who have supported me throughout my career and with them continued success.

I now hope Liverpool FC will now do the decent thing and accede to my wishing and grant my transfer so this sorry mess isn’t dragged through the courts and I am forced into a position of taking Liverpool FC to court for constructive dismissal as this will only force certain issues into the public arena which is not in the interest of Rafa Benitez, Liverpool FC and myself.