You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

A thread about a man named Xabi

dave u

What to do?  

239 members have voted

1. 1. What to do?

• Buy Dave House, Gerrard centre mid, go 442.
    • Buy Augero, Gerrard centre mid, stay 4231.
    • Gerrard in the hole, buy centre mid, stay 4231
    • Don’t care, kill Rafa, burn down RBS

How stupid that man can really be? I mean c'mon 1 SEASON can change a lot (I won't gonna say everything)! And guess what Xabi did improve a lot, so it's like that if u want him pay 30-35Ł million or just shut up and don't moan. This guy really is a cunt, one of a kind!

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Numero Veinticinco

This is the bit that got me:

"If necessary, we'll find the Spanish players we would like for the squad in our youth system."

If it was that easy, you'd have already done it.

Alonso mate, wake up and read between the lines. Your being courted to fill a basic requirement, they dont actually want you and dont want to pay the odds. They dont reckon your a crowd puller or a marketing dream and have come out and said so. Do the right thing and commit to a club that gives a damn otherwise you'll be finding yourself at Real Oviedo next season when they have a clearout!

Real Madrid president Florentino Perez claims he is ready to walk away from deals this summer if asking prices remain high.

Liverpool are reported to want £30million for Spain midfielder Xabi Alonso, substantially above Real's valuation.

Perez insists that despite his club's massive outlay on the likes of Cristiano Ronaldo and Kaka this summer, they will not pay over the odds for any remaining targets.

"Some people obviously thought that because we said we wanted more Spanish players, they could ask for fees which don't correspond to reality," Perez told the Daily Telegraph.

"A year ago, certain players we've asked about would have cost less than half the price we're being quoted now.

"If necessary, we'll find the Spanish players we would like for the squad in our youth system."

Are they retarded, we asked for that amount because we don't want to sell him so why the hell would we give him to them on the cheap and where would we get the idea about Real paying to much for players I wonder. Maybe if they didn't blow their money with ridiculous fees for Ronaldo they could have Xabi.

Marca are saying 48 hour limit, too.

Marca.com

Marca oare Real's mouthpiece - be interesting to know who said it first.

That said - Perez has made himself look a cunt with his comments which are tantamount to saying 'You're shit Xabi, and we only want you to fill a UEFA quota and think you're worth less than some of the players we're trying to get shot of'.

Writings on the wall Alonso, me old son. Ignore the comedy club, stay with the team that gives a shit and whupped the fuckers 5-0 last season home and away rather than go to Placcy central as a bit player.

Real Madrid president Florentino Perez claims he is ready to walk away from deals this summer if asking prices remain high.

Liverpool are reported to want £30million for Spain midfielder Xabi Alonso, substantially above Real's valuation.

Perez insists that despite his club's massive outlay on the likes of Cristiano Ronaldo and Kaka this summer, they will not pay over the odds for any remaining targets.

"Some people obviously thought that because we said we wanted more Spanish players, they could ask for fees which don't correspond to reality," Perez told the Daily Telegraph.

"A year ago, certain players we've asked about would have cost less than half the price we're being quoted now.

Go on then, cunty.

No wingnut.

It's the fact that you have consistently and daily told the world and his dog that Alonso is exactly the player you want to sign.

The club at which he is playing does not want to sell him.

You skewed the transfer market yourselves with your ridiculous fees already spent this summer.

You had the chance to sign him last season for half the fee he is available for now and turned it down.

Being Spanish may be the reason you want to sign him but it has fuck all to do with the fee being quoted.

You know what? You fucked it up. You made your bed, now either fucking lie in it or get a fucking maid who will make it for you as you're fucking useless at it.

:wallbutt:

I think this is being well played by Rafa because 48 hours they can cover it all up and Xabi can focus on playing for football and put out some line like he was interested in going to Real but couldnt bring himself to leave the mighty reds, Most of us will know its a crock of shit but it should be enough for team morale and the fans.

If it goes past 48 hours I think that scenario becomes very difficult indeed.

Just to add Id prefer he was sold as I dont want players who dont want to play for this club, however if Real dont buy him there arent any other takers.

A clear case of them getting frustrated becase we are not bending over for them. If Xabi goes to that shower I will have no sympathy for him when it goes tits up. as much as I like him he can't say he never got any signs that they are a joke of a club.

I think Xabi will now stay because if he really wanted to go he would have handed in a transfer request - Rafa has played a blinder here - lets hope when it is over that the relationship with Xabi improves. Madrid do have a point about Xabi's price last summer but then these things can happen in football, it's a fickle sport.

Rafa has played a blinder here - lets hope when it is over that the relationship with Xabi improves

Yes, an entire summer of fevered speculation, player unrest, gobby agents, Madrid offers, refusals by unsettled players to make any positive statement about staying and rapidly running out of time to get in any replacement should one of Alonso or Masher leave, as seems very possible.

A blinder all right.

Yes, an entire summer of fevered speculation, player unrest, gobby agents, Madrid offers, refusals by unsettled players to make any positive statement about staying and rapidly running out of time to get in any replacement should one of Alonso or Masher leave, as seems very possible.

A blinder all right.

That happens every summer to every club though. The fact is, Madrid haven't been able to get Alonso and Barcelona haven't got Mascherano till this day and don't even look close.

If Rafa manages to keep Alonso and Masch it will be a job well done and i don't see how anyone can say any different. If we had proper owners we would have put the Alonso matter to bed but Rafa knows if we get crazy money then we can improve the team so he has to keep that option open.

It seems Arbeloa and Dossenna are off so there should be some signings soon.

Reds close to winning Xabi Alonso battle: Liverpool FC latest

Jul 28 2009 by David Prentice, Liverpool

REAL MADRID president Florentino Perez claims he is ready to walk away from his summer-long pursuit of Xabi Alonso – because Liverpool won’t play ball!

Reds boss Rafa Benitez has refused to budge from his £30million valuation of the Spanish international.

But that is way above Real’s estimation and Perez insists that despite his club’s massive outlay on the likes of Cristiano Ronaldo and Kaka this summer, they will not pay over the odds for any remaining targets.

“Some people obviously thought that because we said we wanted more Spanish players, they could ask for fees which don’t correspond to reality,” he said.

“A year ago, certain players we’ve asked about would have cost less than half the price we’re being quoted now.

“If necessary, we’ll find the Spanish players we would like for the squad in our youth system.”

Then, in a strong message to Liverpool, Perez added: “We made huge attempts at the start to sign players who had won the Ballon d'Or or the World Footballer of the Year award.

“But the arrivals of Kaka and Cristiano Ronaldo have confused some people who obviously thought that, because we said we wanted more Spanish players, they could ask for fees which don't correspond to reality.”

Perez also suggested any deal for Alonso would be dependent on the club selling a number of their players deemed surplus to requirements.

He continued: “We brought in a lot of players, our prime objectives, at the start and now we have the absurd number of 29 players in our squad, when we can only register 25 for the league.

“It has been more difficult than we expected encouraging players to look at other options. At this point, for a player to arrive, at least one would have to leave.

“There is a financial element to that, but it is mainly a technical one. We cannot have so many players who would not have chance to play. It has to be one in, one out for us at the moment.”

Benitez is adamant he will not lower his asking price, and Alonso’s reluctance to publicly state his desire to quit Anfield has left the Reds holding all the aces during negotiations.

A Liverpool XI, meanwhile, is in action tonight when they face Cambridge United at the R Costings Abbey Stadium (kick-off 7.45pm).

John McMahon will be in charge of the team for a match which marks the first game for new U's boss Martin Ling.

Liverpool Echo.co.uk - Liverpool FC - News - Reds close to winning Xabi Alonso battle: Liverpool FC latest

A blinder all right.

I was going to type a reply out to the above, then I realised that I couldn't be fucking arsed.

Perez will make comments tomorrow how they are still hopeful of getting Alonso - it's been this way all summer.

I hope the deadline is true as it's beyond a joke now. They need to pay up or fuck off.