You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

A thread about a man named Xabi

dave u

What to do?  

239 members have voted

1. 1. What to do?

• Buy Dave House, Gerrard centre mid, go 442.
    • Buy Augero, Gerrard centre mid, stay 4231.
    • Gerrard in the hole, buy centre mid, stay 4231
    • Don’t care, kill Rafa, burn down RBS

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So you advocate a nuclear response, as being wrong on selling Alonso should be met with no tolerance?

What would your judgement be for someone whose opinion was

"I'd sell Alonso, give Lucas his chance, and we also have Gerrard and Plessis that can play there. I'd spend the £15m on an attacking player, that money could have bought as Modric." ?

Who said that?

I'd like to kick them repeatedly in the head for about an hour.

Why do they always try to offload their not good enough players on us, and why can't we just answer in the same manner? "You want Alosno? Ok, but you have to pay £30m initially + £5m for Plessis. That's a good deal, £35m for the pair. Let's make it £40m and you can have Lucas aswell". A childish apporach like that is probably the only way they will learn to stop going all Nunez on our arse again.

"We don’t know what is happening with him. He is now a player with Liverpool, so we will see what will happen in the future. I cannot speak about players who are not at Real Madrid now.", said Manuel Pellegrini, speaking about a player who is not at Real Madrid.

"We don’t know what is happening with him. He is now a player with Liverpool, so we will see what will happen in the future. I cannot speak about players who are not at Real Madrid now.", said Manuel Pellegrini, speaking about a player who is not at Real Madrid.

Fecker hasnt stopped talking about him since he got the job there.

But I will speak about him anyway. I want to hammer those cunts again this season in the Champions League.

Pellegrini will be sacked by Christmas anyway, it's not as if he'd be managing Xabi for any length of time.

I find it astonishing that they are going on this mad spending spree but then have that manager in charge, i also think he will be out pretty soon. Xabi better hope the new boss likes him! We might get him back in jan cut price!

Can someone explain why Xabi wants to leave? I do not understand this at all.

for the money, no because of rafa, because of his missus, no its for the money, no because of rafa, because of his missus, no its for the money, no because of rafa, because of his missus, no its for the money, no because of rafa, because of his missus, no its.....

Pellegrini's a good coach. When the whole Rafa thing was kicking off in March, he was one of the few people I could think of who'd be decent replacements. His Villarreal side were very well-organised, hard to break down and pretty dangerous on the break, and all of it on fairly small resources. His River Plate side were pretty good, too, and quite exciting if I remember correctly.

What's really strange - and this is off topic - is that he seems to be going along with Perez's transfer plans despite that a lot of the players he's signing don't really suit him. Villarreal played a sort of mix between 4-2-3-1 and 4-3-3, yet he's let Perez go out and build a squad with about 400 strikers, all of whom will have to play, plus Raul, who might have to be the left back, at the current rate of progress. If that isn't a lesson to Xabi that he's going to a complete circus, then he'll never learn.

Also, there appears to be something in the water at Real that makes you a bellend.

i quite like real madrid - and for all their problems the galactico era was good to watch. also if they were my club i'd like the way they do business - cast out the rod, flatter a few players and wait for them to ask to leave their club - would be nice if all the "boy hood" liverpool fans out there did the same for us. lets get rafa to go out there compliment a few top players and lets do some digging - or is that not the liverpool way!

Pellegrini's a good coach. When the whole Rafa thing was kicking off in March, he was one of the few people I could think of who'd be decent replacements. His Villarreal side were very well-organised, hard to break down and pretty dangerous on the break, and all of it on fairly small resources. His River Plate side were pretty good, too, and quite exciting if I remember correctly.

What's really strange - and this is off topic - is that he seems to be going along with Perez's transfer plans despite that a lot of the players he's signing don't really suit him. Villarreal played a sort of mix between 4-2-3-1 and 4-3-3, yet he's let Perez go out and build a squad with about 400 strikers, all of whom will have to play, plus Raul, who might have to be the left back, at the current rate of progress. If that isn't a lesson to Xabi that he's going to a complete circus, then he'll never learn.

Also, there appears to be something in the water at Real that makes you a bellend.

I like Pellegrini and think he's a good manager. As soon as Madrid have any poor results though, he'll be under pressure. I'll be amazed if he's there at the end of the season - and this isn't a reflection on his abilities.

Pellegrini will be sacked by Christmas anyway, it's not as if he'd be managing Xabi for any length of time.

He'll be sacked by christmas, Rafa will turn them down for the 15th time (some people do actually turn them down), they will hire Capello for the 15th time, win the league in May and then sack Capello for the 15th time. Then Rafa [...] etc. Welcome to the Real show.

He'll be sacked by christmas, Rafa will turn them down for the 15th time (some people do actually turn them down), they will hire Capello for the 15th time, win the league in May and then sack Capello for the 15th time. Then Rafa [...] etc. Welcome to the Real show.

No, Rafa will go there just to sell Xabi. It's what makes him tick.

Great last sentence!

Del Bosque was an excellent coach but that didn't stop them from sacking him a week after winning the league.

They are a bunch of arrogant cunts.

Not keeping Capello on was amazing too. Turned up twice for two one off years in different eras and won the league both times.

Also after barca's year everyone was talking about madrid as some basket case and people were talking like they had been out in the wilderness, they were defending champions but again the manager ended up leaving!

i quite like real madrid - and for all their problems the galactico era was good to watch. also if they were my club i'd like the way they do business - cast out the rod, flatter a few players and wait for them to ask to leave their club - would be nice if all the "boy hood" liverpool fans out there did the same for us. lets get rafa to go out there compliment a few top players and lets do some digging - or is that not the liverpool way!

I think getting fans in backfires more often than not, they are celebrating in front of the kops in their minds before the ball is in the net, bellamy was awful at snatching at chances whereas at blackburn he was much more calm and collected when through on goal.

Madrid are the masters of tapping up, i think Gerrard does plenty if players are interested or the club wants someone, lots of talk over the years of him keeping in contact with the likes of henry, barry, owen etc.

Not keeping Capello on was amazing too. Turned up twice for two one off years in different eras and won the league both times.

Also after barca's year everyone was talking about madrid as some basket case and people were talking like they had been out in the wilderness, they were defending champions but again the manager ended up leaving!

Indeed. Their arrogance has no limits.

They sacked Del Bosque for not winning the CL but they have done fuck all in the tournament since his departure.

As you say they sacked Capello even after he won the league but what did they achieve last season? They had their arses handed over to them by us in CL and by Barcelona in the league.

If we are playing that game, it actually started when we signed him from Sociedad when Real Madrid didn't want to take a gamble

Then continued when he suffered injury and patchy form....

Not forgetting of course, that Rashid said Xabi should be sold 'along with the dross, Kuyt and Riise' just last February.