You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

A thread about a man named Xabi

dave u

What to do?  

239 members have voted

1. 1. What to do?

• Buy Dave House, Gerrard centre mid, go 442.
    • Buy Augero, Gerrard centre mid, stay 4231.
    • Gerrard in the hole, buy centre mid, stay 4231
    • Don’t care, kill Rafa, burn down RBS

It would pain me to see a class player such as Alonso leave the Club, so if he is to go, then I want to see whoever gets him pay top rate.

I'm fed up of seeing Real snap their fingers and expect other clubs to capitulate and let their players go for whatever Real want to pay for them, and without being pulled up by UEFA for poaching, inducement etc.

Alonso is an employee of LFC, he has a contract, if our Manager thinks he's worth £35M then Real should understand that's what it's going to cost to get him. Alonso should also be aware that is the situation and if he wants to move then he hands a transfer request in or should shut the fuck up and get on with his job.

Benitez may well have been in the wrong over the Barry/Alonso situation, but he's our manager, he made his call and we have to trust his judgement over such dealings.

He gets more right than wrong and, generally, managers who do that are successful.

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

no he is refusing to sell him. He doesnt want to sell him at any price. If he goes it will be because he forced it himself. He is not being forced out. He will only go if we get enough money to make us happy enough to see him go.

no he is refusing to sell him. He doesnt want to sell him at any price. If he goes it will be because he forced it himself. He is not being forced out. He will only go if we get enough money to make us happy enough to see him go.

You are obviously confusing Alonso with Mascherano mate.

Mascherano is the one not for sale.

All players are for sale if enough is offered. Alonso has been asked to stay. He has been asked for a bit of loyalty and told we want him here next year.

Only because Rafa`s masterplan to sign Barry failed.

We may very well face Real Madrid and Barcelona in the late rounds, or even the final, of the CL next season. Looking ahead to that (and other possibilities) they have decided they want two of our key players. They both had the opportunity to sign Alonso and Mascherano at much lower prices five and two years ago. But it was Rafa who signed and developed them and the LFC supporters who built their confidence.

What kind of subservient mentality is it that says if those two teams want our players they should have them at a price they dictate and if the players want to go we should not stand in their way.

Is he really refusing to sell him though?

Or is that just exactly what Rafa wants the masses to believe?

Strange this how a player suddenly aint for sale anymore after Rafa`s target went to City?

Well in this case Rafa had burnt too many bridges and it looks like there are no way back, Rafa`s actions has "forced" Alonso out.

It reminds me of some sad fucker who cheats on his girl and and treats her like dust for years only to come beggin on his knees the day she finally decides she`s had enough of the pathetic prick.

He is not literally throwing her out, but his actions have.

And at last, looking at most posts on here everyone would expect the girl in the story to let the cheating fuck get the car, the house and all of their belongings as well, after all it was she who wanted to leave him.

The only reason Rafa might sit with egg on his face after yet another transfer window is Rafa himself.

For me where you're going so wrong is investing all this emotional attachment into something which is a normal business transaction between employer and employee. It's not a passionate, steamy love affair where one party has fallen out of love with the other and is casting glances at their best friends daughter. It's someone who is contracted to work for a company and thinks it's time for a change along with an increase in salary. You're clearly living in some kind of fantasy land and probably need to get out of your bedroom more.

Still not being forced out though is he.

Do you have a wife, girl?

If you do and you found out she cheated on you, would you leave her?

If you did, she did not force you out did she, even if in reality she did?

There are being forced and there are being "forced".

Do you have a wife, girl?

If you do and you found out she cheated on you, would you leave her?

If you did, she did not force you out did she, even if in reality she did?

There are being forced and there are being "forced".

Although it softens the blow if your wife is paying you £70k a week or whatever Xabi is on.

Only because Rafa`s masterplan to sign Barry failed.

If Rafa had his way we would have had Barry for one year by now playing alongside Alonso. I think Rafa always knew that Alonso's commitment was dicey. Torres has described Alonso as a "bit of a hermit" and he doesn't know what he thinks.

It would have been good team-building to have developed Barry as an insurance against the possibility of Alonso being injured, losing form again or wanting to leave - as well as for rotation.

As it is, thanks to what Toxeth Terrier describes as a "brilliant decision" by the Board i.e. by Parry and GH and GG, Rafa was not allowed to have Barry last year. As a result we may find ourselves scrambling for a replacement for Alonso . Hopefully, after the improvements to Rafa's contract, his plans won't be messed about by "brilliant" amateurs on the board ever again.

All players are for sale if enough is offered. Alonso has been asked to stay. He has been asked for a bit of loyalty and told we want him here next year.

Not all players are for sale really - even if lot of money is offered. If this was the case, City and Madrid would have offered us huge amount of money for Gerrard. They didn't because they knew he is "not for sale".

I don't know how you can say (what you said in a few posts that Rafa doesn't want to sell Xabi) for certain. Rafa did try to sell him last season and he said this summer that "he has a price". He then clearly said Mascherano and Torres doesn't have a price. This tells me that he was (and probably still is) willing to sell Alonso - certainly at least before Barry's transfer to City.

I don't know if this is the sole reason why Alonso wants to leave (as Code says) but to me, this might be "one" of the reasons for him wanting to go. Personally, I think this is just one of the reasons - the main reason being it is Madrid who wants him and also the fact that he is moving back to Spain.

I have some sympathy for Code's point of view but it doesnt matter who is right or who is wrong Xabi doesnt want to play for us anymore surely that is the end of it. its now about as getting as much money for him as possible and moving on.

Getting your knickers in a twist over it aint going to change the reality of the position that Liverpool FC find themselves in.

Is he really refusing to sell him though?

Or is that just exactly what Rafa wants the masses to believe?

Strange this how a player suddenly aint for sale anymore after Rafa`s target went to City?

Well in this case Rafa had burnt too many bridges and it looks like there are no way back, Rafa`s actions has "forced" Alonso out.

It reminds me of some sad fucker who cheats on his girl and and treats her like dust for years only to come beggin on his knees the day she finally decides she`s had enough of the pathetic prick.

He is not literally throwing her out, but his actions have.

And at last, looking at most posts on here everyone would expect the girl in the story to let the cheating fuck get the car, the house and all of their belongings as well, after all it was she who wanted to leave him.

The only reason Rafa might sit with egg on his face after yet another transfer window is Rafa himself.

Stop eating out of Xabi's arse and accept he himself is not perfect in all of this.

Code is spot on.

You might not like it, but that's the truth.

YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH!

jacktruth.jpg

Who's to blame doesn't really matter now. What natters now is we get as much money as possible, as soon as possible, so we can aget on with our repective lives; xabi and us.

It'll be done by next Friday for £30m. We should do a vbookie thing on it actually...