You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

A thread about a man named Xabi

dave u

What to do?  

239 members have voted

1. 1. What to do?

• Buy Dave House, Gerrard centre mid, go 442.
    • Buy Augero, Gerrard centre mid, stay 4231.
    • Gerrard in the hole, buy centre mid, stay 4231
    • Don’t care, kill Rafa, burn down RBS

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I fully expect this to be resolved to the stage where Xabi can or cannot play for the club again within the next 5 days.

I won't hold my breath on that.

Liverpool FC’s Xabi Alonso will have to ask for a move to Real Madrid

XABI ALONSO will have to go public in his bid to quit Liverpool as Rafael Benitez prepares to play hardball with Real Madrid over the midfielder’s future.

Alonso has informed the Anfield manager of his desire to move to the Bernabeu, but significantly stopped short of submitting a formal transfer request.

Liverpool have previously warned Real off making a bid for the 27-year-old, who still has three years of his contract left to run.

But Alonso may be compelled to force the issue by handing in an official transfer request, although the Spanish midfielder is reluctant to do so and remains hopeful his future can be resolved without such measures.

Nevertheless, Real and Liverpool appear way off an agreement in their valuation of the Spain international.

Having already seen Real splash out exorbitant amounts on capturing Cristiano Ronaldo and Kaka this summer, Liverpool refuse to be short-changed over a player who has been courted by the Bernabeu outfit for months.

Real do not want to spend more than £27million but Benitez is adamant the La Liga side cough up somewhere in the region of £35m.

Alonso is due to travel to Vienna on Sunday, along with the rest of Liverpool’s Spanish contingent, to join up with the rest of the squad heading from the Austrian capital to the Far East for two matches against Thailand and Singapore.

But the Spaniard has set his sights on his future being sorted out before the weekend.

With Alonso heading for the exit, Benitez is ready to redouble his efforts to persuade Argentinian Javier Mascherano to stay at Anfield.

The Liverpool manager intimated towards the end of last season that the Argentina captain would be given a new contract this summer, and that is now a matter of urgency for Benitez with Barcelona having turned the player’s head with talk of a move during the transfer window.

Liverpool Daily Post.co.uk - Liverpool FC - Liverpool FC News - Liverpool FC’s Xabi Alonso will have to ask for a move to Real Madrid

Liverpool FC’s Xabi Alonso will have to ask for a move to Real Madrid

XABI ALONSO will have to go public in his bid to quit Liverpool as Rafael Benitez prepares to play hardball with Real Madrid over the midfielder’s future.

Alonso has informed the Anfield manager of his desire to move to the Bernabeu, but significantly stopped short of submitting a formal transfer request.

Liverpool have previously warned Real off making a bid for the 27-year-old, who still has three years of his contract left to run.

But Alonso may be compelled to force the issue by handing in an official transfer request, although the Spanish midfielder is reluctant to do so and remains hopeful his future can be resolved without such measures.

Nevertheless, Real and Liverpool appear way off an agreement in their valuation of the Spain international.

Having already seen Real splash out exorbitant amounts on capturing Cristiano Ronaldo and Kaka this summer, Liverpool refuse to be short-changed over a player who has been courted by the Bernabeu outfit for months.

Real do not want to spend more than £27million but Benitez is adamant the La Liga side cough up somewhere in the region of £35m.

Alonso is due to travel to Vienna on Sunday, along with the rest of Liverpool’s Spanish contingent, to join up with the rest of the squad heading from the Austrian capital to the Far East for two matches against Thailand and Singapore.

But the Spaniard has set his sights on his future being sorted out before the weekend.

With Alonso heading for the exit, Benitez is ready to redouble his efforts to persuade Argentinian Javier Mascherano to stay at Anfield.

The Liverpool manager intimated towards the end of last season that the Argentina captain would be given a new contract this summer, and that is now a matter of urgency for Benitez with Barcelona having turned the player’s head with talk of a move during the transfer window.

I find the whole 'want to leave but won't hand in a transfer request' business totally absurd. That shit's got to end! I hope the club makes that clear in future contracts with new players.

It includes National Insurance which used to only apply to a certain level.

"Less anticipated though was the clawback of the personal allowance for higher earners, which will see some taxpayers effectively paying paying 60p in the £1, according to leading accountants. These changes will not just affect the 1pc of taxpayers earning more than £150,000 a year. It will potentially affect 650,000 people earning more than £100,000 a year. To further rub salt into the wound these higher earners will also pay an additional 1pc in National Insurance costs, giving an effective taxation rate of 61pc - a rate not seen since the late 1980s."

For a start, that is the marginal tax rate and not the average tax rate. The people who will be paying the marginal rate 61p in the pound are the ones somewhere around the £150k per annum mark I believe as it is to do with people losing their personal allowance as well as increased National Insurance. The amount that Xabi earns, he won't even notice the difference. There is still an upper limit to National Insurance which is in line with where the higher rate of tax starts (around £45k pa), above this National Insurance contribution is 1%, increasing to 1.5% from 2011. As Xabi earns the £150k in a couple of weeks, he will not be paying the 61% marginal rate of tax, but 51.5% (from 2011, 51% at the mo). So the difference between the Spanish tax rate and the UK tax rate then becomes more like 7%.

And yes, the exchange has made a difference, however the Pound has been strengthening compared to the Euro, a trend which is likely to continue as the global economy improves, which I am sure he would be told be the expensive financial advisors he can afford. Prior to the financial crisis, I think it was around €1.25 to the Pound, it is now around $1.15, not such a huge difference again.

And stop banging on about Pennant getting paid more, Pennant was a free signing, so I am sure that the lack of a transfer fee has been reflected in his wages.

Why wont he hand in a transfer request if he wants to go??

Because he'd forfeit some sort of bonus payment if he did. It's as if a player leaves under any other circumstance than by transfer request, it should formally be considered against the player's will, hence the player's got a 'loyality bonus' coming.

Money...all about money. Doesn't want to lose his loyalty bonus. I don't see why you get a loyalty bonus anyway. He wants to leave but without officially asking for it. Rafa should make him put it in writing otherwise he has to keep his ass here.

Because in reality he has been "forced" out by Rafa`s actions constantly undermining him, and why on earth should Alonso lose money as well in such a process along with having to move away from the club.

I just cant understand why this is so difficult to understand for people.

Let me ask you this, why do you think Rafa is so insistant on Alonso being the one to put in a transfer request now after he has lost out on Barry?

I find the whole 'want to leave but won't hand in a transfer request' business totally absurd. That shit's got to end! I hope the club makes that clear in future contracts with new players.

Yep, any player that tells the club they want to go, that right there should officially be a transfer request.

But what really pisses me off is players trying to paint it up as being loyal, and out of respect for the club. Taking the fucking piss they are. Expected a bit more class and dignity from Xabi tbh.

Because in reality he has been "forced" out by Rafa`s actions constantly undermining him, and why on earth should Alonso lose money as well in such a process along with having to move away from the club.

Let me ask you this, why do you think Rafa is so insistant on Alonso being the one to put in a transfer request now after he has lost out on Barry?

Probably because he is fed being blame for a player wanting to play for MADRID, so wants him to come out at say so.

Or do you think that if Madrid falls through Xabi will be on his way to City?

This thread is really trying it's hardest to catch up to the Transfer Speculation thread for post count. Unreal.

Nothing to do with him wanting to go back to his home country after spending years here then is it? Nope. All Rafa's fault.

How is he being forced out when Rafa has asked him to stay. And i think Rafa is insisting on a tranfer request because HE DOESNT WANT HIM TO GO.

If Alonso was badly injured he would expect LFC to be loyal to his contract and pay his wages in full for another three years as well as all the costs of his rehabilitation. The same would be true if he lost form again and was left out of the first team. He was very happy to sign that 5-year contract.

He owes loyalty to LFC and the arguments that he "deserves" to leave two years into the contract doesn't wash.

At the very least he should forego his loyalty bonus.

If Alonso was badly injured he would expect LFC to be loyal to his contract and pay his wages in full for another three years as well as all the costs of his rehabilitation. The same would be true if he lost form again and was left out of the first team. He was very happy to sign that 5-year contract.

He owes loyalty to LFC and the arguments that he "deserves" to leave two years into the contract doesn't wash.

At the very least he should forego his loyalty bonus.

All hail the Voice of reason!

Yep, Rafa is forcing him out by refusing to sell him Code. Keep dreaming.

Is he really refusing to sell him though?

Or is that just exactly what Rafa wants the masses to believe?

Strange this how a player suddenly aint for sale anymore after Rafa`s target went to City?

Well in this case Rafa had burnt too many bridges and it looks like there are no way back, Rafa`s actions has "forced" Alonso out.

It reminds me of some sad fucker who cheats on his girl and and treats her like dust for years only to come beggin on his knees the day she finally decides she`s had enough of the pathetic prick.

He is not literally throwing her out, but his actions have.

And at last, looking at most posts on here everyone would expect the girl in the story to let the cheating fuck get the car, the house and all of their belongings as well, after all it was she who wanted to leave him.

The only reason Rafa might sit with egg on his face after yet another transfer window is Rafa himself.