You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

A thread about a man named Xabi

dave u

What to do?  

239 members have voted

1. 1. What to do?

• Buy Dave House, Gerrard centre mid, go 442.
    • Buy Augero, Gerrard centre mid, stay 4231.
    • Gerrard in the hole, buy centre mid, stay 4231
    • Don’t care, kill Rafa, burn down RBS

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Id like Rafa to come out now with a attack on the gobshite that is Valdano and say they are trying to get Xabi on the cheap and that they mustn't rate him after splashing ridiculous amounts elsewhere while at the same time saying he isn't for sale anyway.

Yeah i would too. Time to show Real for the cunts that they are.

Also think the sound of Silence from us is a very good thing, its means Rafa is not worried has everything under control and its Real doing all the talking through the press. I think the penny might have dropped with Real that they will have to actually try and speak to LFC about the player rather than Ballague, AS or Marca.

The other alternative for Real is to do nothing until Xabi returns and see how much he wants to join Real. If I was Real this is the approach that I would adopt.

Guest Ulysses Everett McGill
He wont do that though, not in public, he'd do it to another club but not Real

If there was any club he'd do it to, it would be Real

Oh and just to show up the hypocrisy of that shower of cunts, whilst on one hand moaning about the value of Xabi, they go and stick a €1,000,000,000 clause in Ronaldo's contract

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/liverpool-f...00252-24113487/

LIVERPOOL’S hopes of holding on to Xabi Alonso have been raised after Real Madrid made a move for Italian international midfielder Daniele De Rossi.

The Spanish giants have become increasingly frustrated in their ongoing bid to make Alonso their latest big money acquisition as Liverpool’s resolve to hold on to their midfield playmaker has not weakened.

Rafa Benitez has repeatedly made it clear that the 27-year-old is not for sale despite Real’s remorseless public campaign – and the Reds boss is yet to show any sign he is ready to change stance.

Sources in Spain today indicated that Real are “fed up” with Benitez’s refusal to bow to the demands of his former club by caving in and allowing Alonso to leave Anfield.

In the face of such resistance Real are now examining their options and are ready to test the water to see if AS Roma’s desire to hold on to De Rossi is as strong as Liverpool’s determination to retain Alonso’s services.

Newly installed Real president Fiorentino Perez has already snared Ronaldo, Kaka, Karim Benzema and Raul Albiol in a spending spree which has made world football sit up and take notice of the outlandish goings on at the Bernabeu but he is finding Liverpool a much tougher nut to crack than the other top clubs he has raided.

The growing feeling at Anfield is that unless Real make an incredible offer for Alonso that would allow them to go on a spree of their own, the Reds would be better off keeping hold of the Spanish international even if doing so reduces their own ability to make a massive splash in the transfer market.

Real sporting director Jorge Valdano has again spoken about the issue, admitting that a move for Alonso is now “further away” than ever – a revelation which will be music to the ears of the former Real Sociedad man’s legion of Anfield fans.

So they spend around £180m on 3 players and when it comes to bidding for a finest midfield player, a CL and Euro cup winner, they talk about "budget". They then go ahead and give 1 million interviews to the media, without actually speak to LFC first and now they are "fed up".

Fuck me. Who the fuck they think they are. Cunts.

Go on Rafa - stick your middle finger at them. I wish Rafa would come out and say "They can have Xabi if they pay £50m. The price is £35m for any other club but for Real it is £50m" and watch their heads explode in anger.

So they spend around £180m on 3 players and when it comes to bidding for a finest midfield player, a CL and Euro cup winner, they talk about "budget". They then go ahead and give 1 million interviews to the media, without actually speak to LFC first and now they are "fed up".

They're negotiating. Why are you so offended?

Isn't it better they don't stump up what we are asking and we get to keep our player?

It would be a tough job replacing Xabi, so I am happy with Madrid's stance.

Go on Rafa - stick your middle finger at them. I wish Rafa would come out and say "They can have Xabi if they pay £50m. The price is £35m for any other club but for Real it is £50m" and watch their heads explode in anger.

Just about sums them up really.

They're negotiating. Why are you so offended?

Isn't it better they don't stump up what we are asking and we get to keep our player?

It would be a tough job replacing Xabi, so I am happy with Madrid's stance.

I'm not offended. I just hate those cunts and their circus.

Negotiating? With who? Marca? Or Rafael Benitez?

It really is simple isn't? Pay the money if they want Xabi or shut the fuck up. I hated when the Barry saga was going on and on and on last year.

You say you are happy with Madrid's stance - well, I'm not. What they are trying to do is unsettle the player (if he is not unsettled already) so they could get him on the cheap. What if we lose him during the last week of the transfer window? We will have £30m or whatever (well, they will probably pay this over 10 years the cunts) but we will have to rely on Lucas or some Nunez type player they will throw to us.

We should set the price and a deadline - if they can meet that and if the player wants to move, do the deal. Otherwise shut the fuck up and go and buy De Rossi or whoever fits their "budget".

Arrogant cunts.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/liverpool-f...00252-24113487/

LIVERPOOL’S hopes of holding on to Xabi Alonso have been raised after Real Madrid made a move for Italian international midfielder Daniele De Rossi.

The Spanish giants have become increasingly frustrated in their ongoing bid to make Alonso their latest big money acquisition as Liverpool’s resolve to hold on to their midfield playmaker has not weakened.

Rafa Benitez has repeatedly made it clear that the 27-year-old is not for sale despite Real’s remorseless public campaign – and the Reds boss is yet to show any sign he is ready to change stance.

Sources in Spain today indicated that Real are “fed up” with Benitez’s refusal to bow to the demands of his former club by caving in and allowing Alonso to leave Anfield.

In the face of such resistance Real are now examining their options and are ready to test the water to see if AS Roma’s desire to hold on to De Rossi is as strong as Liverpool’s determination to retain Alonso’s services.

Newly installed Real president Fiorentino Perez has already snared Ronaldo, Kaka, Karim Benzema and Raul Albiol in a spending spree which has made world football sit up and take notice of the outlandish goings on at the Bernabeu but he is finding Liverpool a much tougher nut to crack than the other top clubs he has raided.

The growing feeling at Anfield is that unless Real make an incredible offer for Alonso that would allow them to go on a spree of their own, the Reds would be better off keeping hold of the Spanish international even if doing so reduces their own ability to make a massive splash in the transfer market.

Real sporting director Jorge Valdano has again spoken about the issue, admitting that a move for Alonso is now “further away” than ever – a revelation which will be music to the ears of the former Real Sociedad man’s legion of Anfield fans.

Its just a negotiating tactic to try and force Liverpool's hand but probably more likely to force Xabi into doing something to help Real get him cheaper. Liverpool have shown very strong resolve in this matter so maybe by doing this Real are saying to Xabi if you want to join us you need to do something about it, if you dont you can stay at Liverpool.

Just one of many possible scenarios

I'm not offended. I just hate those cunts and their circus.

Negotiating? With who? Marca? Or Rafael Benitez?

It really is simple isn't? Pay the money if they want Xabi or shut the fuck up. I hated when the Barry saga was going on and on and on last year.

You say you are happy with Madrid's stance - well, I'm not. What they are trying to do is unsettle the player (if he is not unsettled already) so they could get him on the cheap. What if we lose him during the last day of the transfer window? We will have £30m or whatever (well, they will probably pay this over 10 years the cunts) but we will have to rely on Lucas or some Nunez type player they will throw to us.

We should set the price and a deadline - if they can meet that and if the player wants to move, do the deal. Otherwise shut the fuck up and go and buy De Rossi or whoever fits their "budget".

Arrogant cunts.

It seems as though their antics are standard practice in the art of football transfers right now.

As you say, we weren't exactly subtle in our pursuit of Gareth Barry last year. Unsettling him to the point he slagged his manager off in the press.

I don't particularly like the way Madrid go about their business, using a mouthpiece in Marca and all, but that's just the way it goes.

I agree with you re the price and deadline. It would put this saga to bed one way or another.

I dont think I have ever seen Rafa do that with Real and he should do but to be fair this is the only situation where someone wants our player and we officially want to keep him. Only Chelsea and Gerrad is similar in my book

It seems as though their antics are standard practice in the art of football transfers right now.

As you say, we weren't exactly subtle in our pursuit of Gareth Barry last year. Unsettling him to the point he slagged his manager off in the press.

I don't particularly like the way Madrid go about their business, using a mouthpiece in Marca and all, but that's just the way it goes.

I agree with you re the price and deadline. It would put this saga to bed one way or another.

As I said, I hated the Barry saga myself and I would partly blame Rafa for that.

However, Madrid do that with every single player they want to buy. United stood strong with Ronaldo last year and now they received a very good price for him. I see Madrid wasted no time in getting Ronaldo, Kaka and Benzema. And now they want to play games with us and fuck us from behind just like they did with Owen. Owen was a cock and we were not in a good position to bargain. I don't think Alonso will be a cock like Owen but even if tries that, we should say fuck off. He has 3 more years of contract to run and we should make sure Madrid puts the money where the mouth is.

If they can't, they can get to fuck and buy whoever from whichever club they can screw around with.

Real: 20m for Alonso.

Rafa: no

Real: 20m for Alonso?

Rafa: Nnnnnnnnn Ohwwwwww

Real: will you take 20m for Alonso?

Rafa: Nyuppp

Real: We are getting really fed up now, 20m for Alonso, take it or leave it.

Rafa: Fuck off.

The end.

Time to issue these Rafa...

handsof-1.jpg

As I said, I hated the Barry saga myself and I would partly blame Rafa for that.

However, Madrid do that with every single player they want to buy. United stood strong with Ronaldo last year and now they received a very good price for him. I see Madrid wasted no time in getting Ronaldo, Kaka and Benzema. And now they want to play games with us and fuck us from behind just like they did with Owen. Owen was a cock and we were not in a good position to bargain. I don't think Alonso will be a cock like Owen but even if tries that, we should say fuck off. He has 3 more years of contract to run and we should make sure Madrid puts the money where the mouth is.

If they can't, they can get to fuck and buy whoever from whichever club they can screw around with.

Madrid were chasing Ronaldo for 3 seasons. They wasted a lot of time unsettling him.

I am not sure where you get the idea that Madrid are fucking us round in a different manner to the other clubs.

As someone said the other day; Kaka and Ronaldo are glamour signings and Madrid will recoup a lot of marketing dollars worldwide on those two, hence their eagerness to play ball with the clubs they were negotiating with. Alonso is different, hence their reluctance to pay top dollar.

Ultimately I think they will walk away this summer with regard to Alonso. But, they will probably be back at some point as their fans are keen for local players in the side.

Madrid were chasing Ronaldo for 3 seasons. They wasted a lot of time unsettling him.

I am not sure where you get the idea that Madrid are fucking us round in a different manner to the other clubs.

As someone said the other day; Kaka and Ronaldo are glamour signings and Madrid will recoup a lot of marketing dollars worldwide on those two, hence their eagerness to play ball with the clubs they were negotiating with. Alonso is different, hence their reluctance to pay top dollar.

Ultimately I think they will walk away this summer with regard to Alonso. But, they will probably be back at some point as their fans are keen for local players in the side.

Yes. Madrid chased Ronaldo for 3 seasons and "unsettled" him. But they couldn't unsettle Manchester United. Hence the price of £80m.

Whether they can recoup anything for Xabi or not is their fucking problem. LFC doesn't exist to get fucked about. As I said, it is simple - pay the money or shut the fuck up. If they want to negotiate they know who they should talk with and those people don't work for fucking Marca.

Yes, Madrid does this with every player and with every club in the world but I don't care about other players and other clubs.

Mate, I'm not arguing with you. I'm just saying we shouldn't bend over and take it up our arse just because those cunts want one of our players. Pay up or shut up should be our attitude. At least I hope we show that attitude.

Mate, I'm not arguing with you. I'm just saying we shouldn't bend over and take it up our arse just because those cunts want one of our players. Pay up or shut up should be our attitude. At least I hope we show that attitude.

For sure. But, as far as I can tell, we are not bending over.

Until we actually do sell Alonso, this is business as usual in the transfer market and much press ado about nothing.

I agree with the general premise of what you are saying but we really have no idea what is going on and probably won't do until the transfer window shuts.

Guest Ulysses Everett McGill
Rafael Benitez

"I do not think Alonso or Mascherano will go. It is clear that they both are under contract with long-term agreements. That is it.

"There has been a lot of things written, a lot of rumours, but both players are under contract and we have no more need to talk about things.

"They are both very good players and I will be very pleased to keep them. They both have very good contracts.

"We signed them both from different situations. Alonso was coming from Real Sociedad and nobody had really heard much of him outside of Spain, he did well and we renewed his contract because of that.

"Mascherano came from West Ham where he had not been doing well. We brought him here and gave him a good contract, so we are very pleased with them both and that Liverpool has been very good to them."