You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

A thread about a man named Xabi

dave u

What to do?  

239 members have voted

1. 1. What to do?

• Buy Dave House, Gerrard centre mid, go 442.
    • Buy Augero, Gerrard centre mid, stay 4231.
    • Gerrard in the hole, buy centre mid, stay 4231
    • Don’t care, kill Rafa, burn down RBS

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

(IF TRUE) It means Rafa is encouraging them to make an offer rather than saying "Not for Sale at any price".

You could say that, but isnt this just a case of Barcalonas media mouthpiece just spouting shite ? There is no way on this earth that we would let Mascherano go for 17m would we. Come on.

90% of this media hype around Xabi and Masch is coming from Spain and they are just making it up in terms of figures. With both on long term contracts we have no need to sell, its clearly a sellers market, therefore figures in excess of 30m pounds sterling are needed for us to even bother replying.

And if i was Rafa Id wouldnt sell either of them, no matter who I had lined up.

That we're going to sell Mascherano, who we paid 18 million for, for 17 million?

I think it's a bit of a stretch, yes. Although there was always some uncertainty about how much of a fee we actually paid and how little he earns. I'm sure some helpful people will be along to offer various contradictory facts they heard off a rock-solid source that works in Rafa's filing cabinet any second now.

If either Alonso or Mascherano want to go then I'd thank them, wish them well and try and get as much money as we can for them. If Masch's misses can't settle then fair enough, let him go to Spain with our best wishes. He's worth much more than £17m though.

If Barca are in for him then I'd ask them for Busquets in return, even if it's just a loan deal for a season or 2.

Translated and summarised it says that the price of 20 million euros is just an opening offer to get negotiations underway and it follows on meetings three weeks ago between Masch's agent and Barca. It says that Rafa gave "permission" for the bid. The fact they put the word "permission" in quotes suggests that even they know they are stretching the use of the word.

In its entirety the piece is no more serious than something from the Mail.

If Barca are in for him then I'd ask them for Busquets in return, even if it's just a loan deal for a season or 2.

Cunning plan. Sell them our best defensive midfielder and in return we devolp a young, unproven player of their's into a top player in a couple of years and give him back to them for free.

Cunning plan. Sell them our best defensive midfielder and in return we devolp a young, unproven player of their's into a top player in a couple of years and give him back to them for free.

I thought so.

I, of course, meant that we'd ask for Busquets as well as a big fat transfer fee.

Not sure how it works, but could we also insist the both Barca and Real step aside and let us bid for Silva?

Might be worth it, get them two out of the picture.

Get Silva. Lose Masher and possibly Alonso.

Aces.

Who would you suggest we play in central midfield?

If either Alonso or Mascherano want to go then I'd thank them, wish them well and try and get as much money as we can for them. If Masch's misses can't settle then fair enough, let him go to Spain with our best wishes. He's worth much more than £17m though.

Fuck that i'd make them both stay and tell masch to learn to control his wife. As much as i hate the mancs at least vidic has the right attitude towards his wife. They both have 3 years left on their contract so won't lose any value by staying an additional year which will give us time to find a suitable replacement.

Get Silva. Lose Masher and possibly Alonso.

Aces.

Who would you suggest we play in central midfield?

Tom Huddlestone of course!

Alongside Scott Parker, with Patrick fucking Vieira as cover!

Fuck that i'd make them both stay and tell masch to learn to control his wife. As much as i hate the mancs at least vidic has the right attitude towards his wife. They both have 3 years left on their contract so won't lose any value by staying an additional year which will give us time to find a suitable replacement.

The wrong attitude, surely?

As much as we supporters might think differently, family really should come first.

As much as we supporters might think differently, family really should come first.

I quite agree and so should any self-respecting family when considering the career of a footballer against feeling a little homesick for a year or two.

But to be honest I rarely believe that when I hear it anyway. I think it's just agent talk for "I can smell money".

I doubt any top footballers wife gets truly unsettled these days. They live a life of luxury that we can only dream of, even in run down Woolton village, and most are used to travelling around and supporting their husband's career needs.

Obviously there's exceptions who demand better weather and shopping, but usually it's just a good escape clause for better money or a move elswhere.

i truely believe this is xabi's way of asking for a raise in wages as it was only in the last couple of weeks that he was commenting on the streaght of the euro to th epound and the adverse effect it was having on his wages. while he hasn't come out and stated that he wants to stay he hasn't said that he wants to leave either. every story i read about this subject it always seems that xabi's happy at liverpool but he seems to stop short of sayin he wants to stay.

once he speaks to rafa i think you'll see him come out and state his desire to stay with the club (allbeit with an increased wage package to follow shortly). i am more worried about the masch situ

The wrong attitude, surely?

For the amount of money they are earning i don't see how she can complain. All i'm saying is that vidic said his wife didn't like the lifestyle in manchester but he told he aint going and too right as well. I'm sure she'll manage fine, just give her another credit card and i'm sure she'll get over it. Just saying that masch should man up a bit unless its all just bullshit so he can engineer a move to barca.

i'm not worried about either. if they were going it has to be done in the next 7 days, there's not a hope we will sell late in the window with nothing lined up.

I think it's great that the spanish press are making up bollocks because there's nothing concrete and the longer it stays like that the likelyhood is nothing is happening.