You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

A thread about a man named Xabi

dave u

What to do?  

239 members have voted

1. 1. What to do?

• Buy Dave House, Gerrard centre mid, go 442.
    • Buy Augero, Gerrard centre mid, stay 4231.
    • Gerrard in the hole, buy centre mid, stay 4231
    • Don’t care, kill Rafa, burn down RBS

It wasn't called Moggiopoli for nothing was it.

2006 Italian Football Scandal

The only facts we can show after the Calciopoli are these.

1. Moratti owned the tele company who tapped the phone calls.

2. The head investigator became President of the same company after the other clubs had been punished.

Was there any evidence of actually bribes?

No, could it be that people were trying to even the field getting referees they knew would be neutral and not in Morattis pockets like those investigating and setting up the calciopoli?

Lost phone calls?

Where are the phone calls from Inter and other clubs who called and asked the same questions according to Pierluigi Pairetto, the FIGC official in charge of assigning referees to Serie A games.

Some people might think Inters involvement in this "scandal " is all rosy, those who actually read about it and followed it at the time will know differently.

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here you go Dicko.... I didn't realise we were going back 70 years to try and back Rafa now but I've tried to explain the 5 year theory and have said that MOST managers win it within 5 years unless they inherit 2nd division teams.

Busby - 7 years - Manchester United were runners-up in the league in 1947, 1948, 1949 and 1951, and won the FA Cup in 1948, before winning the league championship in 1952

Cullis - 6 years - Challenged for the league several times before winning it.

Shankly - 5 years - inherited a 2nd division tam.

Catterick - 2 years

Nicholson - 4 years

Revie - 8 years - Inherited a 2nd division team.

Mercer - 3 years

Mee - 5 years -

Clough (Derby) 7 years - Inherited a lowe division club.

Paisley - 2 years

Clough (Forest) - 3.5 years

Kendall - 4 years

Fagan - 1 year

Dalglish - 1 year

George Graham - 3 years

Wilkinson - 4 years

Ferguson - 7 years - An exception to the norm

Wenger - 2 years

Mourinho - 1 year

You prove my point - thanks Dicko.

You Clown!!!

He won the BIGGEST PRIZE IN CLUB FOOTBALL in his first season,you fuckin Clown

Edited by Durango

Do you support Juventus?

They are the team I look out for in Italy yes, I dont watch many of their games though even if I have the chance to watch most of them and I have never been in Turin either, so support might be a strong word and not really describing of my relationship to them.

Is that an satisfying answer?

You do seem awfully defensive about them for someone who just looks out for their results, while overly negative about us and Rafa.

I`m negative because I care mate.

I also just happen to think the Calciopoli is one of the biggest scams in the footballing history.

they just spent £35m on Benzema, so i'm wondering why they haven't closed on Alonso. Real dont mess about, that Benzema deal was wrapped up in a few days.

They don't seem as interested in Alonso as they're letting on.

they just spent £35m on Benzema, so i'm wondering why they haven't closed on Alonso. Real dont mess about, that Benzema deal was wrapped up in a few days.

They don't seem as interested in Alonso as they're letting on.

Personally i think it will all be sorted in a few weeks time when the 20% sell on clause has expired with a deal worth about £30m (rising with addons) for both Alonso and Arbeloa.

Would you agree that throughout his career Rafa has won more with other people's players than he has with his own? Suggesting a floored transfer policy overall?

Rash, that's patently untrue.

How do you know what HIS transfer policy is, when he's been working ith 2 major handicaps in the transfer market; firstly finances and secondly, having Parry administer the deals and fucking them up.

You know that, and you're simply using it as different stick with which to beat Rafa.

This is the first time dureing his tenure, where he gets to pick and choose, set individual budgets from the overall budget he's given, etc.

Seriously, give this one up, and find another stick.

I am also very pleased that it is now widely accepted that most managers who win the league do so in their first few seasons.

That is the most selective bit of memory I've seen in my life. You've been handed a can of whoop-ass on that argument by various posters and you think everyone has agreed with you?

Talk about twisting facts. :whatever: