You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

A thread about a man named Xabi

dave u

What to do?  

239 members have voted

1. 1. What to do?

• Buy Dave House, Gerrard centre mid, go 442.
    • Buy Augero, Gerrard centre mid, stay 4231.
    • Gerrard in the hole, buy centre mid, stay 4231
    • Don’t care, kill Rafa, burn down RBS

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When you're talking about it it could be anyone real or otherwise.

Moggi, and his son, paid of the Ref's association in Italy and was deciding which referees played where to influence the outcome of games. Quite how you can blame Moratti for Moggi's transgressions I'm not sure.

No comments on some of Moggi's less successful signings?

No one paid off anyone, apart from Morratti who owned the phone company behind those phone taps.

When you're talking about it it could be anyone real or otherwise.

Moggi, and his son, paid of the Ref's association in Italy and was deciding which referees played where to influence the outcome of games. Quite how you can blame Moratti for Moggi's transgressions I'm not sure.

No comments on some of Moggi's less successful signings?

It wasn't called Moggiopoli for nothing was it.

2006 Italian Football Scandal

Are you listening Xabi?

"He .....is already relishing the chance to return to Merseyside for pre-season later this month.... I can do things here that would be unthinkable in Madrid....

“Madrid was killing me. I couldn’t go to the cinema, shopping; the team weren’t doing well, it was a constant anguish.

“Here it’s the opposite. You get used to winning, you can go out and about, the people on the street respect your privacy.”

Fernando Torres: I'm in debt to Rafa Benitez

Jul 1 2009 by James Pearce, Liverpool Echo

This is the worst thread ever.

I'd like to think most of it is a wind up, but it sadly isn't.

Has Xabi Alonso even been discussed in the last 5 pages of shit?

I think this is the clips bit!

So be quiet, the one about 'Robbie Keane fair crack of the whip' will be here in a mo.

1557 BST: Lyon agree to sell France international Karim Benzema to Real Madrid for £30m, with the striker set to sign a six-year contract.

They'll run out money soon, or the government will turn off the tap.

1557 BST: Lyon agree to sell France international Karim Benzema to Real Madrid for £30m, with the striker set to sign a six-year contract.

And another one escapes Ferguson's clutches.

What I don't get is that if Xabi is so affected by all the off the pitch shennigans from last year, how the hell is he going to survive at Madrid? They're already putting him between a rock and a hard place by turning his head with the galctico talk and now leaving him hanging while they piss around trying to save a few euros showing they really don't see him as a galactico at all.

You read up on the fan boards on the madrid papers and it doesn't even sound like he's that popular with them on account of being Basque and "slow". If he's not careful he'll end up next years robben/Sneidjer/Huntelaar/Higuain/Gago/Mahmoud Diarra.

If he thinks he's been fucked about here I hope he's going into this with his eyes wide open and that Perez doesn't have another blinding insight and decide he doesn't add enough a la Makele.

All the signings are being funded by bank loans apparently.

What I don't get is that if Xabi is so affected by all the off the pitch shennigans from last year, how the hell is he going to survive at Madrid? They're already putting him between a rock and a hard place by turning his head with the galctico talk and now leaving him hanging while they piss around trying to save a few euros showing they really don't see him as a galactico at all.

You read up on the fan boards on the madrid papers and it doesn't even sound like he's that popular with them on account of being Basque and "slow". If he's not careful he'll end up next years robben/Sneidjer/Huntelaar/Higuain/Gago/Mahmoud Diarra.

If he thinks he's been fucked about here I hope he's going into this with his eyes wide open and that Perez doesn't have another blinding insight and decide he doesn't add enough a la Makele.

Slow?? Don't they realise he's the most mobile player in the team that ran them ragged last season?

If Xabi goes there, I think it'll end in tears for him. From hero to scapegoat in one easy lesson.

Slow?? Don't they realise he's the most mobile player in the team that ran them ragged last season?

If Xabi goes there, I think it'll end in tears for him. From hero to scapegoat in one easy lesson.

It'd be a tragedy if that happened. Don't do it Xabi, you're just a political piece for Perez's Spanish sideshow and that can be all too easily trumped when someone with a bouquet behind his ear comes along.

For the fees we paid, Garcia and Crouch were hugely succesful buys. Not that it matters as every manager is pretty hit and miss in the transfer market, and those who have the most success tend to be able spend reguarly in the top bracket and have more margin for error. Simple really.