You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

A thread about a man named Xabi

dave u

What to do?  

239 members have voted

1. 1. What to do?

• Buy Dave House, Gerrard centre mid, go 442.
    • Buy Augero, Gerrard centre mid, stay 4231.
    • Gerrard in the hole, buy centre mid, stay 4231
    • Don’t care, kill Rafa, burn down RBS

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All I know is that it's pretty much common knowledge amongst the Liverpool players that he's had enough and wants to leave because Rafa has been touting him around again despite the season he had.

And now Rafa wants to keep him, only because he missed out on Barry. That's what Alonso is saying anyway and I have no reason to doubt him.

Yesterday you said you had heard that Alonso had said his goodbyes to LFC staff. I immediately posted asking how could he have done that if he was in South Africa and they were in the UK. My post disappeared without explanation. Another post of mine a couple of weeks ago that commented on the relationship between Bascombe and this board and the anti-Rafa brigade also disappeared.

Let's be frank, Brownie. You don't know what the LFC players are saying about Alonso. You are not ITK.

It's all politics, why should any side show their hand? People cant accept things or take things on board unless it is shoved infront of their face whereas in reality the world doesn't work like that. These are intelligent people dealing in a multi million pound business. Subterfuge is the order of the day!

That was meant to be 23. Haven't had my cornies yet. :P

Hernanes is the type of player that would be better with Alonso or if he isn't here I would really be willing to give Lucas a chance next year as you need players that will be unselfish and allow players like Hernanes and Mascherano to do what they do.

Spoke to a Brazilian journalist via email today (long story) and I asked him about Hernanes. He seems to think there is no interest in him from the premier league and he will probably end up at AC Milan this summer which is a shame as I'd love him here.

Last season's history.

Might be last seasons history but you have to admit that some of those so called "Rafa Bashers" are making sure that both events are linked.

In my previous posts I have stated that both men are professionals and that they get on with things because its the best for the club.

I am sure neither are thinking about what happend last season but some of our fans are kicking a huge fuss about it because they see it in the same light.

Last season Rafa tried to sell Alonso because he had a bad season. This is the managers call and if Alonso took it personaly then its his own fault. Rafa does what he thinks is best for the club, not for Alonso and he should act accordingly.

This season the equation has changed because now Rafa WANTS Alonso to stay and be part of his squad. The fact that Madrid have knocked on the door now is irrelevant in my view because we are big club, which means other big clubs will want our stars.

Bottom line is that Rafa was not trying to force Alonso out. He was trying to sell him to bring in other players last season. Not something unheard of.

This season after Alonso has had a great season, Rafa is reluctant to let him but should he want to go, Rafa is ensuring that he gets top dollar for him. Again not something unheard of.

Wherever Alonso is happy with Rafa is besides the point. We all know that Alonso loves it here, wants to play and at heart will awlays be a Liverpool player.

If however he wants to go to Madrid then I wish him the best of luck. The fans however should be aware of the reasons why Alonso might be leaving.

Might be last seasons history but you have to admit that some of those so called "Rafa Bashers" are making sure that both events are linked.

In my previous posts I have stated that both men are professionals and that they get on with things because its the best for the club.

I am sure neither are thinking about what happend last season but some of our fans are kicking a huge fuss about it because they see it in the same light.

Last season Rafa tried to sell Alonso because he had a bad season. This is the managers call and if Alonso took it personaly then its his own fault. Rafa does what he thinks is best for the club, not for Alonso and he should act accordingly.

This season the equation has changed because now Rafa WANTS Alonso to stay and be part of his squad. The fact that Madrid have knocked on the door now is irrelevant in my view because we are big club, which means other big clubs will want our stars.

Bottom line is that Rafa was not trying to force Alonso out. He was trying to sell him to bring in other players last season. Not something unheard of.

This season after Alonso has had a great season, Rafa is reluctant to let him but should he want to go, Rafa is ensuring that he gets top dollar for him. Again not something unheard of.

Wherever Alonso is happy with Rafa is besides the point. We all know that Alonso loves it here, wants to play and at heart will awlays be a Liverpool player.

If however he wants to go to Madrid then I wish him the best of luck. The fans however should be aware of the reasons why Alonso might be leaving.

HE ONLY WANTS HIM TO STAY NOW BECAUSE HE MISSED OUT ON BARRY! Up until a month ago, he was happy to sell him!

HE ONLY WANTS HIM TO STAY NOW BECAUSE HE MISSED OUT ON BARRY! Up until a month ago, he was happy to sell him!

So you keep telling us, but there has been no hard evidence to back this story up. Now until people see it in black and white or on the news, they will stand by that belief, just as you are with yours.

Me personally I think what you and the other posters going with the Alonso is going because he hates Rafa and the Barry saga are wrong, but people who follow the same notion as myself are accused of having our heads buried in the sand. Now we will see who the fools are come August 31st when the transfer window is closed.

I'm pretty confident I know which side are going to be eating humble pie.

What about the stories that Xabis agent has been talking to Madrid for months now trying to organise a deal on the cheap?

Even though Barry stated one of the reasons he was`nt so keen on joining Liverpool now was his reluctance to play left mid or left back. That doesnt sound like one who was replacing a central midfielder.

Rafa did the introduction... it was Rafa that let clubs know that Xabi might be available.

Rashid, you have become Indecisive Dave from the Fast Show. All you do now is enthusiastically parrot the views of those members on this forum whom you desperately want to fit in with and befriend, and thus 'belong'. It really is quite embarrassingly desperate.

Rashid, you have become Indecisive Dave from the Fast Show. All you do now is enthusiastically parrot the views of those members on this forum whom you desperately want to fit in with and befriend, and thus 'belong'. It really is quite embarrassingly desperate.

Yep, thats me. Known for making friends on the net.

Yep, thats me. Known for making friends on the net.

I think they're saying your the ratty little hanger on that lurks around the fringes of the bigger boys group and copying what they do to get noticed. Not that you're trying to make friends.

You think I need other people's to help in "trying to get noticed"?

Yeah, pretty much.

Your whole routine is based on absorbing other peoples views adapting them to suit the drum your banging and then repeating the view over and over and over.

Obviously you have the capacity to think up your own shit ideas as well but they tend to change more quickly than the ones you adopt from others.

Yeah, pretty much.

Your whole routine is based on absorbing other peoples views adapting them to suit the drum your banging and then repeating the view over and over and over.

Obviously you have the capacity to think up your own shit ideas as well but they tend to change more quickly than the ones you adopt from others.

Right.

Your whole routine is based on reading other peoples views and playing some sort of shitty little game of devil's advocate whilst never offfering your own opinion.

I'd rather be a mad cunt than a sad cunt Cardie.