You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

A thread about a man named Xabi

dave u

What to do?  

239 members have voted

1. 1. What to do?

• Buy Dave House, Gerrard centre mid, go 442.
    • Buy Augero, Gerrard centre mid, stay 4231.
    • Gerrard in the hole, buy centre mid, stay 4231
    • Don’t care, kill Rafa, burn down RBS

If the only reason why Alonso wants to leave is because of Rafa then i think thats a lame excuse.

Like i have said in all walks of life employees do not get on with there employers and in many cases there is a 'us and them' scenario.

We know Rafa tried selling Alonso last summer of that there is no doubt and he tried replacing him with the inferior Gareth Barry but Rafa did not then exile Alonso when this failed to happen and played Xabi as often as possible.

I would imagine saying that the relationship with Rafa is what is causing the transfer makes it sound better to the fans but for me it is just as likely to be the fact he wants to return home to Spain and the fact he will get higher wages at Madrid.

If you do not work well or do not feel wanted by your boss, you are much more likely to try and go somewhere else. Saying it is a lame excuse if Alonso only wants to leave because of his boss, is in my eyes fairly clouded by a love of said boss, but each to their own. I have seen lots of moves in other fields of work, mostly, and several entirely, because of the boss. It happens in all walks of life, why should it be different in a football club?

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So you would stick at a job in a foreign country that pays less where your boss doesn't like and has already tried to force you out the door and all this when someone else would improve your wages and give you a fresh start at a bigger company (yes Real are bigger than us, deal with it).

If my boss had just said he absolutely wanted to keep me, I was already paid a bloody fortune, and he wasn't trying to force me out the door anymore because I was now doing my job very well again having not been doing as well for 2 years previous?

Is that what you mean?

If my boss had just said he absolutely wanted to keep me, I was already paid a bloody fortune, and he wasn't trying to force me out the door anymore because I was now doing my job very well again having not been doing as well for 2 years previous?

Is that what you mean?

Except he did do well, not great by any means, but this, he didn't do well, is way over the top.

Is that what you mean?

No that isn't what I mean or I'd have said that.

You are seeing things from Rafa's point of view there and saying he was right to want to get rid of him, so how might I ask if Xabi any less right to leave now after being having been used as bait to sign Barry which fucked up?

Incidently is Rafa going to say he wants to sell him and bring his price down again? No, I think he learned his lesson the first time.

I hope he stays and he is professional enough to do so but if this was a "normal" player he'd be on his bike so fast Chris Foy wouldn't catch him.

As the above poster says, he has done nothing but do well for this club.

I find the idea that Xabi is some innocent liitle child and this is all nasty Rafa in all this truly fucking laughable. And the people that believe it really need to have a think on the situation. A full think.

For some reason football fans become retards when it comes to football. They idolise kids kicking a ball around. Grown men actually listen to the points of views of some footballer and treat it as a learned opinion? And then they think these people can do no wrong if they are one of their favourites. It's fucking daft.

Rafa isn't innocent in all this. But neither is Xabi. And if Xabi wants to leave, then thanks very much, and goodbye. We replaced Keegan. We can certainly replace Xabi.

I find the idea that Rafa is some innocent liitle child and this is all nasty Xabi in all this truly fucking laughable. And the people that believe it really need to have a think on teh situation. A full think.

For some reason football fans become retards when it comes to football. They idolise kids kicking a ball around. Grown men actually listen to the points of views of some footballer and treat it as a learned opinion? And then they think these people can do no wrong if they are one of their favourites. It's fuckign daft

Only took to change 2 words. We get it, you believe Rafa is great and the sun shines out his backside. Your version of the above is really what needed the rethink though.

Only took to change 2 words. We get it, you believe Rafa is great and the sun shines out his backside. Your version of the above is really what needed the rethink though.

Yeah, despite me being at pains to point out all the time that I think Rafa has fucked up in this but that Xabi has also, I clearly think the sun shines out of Rafas arse. So fucking tiresome.

I took, not doing as well to mean not doing well.

I really don't see how you took it to be that, but fair enough I'll explain what I meant. I said Xabi did very well last season, and that he didn't do AS well the seasons before. I.e. he wasn't AS good as this season. That doesn't mean he was shite. I just means he wasn't AS good. He was good, but not great.

How has Xabi fucked up?

By not wanting to leave the club until he became inferior to Barry in only Rafa's mind?

By taking the insult of being used as trade bait to lure an inferior player in his stride and being our player of the season in a lot of people's eyes?

By turning down Madrid to come here in the first place?

Yeah he's a proper cunt that Xabi lad, glad there arn't more like him in our team or football in general.

I find the idea that Xabi is some innocent liitle child and this is all nasty Rafa in all this truly fucking laughable. And the people that believe it really need to have a think on the situation. A full think.

For some reason football fans become retards when it comes to football. They idolise kids kicking a ball around. Grown men actually listen to the points of views of some footballer and treat it as a learned opinion? And then they think these people can do no wrong if they are one of their favourites. It's fucking daft.

Rafa isn't innocent in all this. But neither is Xabi. And if Xabi wants to leave, then thanks very much, and goodbye. We replaced Keegan. We can certainly replace Xabi.

Amen to that.

the owners treated rafa worse imo.

Yeah, despite me being at pains to point out all the time that I think Rafa has fucked up in this but that Xabi has also, I clearly think the sun shines out of Rafas arse. So fucking tiresome.

Uhm, when I quoted you, you didn't have your last paragraph in there, great amending....

I really don't see how you took it to be that, but fair enough I'll explain what I meant. I said Xabi did very well last season, and that he didn't do AS well the seasons before. I.e. he wasn't AS good as this season. That doesn't mean he was shite. I just means he wasn't AS good. He was good, but not great.

ok, I mistook what you said so. My bad.

How has Xabi fucked up?

By not wanting to leave the club until he became inferior to Barry in only Rafa's mind?

By taking the insult of being used as trade bait to lure an inferior player in his stride and being our player of the season in a lot of people's eyes?

Yeah he's a proper cunt that Xabi lad, glad there arn't more like him in our team or football in general.

If you think Xabi and his agent are innocent in this fiasco then you're a fool.

Granted Benitez was a tit for touting him around during the Barry saga last season and as such we are now witnessing the end product of his fuck ups last year.

If Xabi wants to go and let's face it he's doing everything in his power to make it seem that way, then fine, go.

Go now for top dollar so we have a chance to spend the money early on a decent non squad filling player.

How has Xabi fucked up?

Ha ha. Fucking hell. Yeah, that's what I'm saying.

Alonso signed a fat extension to his contact with LFC and obviously thought he had done well for himself. Then he started playing below par and also got injured. When the possibility of a move arose he agreed to being sold by Rafa on the proviso that he would have the final say and could refuse any move of which he did not approve - which was his contractual right. He liked the idea because it might mean more wages and a fee for his agent. There was never any suggestion that Rafa would punish him if he refused to move.

Only an anti-Raf bigot would call this "politics" by Rafa. Its the meat and potatoes of management. Rafa conducted himself honourably and efficiently in the affair and coaxed and excellent season from Alonso - although Alonso was by no means the best player in the squad.

Uhm, when I quoted you, you didn't have your last paragraph in there, great amending....

This is far from the first time I've commented on this issue. In fact I'm on most of the last bunch of pages saying that Rafa has been no angel in this, but neither has Xabi.

ok, I mistook what you said so. My bad.

It's ok. I stuck my thumbs in my ears, wiggled my fingers, stuck out my tongue and blew rasberries.

You lot are fucking tiresome and ridiculously petulant.

Rafa made a decision last year to sell Xabi as he thought it would better the team.

Rafa should have no alliances with players, especially one who has been largely inconsistent and hardly relevant in the previous two years.

Rafa did not do this for personal gain. If he did, then he would also have come out this year and try to sell him. He didn't, he did this for footballing reasons.

Rafa brought Alonso here, and it was under us that Alonso won a fucking Champions League medal. Alonso is not doing us a fucking favour.

People on here would eat shit out of Alonso's ass. Hes a fucking player, he is not Gerrard, or Carra, or Sami, hes a fucking player (not a legend) who is paid to play. If he wants gone then FUCK HIM, sincerely.

Rafa was fucked over a whole lot more by his owners than Xabi has been by Rafa. And Rafa has got on with his job, and Rafa did NOT fuck off to Madrid, purely because of how much he loves our club and us fans. Xabi has been played every game possible last season and Rafa has said time and time again how much he wants to keep Alonso. And if still, Alonso wants to go, how can anybody on here pretend he loves our club as much as Rafa? He doesn't.

Xabi is playing on our sympathy. If he goes to Real it will be for A) Money and B) the Stardom, not because of fucking Rafa.

If nothing happened last year, Xabi would still have had his head turned if Madrid came in this year (like they have)

Anybody believing otherwise is in fucking denial.

You lot are fucking tiresome and ridiculously petulant.

Rafa made a decision last year to sell Xabi as he thought it would better the team.

Rafa should have no alliances with players, especially one who has been largely inconsistent and hardly relevant in the previous two years.

Rafa did not do this for personal gain. If he did, then he would also have come out this year and try to sell him. He didn't, he did this for footballing reasons.

Rafa brought Alonso here, and it was under us that Alonso won a fucking Champions League medal. Alonso is not doing us a fucking favour.

People on here would eat shit out of Alonso's ass. Hes a fucking player, he is not Gerrard, or Carra, or Sami, hes a fucking player (not a legend) who is paid to play. If he wants gone then FUCK HIM, sincerely.

Rafa was fucked over a whole lot more by his owners than Xabi has been by Rafa. He has been played every game possible last season and said time and time again how much he wants to keep Alonso.

Xabi is playing on our sympathy. If he goes to Real it will be for A) Money and B) the Stardom, not because of fucking Rafa.

If nothing happened last year, Xabi would still have had his head turned if Madrid came in this year (like they have)

Anybody believing otherwise is in fucking denial.

I agree mate.

Rafa can do no wrong! Give it up guys its embarassing.

You were all for selling Alonso well before anyone else up until the point Rafa wanted too, you've spent from that time onwards moaning about what an awful decision it is by Rafa.