You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

A thread about a man named Xabi

dave u

What to do?  

239 members have voted

1. 1. What to do?

• Buy Dave House, Gerrard centre mid, go 442.
    • Buy Augero, Gerrard centre mid, stay 4231.
    • Gerrard in the hole, buy centre mid, stay 4231
    • Don’t care, kill Rafa, burn down RBS

Point in case.

Price over value.

I couldn't give a shit what he is worth to the market, it is what he is worth to us.

Real want to pay stupid money for everyone else then why should we be sensible?

Only worth 16-18... oh is that all.

He is priceless as we won't be able to replace him.

The only people who "overrate" him are the people who know what he does.

Do you think to ask why Real who have shown no propensity other than to sign the best in europe in midfield and attack are after XABI ALONSO?

We have no need to sell Xabi, they want to buy him. It is that simple so WE decide the fee, not them.

I said if it wasnt for madrid we would fetch much less. I agree we should get plenty for him and should get what we are due for a change. I would rather keep him as he is a great player but he will be replaced and i am not going to get worked up about it. If he goes then so be it

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just on sky that Toure has signed a new contract with Barca, surely this means they've given up on Mascherano?

Were they really ever in for him though? It seems to me that the Masch to Barca stories will eventually profit both parties in terms of improved contracts

Xabi Alonso appears ready to leave Liverpool | Football - Times Online

Liverpool have slapped a £35 million price-tag on Xabi Alonso

Tony Evans, Gary Jacob

Liverpool placed a £35 million valuation on Xabi Alonso last night after the Spain midfield player said his goodbyes to some members of the club's staff. However, Real Madrid, with whom the player has been linked, have not yet made an official offer.

Alonso's relationship with Rafael Benítez has been troubled since the Liverpool manager began his pursuit of Gareth Barry last year. Although Benítez wants to keep the 27-year-old, there is a growing acceptance at Anfield that the player is likely to move to Real.

Benítez has justified paying up to £18.5 million to Portsmouth for Glen Johnson, who has joined on a four-year contract, because the right back was English. The manager has offered a new contract to Álvaro Arbeloa, who has one year left on his deal, but is also wanted by Real.

“We knew the market was going to be difficult this summer and some of it has been crazy,” Benítez said. “We could buy one more player without selling anyone.”

I bet this is what Brownie heard last night.:(

Xabi Alonso appears ready to leave Liverpool | Football - Times Online

Liverpool have slapped a £35 million price-tag on Xabi Alonso

Tony Evans, Gary Jacob

Liverpool placed a £35 million valuation on Xabi Alonso last night after the Spain midfield player said his goodbyes to some members of the club's staff. However, Real Madrid, with whom the player has been linked, have not yet made an official offer.

Alonso's relationship with Rafael Benítez has been troubled since the Liverpool manager began his pursuit of Gareth Barry last year. Although Benítez wants to keep the 27-year-old, there is a growing acceptance at Anfield that the player is likely to move to Real.

Benítez has justified paying up to £18.5 million to Portsmouth for Glen Johnson, who has joined on a four-year contract, because the right back was English. The manager has offered a new contract to Álvaro Arbeloa, who has one year left on his deal, but is also wanted by Real.

“We knew the market was going to be difficult this summer and some of it has been crazy,” Benítez said. “We could buy one more player without selling anyone.”

I bet this is what Brownie heard last night.:(

That bit.

Like pretty much everyone else I want Xabi to stay. But if he does want to go then we should let him. We should set out price and the date by which it must be met (as stated above) and then we all know where we are at. If Real Madrid do not meet it, no deal. If they do, we have some time and money to weigh our options.

If our preferred system under Rafa has been 4-2-3-1 I would change that to 4-1-3-2. Drop one of the sitting midfielders and add another striker. It is a rare game that we need more than one holding midfielder. If Masch protects the back four then that's enough. Put another striker in there and let's wipe the floor with opposition.

Excellent shout I agree, especially if we are playing inferior opposition which is most of the season, I would say we could revert back to the 4-2-3-1 against Chelsea, United and say Arsenal away but switch to a 4-1-3-2 or even a 4-1-2-2-1 all depending on if we lose Xabi of course.

Shanks Legend on Rawk said earlier Rafa is going to offer Masch,Xabi,Yossi,Reina and Skrtel new contracts very soon,whether they sign it is another matter,also said Darby is going out on loan,maybe to Tranmere, hes a decent ITK and usually is reliable, just passing it on...

Shanks Legend on Rawk said earlier Rafa is going to offer Masch,Xabi,Yossi,Reina and Skrtel new contracts very soon,whether they sign it is another matter,also said Darby is going out on loan,maybe to Tranmere, hes a decent ITK and usually is reliable, just passing it on...

Shanks Legend is another fake ITK. Periodically he gets called out and goes into a sulk saying he won't share his pearls of wisdom any more if people won't give him respect - but he always comes back looking for attention. His "sauce" is just general gossip, usually picked up from other sites, plus a lot of not very inspired guesswork.

His "inside" info is full of "ifs", "ands" and "buts" so he can always say circumstances changed since he made his most recent wrong prediction.

His running commentary on the H and G takeover- sale to the Arabs and related matters was laughably wrong.

It amazes me that people on RAWK still give him the time of day considering his high bullshit content.

Guest Ulysses Everett McGill
He's a shit ITK and is hardly ever reliable. I honestly can't remember the last thing he got right.

He got the Parry leaving story before anyone else

Gary Jacob is also very well connected at the club

Not that it matters, but does the story not just back up what others such as Brownie have been saying?

Then again, it's easy to snipe from behind an Internet connection, as I'm sure Basco would testify

Internet warriors, dontcha just love 'em

He got the Parry leaving story before anyone else

Then again, it's easy to snipe from behind an Internet connection, as I'm sure Basco would testify

Internet warriors, dontcha just love 'em

Its the self-promoting ITKs who are the internet warriors.

How has Xabi said goodbye to the club staff if he is to play in South Africa in two days time?

sorry if I have missed something, just curious

Don't fuck with Xabi he now has magical powers, he was able to contact staff via psychic messages. In fact it could be said he has even been doing so to people on this forum. The good news is it's worth an extra five million to his selling value.

Guest Ulysses Everett McGill
Don't fuck with Xabi he now has magical powers, he was able to contact staff via psychic messages. In fact it could be said he has even been doing so to people on this forum. The good news is it's worth an extra five million to his selling value.

Wonderful things are mobile phones

I'm posting this message via mine from a small island near the equator

But I agree the psychic angle is more romantic

Show off.

I'm posting this from a small town near Sheffield :P

F*cking hell, you take more holidays than Judith Chalmers.