You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

A thread about a man named Xabi

dave u

What to do?  

239 members have voted

1. 1. What to do?

• Buy Dave House, Gerrard centre mid, go 442.
    • Buy Augero, Gerrard centre mid, stay 4231.
    • Gerrard in the hole, buy centre mid, stay 4231
    • Don’t care, kill Rafa, burn down RBS

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest simon
Did you hear this from one punch Jarv?

How do you know about him your quite new to the forum arnt you.

hahaha forget Eastenders or Coronation Street, the bullshit and drama is right in this thread! in this recent episode we have just been left in suspense!

Will Atk confirm simonlfcgreens whispers of Arbeloa being the surprise transfer OUT?!

Will we have the exact same things said tomorrow as we had today??

Will you be back on this thread even though you feel like your going round and round in circles??

YOU BET I WILL :) SEE YOU ALL TOMORROW

Guest simon
hahaha forget Eastenders or Coronation Street, the bullshit and drama is right in this thread! in this recent episode we have just been left in suspense!

Will Atk confirm simonlfcgreens whispers of Arbeloa being the surprise transfer OUT?!

Will we have the exact same things said tomorrow as we had today??

Will you be back on this thread even though you feel like your going round and round in circles??

YOU BET I WILL :) SEE YOU ALL TOMORROW

Ha ha yeah im not sure he will.

Not like you not to take the side of the manager John, I'm shocked

Anyway I'm off to get a Peroni and chuckle at myself for being so silly as to waste airtime on this thread

Andy can I ask you a question mate? Do you think Xabi will still be here next season?

Those who argue that because Rafa tried to get rid of Xabi last year, Xabi has the right to leave when he wants and to whichever team he wants are factually wrong. Most of those who make the argument don't care about facts because they will seize on any opportunity to blame Rafa.

Xabi wanted to leave last year. But he wanted to dictate where he would move. The teams he wanted to move to did not want him or were not prepared to pay LFC a fee that would cover the cost of his replacement. Rafa agreed to sell him only if the price was right. This was after two years of indifferent performances for LFC by Xabi.

As a result of Xabi's desire to leave, Rafa's efforts to sell and Xabi's refusal to go to the teams that were prepared to pay the asking price, he decided he wanted to stay and try again this summer - which is what he is doing.

At the end of last summer Rafa replied to the criticism by stating that people can say that he changed his mind about selling Xabi, or that Xabi changed his mind about going. Rafa didn't care what they said because the fact was that Xabi was contracted to LFC and would be selected for the forthcoming season.

Its interesting that the events of last summer seem to have caused Xabi to improve his game. Rafa did what he is supposed to do - he managed the situation to the benefit of LFC.

Clearly, Xabi is trying to continue his long-standing attempts to engineer a move to a team of his choosing. But he will not come out and ask for a transfer because it will affect the financial compensation he will get. It does not matter to him or his agent that this stance puts LFC and Rafa in a difficult position.

When Xabi says he does not know if he will be at LFC next season its because he does not want to be here but does not know (a) if a team he prefers wants him and (b) if Rafa will let him go.

Meanwhile Rafa is doing what he should in LFC's best interest by reminding Xabi and any interested purchaser that Xabi is under contract for three more years and Rafa and LFC do not want to sell him.

I would hope that Rafa will sell him only if the timing of the sale and the price is good for LFC.

Rafa wants Xabi gone but and has said he is staying to placate the fans - that way he can blame Xabi for wanting to go. Xabi Alonso is a gonner according to Balague who normally chats shit but has probably "guessed" this one right.

Haha you're so tranaparent, when Balague says someting you don't like or don't want hear he's chating shit but when he's says something you can back your case up with he's 'guessed' it right.

Good to see you've slipped back into your old ways.

The board should veto the sale of these players even at the managers request as it is detrimental to the club long term. Unless of course we get double their value ie Alonso for £50m, Gerrard for £100m, Torres at £100m etc.

Have you ever actually spoken with Gillet, as I have? If you had you would never suggest that his judgement about the worth of any player should take precedence over anybody's let alone over that of one of the best manager's in world football.

Your description of the board's so-called decision not to fund the Barry purchase as "brilliant" and your false claim that the board prevented Rafa from selling Xabi last summer is a prime example of the garbage you constantly spin.

You are not very good at disguising your personal dislike of a manager whose verve and sophistication and sheer strength of character constantly shows up the poverty of your analysis and leaves you flapping about clutching at straws.

Hence the reason I'd say I'd pay up if we won the league without Xabi. I've heard plenty of the same thing and am pretty resigned to the fact that he is leaving.

I think it's a disgrace myself, I've heard he's handed in a transfer request but all indications have pointed that he's been happy at the club. It's quite sad, and ironic in a way that last summer I was all for Alonso leaving, now I can't believe it's actually happening, especially after the season he's had, he's reverted to the Alonso of old and has been crucial to what progress we have made.

Rafa has never back tracked on Alonso, the press has always hinted in their questions how Rafa must be glad that Alonso didn't go, and he doesn't acknowledge it.

I'm resigned to losing Xabi

and I'm resigned to 3rd or 4th place next season barring an absolute miracle.

Talk about fucking hyperbole. You think Xabi is the difference between us being a 4th place team or honest league challengers?

He is a great player, no doubt, but if he does go he will generate decent money for the transfer kitty which could be spent on a Silva perhaps.

I would prefer him to stay and still bring in Silva and Barry, but if he does go, whether by personal decision or by being flogged by Rafa, we will not suddenly crumble.