You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

A thread about a man named Xabi

dave u

What to do?  

239 members have voted

1. 1. What to do?

• Buy Dave House, Gerrard centre mid, go 442.
    • Buy Augero, Gerrard centre mid, stay 4231.
    • Gerrard in the hole, buy centre mid, stay 4231
    • Don’t care, kill Rafa, burn down RBS

So why did he get rid of Ayesterian then?

I can see your point but i think it is slightly different when talking about management. If your assistant undermines you, you get rid but often you can not get on with staff and still keep them as you know it is for the greater good and the positives outweigh the negatives.

If pako undermined rafa then he had to go, i think that's acceptable

What he said. And if you add the fact that Rafa and Paka had a long, close relationship it is a totally different proposition to the Xabi debacle.

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rafa's attitude will be massively different pre and post sale imo. If Xabi does go Rafa will say he had to , it was a shame, he is a nice boy etc.

This is about getting as much money as possible to benefit the team imo.

Why is it a hero and villain thing? I have never known so many to have such a vested interest in the happiness of a premiership player who probably have the best lifestyles around. How do we know his mrs doesn't want english kids?

Rafa's attitude will be massively different pre and post sale imo. If Xabi does go Rafa will say he had to , it was a shame, he is a nice boy etc.

This is about getting as much money as possible to benefit the team imo.

Why is it a hero and villain thing? I have never known so many to have such a vested interest in the happiness of a premiership player who probably have the best lifestyles around. How do we know his mrs doesn't want english kids?

Exactly, Rafa is the manager of Liverpool FC, not Xabi Alonso FC. Xabi is a professional and if he is going he probably already knows and would think nothing of whats been in the press because he knows its part of the game.

Having said that I'm not sure there has been anything but support for him in the press as far as Rafa goes, or the club for that matter.

Charlie Nicholas now saying he was gutted Arsenal missed out on Alonso last season and is in his team of the year. 'Class player'.

Got back 18 months where he says 'Liverpool will never win the title with Alonso in their team'. Maybe he's right . . .

This Benitez v Alonso face off is looking all too familiar to these eyes.

I have never known supporters of Liverpool FC to be as divided as they are now or more entrenched in those divisions. I can only see it getting worse next season.

Rafa is the manager and if he thinks its for the best then thats down to him, results will show whether he's right or wrong.

I'd keep him and I think its a shame and a mistake we are even considering it but again, there's no point moaning, if Rafa's made his mind up there is fuck all we can do.

Tomorrow will show a lot, if he waves and shit at the end we'll know.

Posted this in another thread, but it probably will get more attention in here.

Not that this proves anything, but going by the polls Morse has gad going after our games this season this is how it looks like at he moment when we look at times represented in the top 3 and how often each player has reached the top 3 compared to starts made.

This show what an incredible season Alonso actually have had and how anyone can even entertain the idea of selling him is beyond the pale.

Top 3 - starts:

1. Alonso: 24 times - 39 starts - 61,53%

2. Gerrard: 16 times - 40 starts - 40%

3. Torres: 10 times - 31 starts - 32,25%

4. Reina: 11 times - 50 starts - 22%

5. Kuyt: 12 times - 47 starts - 25,53%

6. Benayoun: 8 times - 25 starts - 32%

7. Mascherano: 9 times - 36 starts - 25%

8. Hyypia: 8 times - 15 starts - 53,33%

9. Skrtel: 8 times - 28 starts - 28,57%

By percentages:

2. Hyypia: 8 times - 15 starts - 53,33%

3. Gerrard: 16 times - 40 starts - 40%

4. Torres: 10 times - 31 starts - 32,25%

5. Benayoun: 8 times - 25 starts - 32%

6. Skrtel: 8 times - 28 starts - 28,57%

7. Kuyt: 12 times - 47 starts - 25,53%

8. Mascherano: 9 times - 36 starts - 25%

9. Reina: 11 times - 50 starts - 22%

I would be surprised if there are any team out there who would not love to have Alonso in their central he is one of if not the best player in the world in his position and no matter who we bring in if eh goes, the truth is that the team would have better if Alonso was still in it as he would walk into every other midfield in the world.

This Benitez v Alonso face off is looking all too familiar to these eyes.

I have never known supporters of Liverpool FC to be as divided as they are now or more entrenched in those divisions. I can only see it getting worse next season.

If you accept that Rafa is your manager then he has to be allowed to manage even if you think he is doing it for vindictive personal reasons. If Rafa wants Xabi out then Xabi has to go.

So why did he get rid of Ayesterian then?

Because Rafa found out that he was actively seeking new jobs at other clubs behind his back even though the new season was approaching. When he talked to him about it he learned just how much and for how long Ayesterian was dissatisfied being No. 2 at Anfield.

The five or six obsessives on here who have been frustrated by the utter failure of their season-long campaign against Rafa, cling to the hope that they will "get him" if Alonos goes.

If that were to happen it will be because Alonso wants to go. At the moment we know his agent is entertaining the possibility and it would certainly be profitable for the agent (and Alonso) if it were to happen . But Alonso says he, personally, is not interested. Therefore, Alonso should control his agent.

LFC (including Rafa) have had no communication with any club about such a transfer this year. They cannot speak for Alonso. Should he demand a transfer they would have to review their position. Meanwhile LFC and Rafa have no obligation to say anymore. They are not obliged to respond to the hot-house conspiracy theories pursued for more than two years by malcontents on TLW who are still sore about losing their campaign to get rid of Rafa.

On the subject of this supposed vindictive personal nature Benitez has, it's interesting to note that when he first arrived at Valencia many players were openly dismissive of him due to his previous lack of experience at that level and his changes to the existing dietary and training regimes there. Players who he did not go on to hound out of the club in his three seasons there, but instead used professionally to win two titles and a UEFA cup with ...

Posted this in another thread, but it probably will get more attention in here.

Not that this proves anything, but going by the polls Morse has gad going after our games this season this is how it looks like at he moment when we look at times represented in the top 3 and how often each player has reached the top 3 compared to starts made.

This show what an incredible season Alonso actually have had and how anyone can even entertain the idea of selling him is beyond the pale.

Top 3 - starts:

2. Gerrard: 16 times - 40 starts - 40%

3. Torres: 10 times - 31 starts - 32,25%

4. Reina: 11 times - 50 starts - 22%

5. Kuyt: 12 times - 47 starts - 25,53%

6. Benayoun: 8 times - 25 starts - 32%

7. Mascherano: 9 times - 36 starts - 25%

8. Hyypia: 8 times - 15 starts - 53,33%

9. Skrtel: 8 times - 28 starts - 28,57%

By percentages:

2. Hyypia: 8 times - 15 starts - 53,33%

3. Gerrard: 16 times - 40 starts - 40%

4. Torres: 10 times - 31 starts - 32,25%

5. Benayoun: 8 times - 25 starts - 32%

6. Skrtel: 8 times - 28 starts - 28,57%

7. Kuyt: 12 times - 47 starts - 25,53%

8. Mascherano: 9 times - 36 starts - 25%

9. Reina: 11 times - 50 starts - 22%

I would be surprised if there are any team out there who would not love to have Alonso in their central he is one of if not the best player in the world in his position and no matter who we bring in if eh goes, the truth is that the team would have better if Alonso was still in it as he would walk into every other midfield in the world.

Forgive my ignorance, but I don't understand the meaning of these statistics. More specifically what does 'represented in the top 3' mean?

Charlie Nicholas now saying he was gutted Arsenal missed out on Alonso last season and is in his team of the year. 'Class player'.

Got back 18 months where he says 'Liverpool will never win the title with Alonso in their team'. Maybe he's right . . .

was he back on the ale 18 months ago?

I also believe Rafa will sell Xabi if Real come in and offer £25million for him, reports in Italy yesterday claimed we had a 18million bid rejected for Lavezzi,

i assume that money is from the Keane transfer,if he ups that bid for Lavezzi can we safely assume that would be our most expensive purchase of the summer?? leaving only money gained from selling players such as Dossena,Babel,Itandje,Hobbs,Voronin<<notice guys thats just around £20million raised, add in Alonso would be £45millionish, the linked targets are Barry £10mill,Silva 17mill,Johnson 10mill,Tevez has been linked but if reports are true weve bid for Lavezzi i dont see us getting both.

The truth is we are skint and cant afford those targets unless we sell to raise up, i love Xabi and think hes a class act, but business is business and the thats why we have a manager to make those decisions,everyone has a price and £25million would be a suitable sum in my opinion as long as we replace him with real kwalllliiityyy,im a big Rafa fan and whether people like him or not,he has brought us very close to those cunts in Manchester,now is the most important time to stand together and support OUR club!

your right,then i would stop laughing if they went out and replaced that player with two or three world class players.

No player in the world can give us what Xabi can on his day.

We lose a key cog in a well rounded machine, Rafa anticipated we would get 18 Million for Xabi, if we get even close to that amount we could buy anyone that would make up for the loss of Xabi and add anything extra.

It'd be strange for Rafa to flog a player he has shown a huge amoung of faith in this season. For me, Xabi has had his best season here since his first, without question. I wouldn't sell him unless we got a bid of £20+ million. Being entirely realistic, we need the cash to strengthen other areas, and if Rafa does the right deals we can definitely come out of this stronger.

mate like i said before,i think Xabi is a class act and yes he has been our best performer in my eyes,i really see it as taking one step back and two steps forward.

I think a change of style in that midfield area is possible in Rafa's thinking, im not going to get on to the Alonso vs Barry thing because i prefer Alonso BUT with Barry in with Masch i see a nice balance with Barry being left footed, i feel some people on here under rate Barry, he and Laursen have been vital to Villa this year imo,okay he his passing range is no where near Xabi's but by no means is it poor! Barry will also chip in with a fair amount of goals i feel and his set pieces are of a very good standard, for me both players are more similar than made out to be, Rafa is would be replacing a 9/10 midfielder with a 8/10 midfield whilst being able to add much more attacking flair in the wide positions and up front.

The money being offered will be the biggest factor,i wish we were in a position where we could just spend and not sell our better players but we are not unfortunately thanks to our clown owners, Rafa would rather go out and improve the squad this summer (and we all know this summer is very very important based on how close we are to Utd) and sacrifice a good player to raise what would be a good £ 25million to add to our small kitty, im just going by recent speculation and thats all this is but are you telling me if we sold Alonso and bought Barry,Silva,Johnson and say Tevez you wouldnt think that has improved our squad??, that was a big difference between us and 'them' this year,squad depth and kwalliityyyy.

It'd be strange for Rafa to flog a player he has shown a huge amoung of faith in this season. For me, Xabi has had his best season here since his first, without question. I wouldn't sell him unless we got a bid of £20+ million. Being entirely realistic, we need the cash to strengthen other areas, and if Rafa does the right deals we can definitely come out of this stronger.

Why would you weaken the midfield engine room to strengthen other areas? Why risk something that isn't broke?

Why would you weaken the midfield engine room to strengthen other areas? Why risk something that isn't broke?

Well, supposedly we're bringing in Barry, who in my opinion is a more than adequate replacement. A slightly different type of player, but one who will add extra dimensions to our attacking play and get goals. We will also have significant cash left over to strengthen in other areas, so the team will get stronger overall*. It seems pretty simple to me.

* Assuming that Rafa makes the right purchases, which is far from a certainty.