You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Guest Ulysses Everett McGill

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But the cheap shots are funny.

I take it you didn't bother reading the post after it then. Or maybe virtually every thread on ownership over the past two years.

I've read all the posts and none of them explain how I can help change the mind of a bank executive on making a loan extension who already knows we don't like the owners.

Do you have some genuine insight here or not?

Jesus. Try reading the first post on the thread again. Try reading it properly.

And if you don't try, you don't succeed. Check out the Steve Cohen thread for some insight on that concept.

If your not convinced to try, then that's fine. Some of us will - live with it.

Jesus. Try reading the first post on the thread again. Try reading it properly.

And if you don't try, you don't succeed. Check out the Steve Cohen thread for some insight on that concept.

If your not convinced to try, then that's fine. Some of us will - live with it.

I didn't see anything in the Steve Cohen thread about how to convince a bank executive to reverse a business decision. Maybe you can show me what you plan to write in your communication that you think will convince this executive to change his mind and then I can do likewise.

Remarkable. You are the first Internet Troll I've come across who actually doesn't realise s/he's an Internet Troll. I've no idea what a psychologist would make of you, but I'm done trying. And have another badge. Bye.

Remarkable. You are the first Internet Troll I've come across who actually doesn't realise s/he's an Internet Troll. I've no idea what a psychologist would make of you, but I'm done trying. And have another badge. Bye.

I asked a simple question. If you don't know the answer don't bother replying.

Personally, I'd happily take a 10 point hit for one season, not that I think it would get that far

That's just the tip of the iceberg though Andy. We go into adminstation and we are FUCKED! We go into administration and EVERYTHING the club can sell will be put up for sale to pay off the £300m+ debt. Gerrard will go, Torres will go, every player who can be sold will be sold. It's fucking suicide and I can't believe Liverpool fans are talking about willingly inflicting it on our club. It's extremely naive to say the least.

Let the cunts have their 6 month extension. I think it may actually help in getting rid of them long term. We as fans need to get serious about this, we need to become organised and stop fucking about with press releases. We need to get militant, we need to create a detailed plan of boycotts.

Whatever the date of the original July deadline was that should be Day 1 of our plan. Every week that passes we boycott another sponsor or another partner of the club. Week 1: Carlsberg, week 2: Paddy Power, week 3: Thomas Cook and so on and so on. As the time progresses their position becomes less and less sustainable. If we announce the plans well in advance they'll have the sponsors on the phone doing our job for us and forcing them to sell up.

One thing is for sure though, we CANNOT go into administration, no club has ever come through it without being fucked.

We'd be snapped up well before administration.

By who? Why would they buy us before administration when they can get us after for fuck all

No idea, I'm afraid. But some people need to sober up as to what the implications of administration would be. It means a fire-sale immediately. Yes, we'll be rid of Tom and george, but they will have the last laugh. Also, we need to stop treating Dubai as our potential saviours - i'm convinced that all they have been interested in since losing out in 2007 is embarrassing the owners (not that this take much) and undermining them.

RBS are taking the view that it's better to stick with tom and George for 6 months, and see if interest materialises, because at the moment there is no alternative.

Dubai are not an option anymore I don't think, their country has imploded in the last 9 months, I doubt there's money to buy us there anymore.

That's just the tip of the iceberg though Andy. We go into adminstation and we are FUCKED! We go into administration and EVERYTHING the club can sell will be put up for sale to pay off the £300m+ debt. Gerrard will go, Torres will go, every player who can be sold will be sold. It's fucking suicide and I can't believe Liverpool fans are talking about willingly inflicting it on our club. It's extremely naive to say the least.

Ain't that the truth.

I had to read and reread the first page of this thread again just to make sure that I wasn't seeing things, and that Liverpool fans were actually, seriously planning a campaign to ensure that our credit is withdrawn. In the midst of the biggest global financial crisis in 80 years.

Yeah, the whole point of getting rid of G&H is to prevent the club from going into meltdown. Putting the club into administration IS THAT MELTDOWN. There is nothing at all good to come from going into administration. Yes the yanks might be gone, but we'd be left with a shell of a club.

Guest ShoePiss

This thread is madness, I don't know where to start. Actually I suggest the original poster helps explain the implications of administration to the people he's trying to convince....

Let the cunts have their 6 month extension. I think it may actually help in getting rid of them long term. We as fans need to get serious about this, we need to become organised and stop fucking about with press releases. We need to get militant, we need to create a detailed plan of boycotts.

Whatever the date of the original July deadline was that should be Day 1 of our plan. Every week that passes we boycott another sponsor or another partner of the club. Week 1: Carlsberg, week 2: Paddy Power, week 3: Thomas Cook and so on and so on. As the time progresses their position becomes less and less sustainable. If we announce the plans well in advance they'll have the sponsors on the phone doing our job for us and forcing them to sell up.

One thing is for sure though, we CANNOT go into administration, no club has ever come through it without being fucked.

By who? Why would they buy us before administration when they can get us after for fuck all

Dubai are not an option anymore I don't think, their country has imploded in the last 9 months, I doubt there's money to buy us there anymore.

word for word spot on

Maldini, we wouldn't be technically selling our assets I.E Torres and Gerrard because that reduced the return on the investment, then the RBS can't sell it to anyone.

We will have to if we go into Administration. The administrators' job would be to get as much money as possible from the business by selling the assets. In a football club, this would be done by selling the big players.

A business normally goes into administration because there is no one willing to buy it.

We will have to if we go into Administration. The administrators' job would be to get as much money as possible from the business by selling the assets. In a football club, this would be done by selling the big players.

A business normally goes into administration because there is no one willing to buy it.

Torres and Gerrard with LFC is more of an attractive buy than without.

That wouldn't be in their interests though. They could raise more money by selling the club than selling the players individually.

And in answer to 'Mutley' who I think tried to neg me this morning, I'm posting it on the offal to see other people's views and raise awareness, you mongrel.

Torres and Gerrard with LFC is more of an attractive buy than without.

BEFORE going into administration, yes.

But, if we can't find any buyers and if we go into administration, the main job of the administrators will be to protect the bank's interests. This means getting as much money as possible from the business by selling the assets. RBS will ask the administrators to get their money back first. Once they get the money back, any extra money will be paid off to the affected parties - eg., the two cunts if they have put up any deposit.

Something needs to be done this weekend, definately, we've been sat on our hands recently and things have drifted.

Last home game of the season, second place 99% in the bag - nothing that we do will put the players out of their stride.

Demo before, at half time, and at full time.

We need to remind the tumors that they ain't welcome.

Even if RBS didn't renew the loan (& why wouldn't they?) it wouldn't make a blind bit of difference.

The worst of the financial crises is now past us (look at bank share prices, Libor/OIS rates or any number of measures which suggest there is now sufficient liquidity in the system) but there is a shortage of decent places (both people who want more debt & ones who can pay it back)for the banks to lend that cash.

The Yanks want cash & have the Sky TV rights backing us up.

There would now be a queue of people wanting to lend to them.

Even if RBS didn't renew the loan (& why wouldn't they?) it wouldn't make a blind bit of difference.

The worst of the financial crises is now past us (look at bank share prices, Libor/OIS rates or any number of measures which suggest there is now sufficient liquidity in the system) but there is a shortage of decent places (both people who want more debt & ones who can pay it back)for the banks to lend that cash.

The Yanks want cash & have the Sky TV rights backing us up.

There would now be a queue of people wanting to lend to them.

Aye. Thinking about it, I think it would actually be better for us if RBS extend the loan for 6 months and ask for lots of deposits/guarantees. Once they put these, there is a good chance the next bank (after 6 months) will ask for similar guarantees knowing the cunts paid x amount of deposit and x amount of guarantees to RBS. At least the club won't get saddled with the whole debt.

I want to see the back of the two cunts obviously but I'm trying to get positives out of the situation.

Have not read the res of the thread just the first page yet, but the thing that stuck me was that maybe the decision to not have any protestes inside the ground this season after the chat with Rafa was not such a good idea after all.

Its pretty easy to belive those "outside" the core fan base might think the issue with the owners are just a minority.

To get a reaction you need action and some proper action as well.

You can’t sell anyone unless they want to go! They have a contract! They can cancel the contract but that would require compensation to the player and he would effectively be a free agent and the club would receive no money. Therefore, administrators can only sell players who want to leave or are willing to leave.