You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Battle for Middle Earth

Redder Lurtz

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IfitadnerbinferthecheatingshithouseFrench cunts, there would be no Garlic, no fucking manbags and no male grooming in this country.

All I know is that I would have been ace with my trusty Axe in that shield wall. I will always be a Catholic, Northern Saxon man and France will always be a Godless land inhabitated by utter cunts to a man.

Quite a bizarre thought to consider is that having populated England and bred themselves into the English gene pool and social fabric, they then went to war with themselves. Fucknuts.

That's the French for you mate.

At Hastings me, you, Noos and Dougie Doins would have been in the frontline with a shield and an Axe while Leeson would have been hiding up a tree with his shit Norman boyband haircut blarting and pissing his designer chainmail jockey shorts.

Guest The Chimp
Not wanting to be a history bore here but the Norman aristocrats were not actually proper french but rather of Viking descent. The french got pissed off with their raiding they gave them the land

Aye. If I recollect properly, William's grandfather was actually Scandinavian/Viking.

Anywhere I can watch this on-line? Obviously don't get this here.

It was a close thing, but the nasty, snail eating, garlic chewing, cheating shithousery of the cuntish French won the day.

Yeah, only because thay cheated though. If they'd played the game and not tempted the English off their hill they'd have got their arses kicked eventually. I think.

The guy who played the main part, the saxon guy. What have I seen him in before? He was very good I thought.

One of the main guys was in the first two series of Skins. The hard saxon guy has been in everything form eastenders years ago to virtualy small parts in every uk show known to man.

One of the main guys was in the first two series of Skins. The hard saxon guy has been in everything form eastenders years ago to virtualy small parts in every uk show known to man.

That's him. Although I'm no viewer of soaps so I must have seen him in minor roles. Ta.

I enjoyed it as I like history based around that age. I did think the production was a little weak at times though especially in the battle scenes. The battles where pretty epic and I felt the production didn’t quite capture that and left it looking slightly cheap at times.

I enjoyed it as I like history based around that age. I did think the production was a little weak at times though especially in the battle scenes. The battles where pretty epic and I felt the production didn’t quite capture that and left it looking slightly cheap at times.

Yeah but it was made on a budget. That was fairly clear from the outset. It wasn't a hollywood blockbuster. Even taking into account the low budget I though it was the best thing I've seen on tv for a long time.

I'd be curious to know if there's ever been a large budget production made about 1066. And if not, why not? This year would be an ideal time, to commemorate the 943rd anniversary. That said, it would have to be fucking good to beat what what's just been on. I hope that wins some awards of some kind.

I'd loved to have been there. I'd have been scared witless but fuelled on adrenalin and camerarderie I'd have taken out some of those bastards with my axe before I went down. And with any luck they'd have thought I'd died and put my shield over me like that jammy bastard who buggered off to Wales at the end.

I love that period in history too. It was a massive couple of hundred years or so from 1066 to the 14th century. From mud huts and wooden ramparts to fucking great impenetrable stone castles in a very short time relatively speaking.

Fuck missed them both. My surname comes from the area in France where many of the fighters came from. Good old French. That's why we like baguettes and cheese.

Get on 4 On Demand Thants.

Are you going to watch it with a French scarf on?