You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

I don't get how you guys would watch Corrie, there's an endless queue of stuff I've still not watched that I'd want to get through other than watching that.

I don't watch it religiously, maybe once or twice a week if it's on. It is watchable though and unless you've got Sky - which I haven't - there's knob-all on anyway, except maybre re-runs of You've Been Framed.

There's nothing left in my 'must watch' list, everything I'm likely to enjoy has already been consumed, except maybe season 3 of Sons of Anarchy which I'll have to wait a long time for. I don't do this downloading shite.

• 2 months later...
New Chinese character, yes please!

Bit racist though, apparently she will refer to all the characters at first by the meals they order from her Chinese restaraunt (seriously).

Check out the Mirror, the Barlow the sly old dog is rattling a weather girl.

Would post it myself but I'm out on*f related drinking manoeuvres

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Two million viewers have turned off in recent months apparently. Not enough Ken for my liking.

article-1385133-0BE8C5AE00000578-674_468x666.jpg

CORRIE boss Phil Collinson yesterday defended the soap against criticism from viewers bored with its plotlines.

And he also said former EastEnders star Michelle Collins’ northern accent was “brilliant”, despite a wave of *derision from fans.

The producer and the soap’s big-name *addition appeared on ITV1’s This Morning after viewers complained storylines were too drawn out and some old guard actors claimed they were being sidelined.

But it was Michelle’s dodgy accent as new Rovers landlady Stella Price that was the focus of pregnant host Jenni Faulkner – who is standing in for Holly Willoughby.

She left the 50-year-old mum-of-one furious when she asked: “I don’t mean to be rude to you Michelle, but there are people in my area who don’t think the accent’s great.

“Is there any point that you might think, let’s accept it, a lot of people are saying it’s not right, let’s drop it?”

Michelle’s annoyance was clear as she stared at the studio floor, but close friend Collinson leapt to her defence. He said: “We couldn’t say a character started with a northern accent and suddenly change.

“We are really happy with Michelle’s performance and character. We have storylines planned for this family right through next year. I think Michelle’s accent is brilliant.”

Michelle said: “It wasn’t my choice to do the accent, I had to do it. I’m an actor. I’ve done lots of other jobs where I’ve had accents as well.”

“Normally I’m quite dignified. I think, ‘I’ll just sit back and it’ll go away’ but it hasn’t gone away.”

Michelle insisted she had not been hurt by Jenni’s jibe. She added: “I’m a big girl, and I’m tough. But I’m quite bewildered by it and it’s slightly unfair as *Coronation Street have made me very welcome. People among the cast haven’t complained.”

The show’s average *audience so far this year is 9.8million but last week it only managed 7.1million viewers. Some believe it has too many gay characters in major storylines, such as Sean Tully (Antony Cotton).

But Collinson said: “There is no gay agenda. We’re just telling stories about love. Audiences want that.”