You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Should Rafa have congratulated Fergie

Brownie

Should Rafa have congratulated Fergie?  

279 members have voted

1. 1. Should Rafa have congratulated Fergie?

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Those who want respect, give respect. You're talking about a group of fans who sing 'who are ya?' to championship sides they meet in League Cup campaigns, and a manager who pathologically WILL NOT give credit to anything achieved by Liverpool Football Club.

The mancs - along with the chavs - exist outside the normal rules of footballing respect, they don't give it, and they don't deserve it.

Guest The Chimp

There's no bitterness here. You don't keep on giving a bully respect or turning the other cheek. You fight back and tell him to fuck the fuck off. Rafa's done that, Kenny would have done the same. Ferguson is a total and utter cunt. More power to Benitez for me.

Why do you think it would have helped us, Brownie? I would have thought it will have no impact either way, though you could make the counter argument that by maintaining the viewpoint he has had since halfway through the season, that he is fostering the classic Us vs The World siege mentality.

I think it would have helped us for next season. I've woken up today, had a look on the net and there's several articles about how ungracious our manager is in defeat.

Now we all know that the media aren't the greatest of fans when it comes to Rafa anyway, and this just puts more pressure on him. In the future when he's shown a lack of respect then I don't see how we can complain about it because this type of thing doesn't help him.

The speech he made about Fergie ended up coming back to bite us in the arse a bit as well as everyone was singing, 'Rafa's cracing up' and we were ridiculed for it; we also won nothing so it obviously didn't help.

I'm only interested in what helps us and I personally don't think that this does. I have no problem with Rafa taking him on, but when you come out in second place you should congratulate the winner and move on. If we win the title next season, Fergie won't congratulate Rafa and there will be a lot of two-faced people criticising him for it, IMO.

We really are bitter aren't we?

What happened to being fiercely competitive during the battle but then acting like a man when it's over? Just because Fergie is a cunt does not mean that we have to stoop to a lower level.

I know that Fergie is a cunt and I know that he has previous with all of this but I think it would help us if Rafa had congratulated him yesterday and that's all that i'm arsed about.

So you ask for everyones opinion, and then dismiss their opinions as bitternes! and the irony being you are criticising Rafa for not kowtowing to shittyarse, why don't you follow YOUR OWN ADVICE and accept what the rest of us think without dismissing it as being bitter, why don't you try rising above us without dismissing us as rafalites!

If we win the title next season, Fergie won't congratulate Rafa and there will be a lot of two-faced people criticising him for it, IMO.

I don't actually think anyone will do that. Firstly, we'll all be too drunk to care, and I think there's probably another reason as well, but mainly the drinking.

Guest RafaIsRafa

Wow, the hatred for Rafa by some is getting completely out of control. Just a few weeks ago Ferguson and Allardyce launched a joint media attack on our manager and now he's expected by some of our own fans to turn around and lick Fergusons arse? Fucking hell. I despair.

I genuinely believe some people on here spend 15hours plus a day on newsnow waiting for any Rafa quote to come through and dissect every little word to find something to have a go at, it's absolutely pathetic.

That along with the stuff they have saved in microsoft word to repeat every day.

"Lucas is evil"

"Rafa done this wrong"

"Kuyt isnt good enough"

And a load of patronising and condescending putdowns if you dare disagree.

I know that Fergie is a cunt and I know that he has previous with all of this but I think it would help us if Rafa had congratulated him yesterday and that's all that i'm arsed about.

Helped how Brownie? Make SKY like us? Keep Ferguson happy? Name the other managers that said well done (apart from Fat Sam and Brown). I wonder if United will let Hull have the points they need on Sunday? I wonder . . . .

Guest RafaIsRafa
Fergie won't congratulate Rafa and there will be a lot of two-faced people criticising him for it, IMO.

And rather than celebrating the title win you'd be on here having at go at our manager no doubt.

I don't think he should have congratulated United but when asked the question about why they beat us to the title something along the lines of "we, as a team made mistakes. We'll learn from them and come back stronger next year" would have been the dignified way to deal with things. That's what we had once, dignity.

Saying they spend more money than we do is just fucking small-time.

I think it would have helped us for next season. I've woken up today, had a look on the net and there's several articles about how ungracious our manager is in defeat.

Now we all know that the media aren't the greatest of fans when it comes to Rafa anyway, and this just puts more pressure on him. In the future when he's shown a lack of respect then I don't see how we can complain about it because this type of thing doesn't help him.

The speech he made about Fergie ended up coming back to bite us in the arse a bit as well as everyone was singing, 'Rafa's cracing up' and we were ridiculed for it; we also won nothing so it obviously didn't help.

I'm only interested in what helps us and I personally don't think that this does. I have no problem with Rafa taking him on, but when you come out in second place you should congratulate the winner and move on. If we win the title next season, Fergie won't congratulate Rafa and there will be a lot of two-faced people criticising him for it, IMO.

I'm not saying i can't see your point but i think that both you and the media are blowing it up out of proportions. Fact is rafa congratulated manure for winning the title, what more does he need to say? I've never heard ginsoak congratulate any manager for winning something instead of him, in fact normally he doesn't do an interview at all and just goes into hiding. If the media want to slate rafa then good on them, but we all the know the media are two faced wankers when it comes to fergie and the only opinion rafa cares about is liverpool and its fans. If you think rafa is going to lose one ounce of sleep over the media slating him for his comments then you truely do underestimate our manager. It will be forgotten about by next week anyway.

So you ask for everyones opinion, and then dismiss their opinions as bitternes! and the irony being you are criticising Rafa for not kowtowing to shittyarse, why don't you follow YOUR OWN ADVICE and accept what the rest of us think without dismissing it as being bitter, why don't you try rising above us without dismissing us as rafalites!

It's only the way I see it and I could well be wrong! Fucking hell this place is full of touchy whoppers, you can't fucking say anything! (that's also just my opinion!)

I think it's an interesting topic for debate.

I don't think he should have congratulated United but when asked the question about why they beat us to the title something along the lines of "we, as a team made mistakes. We'll learn from them and come back stronger next year" would have been the dignified way to deal with things. That's what we had once, dignity.

Saying they spend more money than we do is just fucking small-time.

Well considering that is what he did say! you have done well to focus solely on the bit that helps paint Rafa as a twat.

You know what, looking back through the thread, where have I said anything bad about Rafa at all?

I've said that I would have preferred him to have congratulated Fergie and that's it, yet there's people insinuating that I think he's a twat?!

Never praise your enemy. It's a fucking battle. The time for cock sucking is after retirement. The failure to acknowledge his achievements keeps the battle fresh. Until next time, you bullying, two-faced, Fat Sam-boning, purple-nosed prick.

I agree with that apart from the cock sucking bit.

It's only the way I see it and I could well be wrong! Fucking hell this place is full of touchy whoppers, you can't fucking say anything! (that's also just my opinion!)

I think it's an interesting topic for debate.

You are right it was a realy good post, Sorry, but you were a bit condescending dismissing anyone who disagreed with you as bitters, esp since you asked. Sorry, that is what I had issue with.