You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Munchy Box

kingkenny78

15 minutes ago, Mook said:

My brother in law buys munchy boxes from the chippy & he is one seriously fat bastard.

Up there with those deep fried kebabs they sell in Glasgow, the scruffy heart attack cunts.

I like pizza, Indian and Turkish food as much as the next person. However, munchy boxes usually consist of poor quality food - frozen pizza, chips, onion rings, cheap meat, etc. They tend to be sold by jack of all trades, masters of none places, that have zero passion for food and often little regard for the safety of their customers.

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

This is the 1st time I've seen this thread. I'm surprised nobody has mentioned the salt & pepper munchie boxes from the Chinese all over the city. 

This picture doesn't do it justice, but this is the one from one of my local chippies. 

Screenshot_20210330-141023.jpg

I’d rather have that in individual containers. Cardboard pizza boxes are terrible for retaining heat.

That said, whilst I can eat it, I’ve never really been a fan of Chinese Food and much prefer traditional fish and chips.

4 minutes ago, Tony Moanero said:

I’d much rather have that in individual containers. Cardboard pizza boxes are terrible for retaining heat.

That said, whilst I can eat it, I’ve never really been a fan of Chinese Food and prefer traditional fish and chips.

I love Chinese and I love salt & pepper. The one I posted above actually has containers for the rice and noodle and then puts them in the pizza box. You're right though, they're not great at retaining heat. 

15 hours ago, Tony Moanero said:

I like pizza, Indian and Turkish food as much as the next person. However, munchy boxes usually consist of poor quality food - frozen pizza, chips, onion rings, cheap meat, etc. They tend to be sold by jack of all trades, masters of none places, that have zero passion for food and often little regard for the safety of their customers.

Yep, about 99% of takeaways do them round here- they all have a menu about 2 miles long doing every type of food under the sun. The other common factor is that they might as well serve the mounds of cheap, bland fried then reheated shit they sell in buckets as it's all swill.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Tony Moanero said:

I’d rather have that in individual containers. Cardboard pizza boxes are terrible for retaining heat.

That said, whilst I can eat it, I’ve never really been a fan of Chinese Food and much prefer traditional fish and chips.

Same here Tony- this took some getting through on Saturday just gone

image.png

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, Dave D said:

Same here Tony- this took some getting through on Saturday just gone

image.png

I’d demolish that. Mushy peas, too. I’ve not had decent fish and chips since the summer of 2018. Is that pepper on the chips?

Fish, chips and mushy peas. Battered sausage and a carton of curry on the side. Can of Lilt.

• Upvote 1

51 minutes ago, Tony Moanero said:

I’d demolish that. Mushy peas, too. I’ve not had decent fish and chips since the summer of 2018. Is that pepper on the chips?

Fish, chips and mushy peas. Battered sausage and a carton of curry on the side. Can of Lilt.

Pepper is lovely but that plate is missing curry draped over the fish and chips.

• Upvote 2

Curry sauce with chips? Up there with pineapple on pizza and beans on fry-ups. Why mix Indian food with a completely different food. What next? Ravioli on chicken chow mein?

10 minutes ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

Curry sauce with chips? Up there with pineapple on pizza and beans on fry-ups. Why mix Indian food with a completely different food. What next? Ravioli on chicken chow mein?

It's a staple of the English diet.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

A carton of curry is the spicy equivalent of gravy. Its a thick spicy gravy,in other words.

3 hours ago, Tony Moanero said:

The pot of curry sauce was out of shot- as pointed out by many, its a must. Along with lots of salt and vinegar and black pepper aplenty