You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Edinburgh

4 minutes ago, Redder Lurtz said:

My courier career mate. Been round Dundee all afto. Edinburgh tomorrow.  Made geographical sense to stop here overnight. Fuck all else makes sense though. 

Burntisland is ok to be fair, couple of decent boozers although I forget their names. The one by the station was always sound when I was in.

Should be a good virgin sacrifice at the beach later on as well.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Mook said:

Burntisland is ok to be fair, couple of decent boozers although I forget their names. The one by the station was always sound when I was in.

Should be a good virgin sacrifice at the beach later on as well.

I've been in The Crown. Now in The Silver Lady. No real ale anywhere but on the plus side nobody's punched me yet. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Nelly-Torres said:

This is meant to be one of the main head-the-balls behind all the nonce-sense at the castle tonight. 

Never mind the Magna Carta, it's the "treaty of niece" that you really want to be worried about! 

Screenshot_20210818_000431.jpg

WTAF?

49 minutes ago, Nelly-Torres said:

This is meant to be one of the main head-the-balls behind all the nonce-sense at the castle tonight. 

Never mind the Magna Carta, it's the "treaty of niece" that you really want to be worried about! 

Screenshot_20210818_000431.jpg

Is Magna Carter any relation to Jimmy or Get ?

• Upvote 1

I love how the QAnon lot are almost completely out of breath whenever they’re filming themselves talking to police. They’re obviously bricking it. Their moment has finally come and they’re falling apart with nerves. 

Reminds me of how I act in supermarket car parks when I get into rows with pensioners over their use of parent and child bays. 

• Upvote 3

14 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

I love how the QAnon lot are almost completely out of breath whenever they’re filming themselves talking to police. They’re obviously bricking it. Their moment has finally come and they’re falling apart with nerves. 

Reminds me of how I act in supermarket car parks when I get into rows with pensioners over their use of parent and child bays. 

You and rico are accomplices. You give him a motive to turn off their energy supplies. 

• 1 month later...

Away from this mental stuff, I’m heading to Edinburgh this evening for a couple of nights away with my missus and my little girl. 

we’ve pretty much got our day and a half of stuff to do planned, including a free Harry Potter themed walking tour and a trip to camera obscura, but I’m seeking some local knowledge…

Around 5:30 tomorrow I’d like to settle down for a bit of dinner. Somewhere nice to eat, not too expensive and most importantly where there will be an English sporting event involving bees on the telly.

any suggestions?

1 hour ago, Bob Spunkmouse said:

Away from this mental stuff, I’m heading to Edinburgh this evening for a couple of nights away with my missus and my little girl. 

we’ve pretty much got our day and a half of stuff to do planned, including a free Harry Potter themed walking tour and a trip to camera obscura, but I’m seeking some local knowledge…

Around 5:30 tomorrow I’d like to settle down for a bit of dinner. Somewhere nice to eat, not too expensive and most importantly where there will be an English sporting event involving bees on the telly.

any suggestions?

Having your wee girl could cause issues in terms of watching the game & I'm not sure you'll be able to watch the game & eat anywhere regardless. Here are some suggestions...

For the game (all within 10mins walk from Princes St):-

The Ballie (Stockbridge)

The Antiquary (Stockbridge - a few doors down from The Ballie)

The Cask & Barrell (Broughton St)

I would call ahead about eating & getting children in.

For food:-

Lasal (Tapas - opposite The Playhouse)

Mother India (Indian tapas - just of South Bridge)

The Apiary (Newington)

If your daughter is fussy, there are a rake of chain restaurants in The Omni centre & the new St James Quarter.

Sorry I couldn't be more help but watching the game in town has become a bit of a pain due to good pubs shutting down or not being able to afford Sky. 

Let me know if you need anything else. Camera Obscura is great btw.

• Upvote 1