You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer '09 Transfer Speculation Thread

Gray - YPC

Do you race all our transfer targets?

The Spanish press were seriously slating him, saying he was just a goal hanger and couldn't contribute beyond goals. Football today can't afford to carry those type of players apparently. Similar is of course being said about Michael Owen.

When I look at how fluid our front 4 was at the tail end of the season, I can see the point about how that type of player could end up being a hindrance.

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Huntelaar wouldn't be a bad capture if he wasn't expensive. Remember, Real bought him in January for a fair bit of dosh. He is a pretty instinctive finisher and was a target for the those cunts for a few years, before they blew a load of cash on Berbatov.

Football365 saying that Villa would only join Liverpool if he went to England. (Torres, Benitez, and the spanish contingent)

They also saying that Man City are going to pay, and are close to a deal, £17m for Roque Santa Cruz. (Last year called, they want their transfer speculation back)

The Spanish press were seriously slating him, saying he was just a goal hanger and couldn't contribute beyond goals. Football today can't afford to carry those type of players apparently. Similar is of course being said about Michael Owen.

When I look at how fluid our front 4 was at the tail end of the season, I can see the point about how that type of player could end up being a hindrance.

You are making a good point here.

Guest simon

It would cost more than Ronaldo to buy him as well. Aswell being the best Keeper in the world he is a all round top bloke and any one would love to go on the piss with him what he can do for teams is worth more.

Barce are like "Join us Pepe" and Pepe's like "been there done that kthanxbye" and Rafa's like "no fucking way dudes lmao" and Pepe and Rafa are like laughing at Barce.

".........and this is my United States of whatever...................."

Catalan paper 'sport' is saying that mascherano's agent is at the nou camp today discussing a move to barca.

He's a little cunt if he goes there. I think he's more loyal than that though. So he'll stay.

He's a little cunt if he goes there. I think he's more loyal than that though. So he'll stay.

Maybe his agent just wants a pay day.

If he wants to leave we should make him hand in a transfer request. Same with Alonso.

Mascherano wasn't even in West Ham's team when Rafa got him. He should remember that.

Guest RafaIsRafa

It sounds like its his tart thats the problem. And while it's easy to say "He earns the money she should shut the fuck up", life isnt that simple. There were rumours she hasnt been living in England for months a little while back.

No idea if thats true or not but family should come first, whether you earn 10k a year or 10m.

Guest RafaIsRafa
Catalan paper 'sport' is saying that mascherano's agent is at the nou camp today discussing a move to barca.

Cant find anything on there about that.

Edit : found it.

Dodgy trans

Reunion MascheranoUno by the player's agents arrived in Barcelona on Tuesday and is expected to meet Wednesday at the Camp Nou with Txiki

MORE

Messi wants to see Mascherano dress BarçaSport.es According RAC1 advanced on Tuesday, the name of Javier Mascherano was already on the table in the offices of the club and is one of the agents Javier Mascherano would have come to Barcelona to meet this Wednesday the offices of the club.

The agents have traveled to meet today with Txiki Begiristain to discuss the topic by the player. From the moment Liverpool would have received an offer for the player whose operation could Cameroonian player Samuel Eto'o.

Maybe his agent just wants a pay day.

If he wants to leave we should make him hand in a transfer request. Same with Alonso.

Mascherano wasn't even in West Ham's team when Rafa got him. He should remember that.

Exactly. KJ also said that we were by far the biggest team in for him, so where would he be now if it wasn't for us? Apparently, the other notable team in for him was Lazio. Fucking Lazio.

Hes seen as one of the best defensive midfielders in the world now, and a lot of that is down to Rafa.

If he bailed now, just when we need him most, then i'd be very hurt.

On the subject of his wife leaving - his wife left a long time ago, and Mascherano has never ever said to Rafa that he was having problems (going by interviews by Rafa and Masch since she left).

Would Masch leave if it was Athletic Bilbao after him? I doubt it very much.

Family does indeed come first but theres no doubt that the real lure is the fact that it's Barca in for him.

PS Sheik Mohammed on BBC1, i swear i've just seen him. At the Ascot, or whatever it's called.

It sounds like its his tart thats the problem. And while it's easy to say "He earns the money she should shut the fuck up", life isnt that simple. There were rumours she hasnt been living in England for months a little while back.

No idea if thats true or not but family should come first, whether you earn 10k a year or 10m.

Maybe he should get a new family rather than a new club? Must be a few nice scourse girls willing to cheer him up at the moment?:whistle:

Guest simon
Cant find anything on there about that.

Edit : found it.

Dodgy trans

Reunion MascheranoUno by the player's agents arrived in Barcelona on Tuesday and is expected to meet Wednesday at the Camp Nou with Txiki

MORE

Messi wants to see Mascherano dress BarçaSport.es According RAC1 advanced on Tuesday, the name of Javier Mascherano was already on the table in the offices of the club and is one of the agents Javier Mascherano would have come to Barcelona to meet this Wednesday the offices of the club.

The agents have traveled to meet today with Txiki Begiristain to discuss the topic by the player. From the moment Liverpool would have received an offer for the player whose operation could Cameroonian player Samuel Eto'o.

Could be for Tevez as they are linked.

Guest simon

Liverpool set to win race for £15million midfielder? - Fansfc

Liverpool set to win race for £15million midfielder?

Liverpool Football Club could pip a host of rivals to sign Steven Defour.

The Standard Liege midfielder has been heavily linked with a move to England in recent months, with Arsenal, Aston Villa and Everton all said to be interested.

However, it is believed Rafael Benitez wants to take the 21-year-old playmaker, who already has 20 caps for Belgium, in a deal which could cost as much as £15million.

Defour impressed against the Anfield club in the UEFA Champions League last season, and he is said to want to make the Premier League his home from next term onwards.