You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer '09 Transfer Speculation Thread

Gray - YPC

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/drill...90614-1327.htm

"Liverpool Football Club has today released the following statement.

"Despite repeated media speculation on the futures of Xabi Alonso and Javier Mascherano, Liverpool has received no official approach or offer from any club regarding the players.

"Neither are for sale and furthermore Liverpool has no interest in the long list of Spanish based players being linked with a move to Anfield as part of any deal." "

Apologies if this has already been posted!

Well i guess those rumours are blown away then,sorry Chris ;)

LIVERPOOL FC OFFICIAL STATEMENT

Paul Eaton 14 June 2009

Liverpool Football Club has today released the following statement.

"Despite repeated media speculation on the futures of Xabi Alonso and Javier Mascherano, Liverpool has received no official approach or offer from any club regarding the players.

"Neither are for sale and furthermore Liverpool has no interest in the long list of Spanish based players being linked with a move to Anfield as part of any deal."

I can't really remember the last time we've ever made an official statement like this on players?? Strange one. Oh well guess we know where the club stands on the matter now.

The last time was the last time Mascherano was linked with a move! Benitez really doesn't want to lose him.

"Neither are for sale and furthermore Liverpool has no interest in the long list of Spanish based players being linked with a move to Anfield as part of any deal."

"Neither is for sale and furthermore Liverpool has no interest in the long list of Spanish based players being linked with a move to Anfield as part of any deal."

I find it a bit weird this statement has been made, thought we would just ignore it, not sure what to make of it really

I can't really remember the last time we've ever made an official statement like this on players?? Strange one. Oh well guess we know where the club stands on the matter now.

maybe they're sick and tired of the usual suspects spreading malicious rumours and want to nip it in the bud before the hysterics get out of hand.

All this specualtion about losing our two midfield class acts is making me really appreciate them even more, and adds to me really wanting to keep this current squad together while adding one or two players, i just think Rafa is going to pull something special out the hat. IN RAFA WE TRUST

Still think Alonso might leave for a big fee but I'm sure rafa will be able to talk Masch into staying for at least one more season. Rafa would never let them both leave. I think a lot may depend on whether or not we sign Johnson. If we get him we may be forced to sell Xabi in order to strengthen other areas.

Shame we're not in for Negredo. I think he'll be a star in the future.

yes exactly that, neither are for sale and only a cash offer will do.

I really hope this comes to and end one way or another very soon! its doing my head in:wallbutt: saying that we are in a good position in terms of negotiating, i still believe we will see a bid of some sort from Real Madrid, and if its between 30-35 million i think we will see Rafa accepting that, i cant actually think of a suitable replacement for Xabi thats the worrying thing, you cant go out and get Iniesta,Fabregas,Xavi. If we do get that sort of money it would give us extra options in the transfer market but all our potential targets may have already been signed by moneybags Citeh or Chelsea so this needs to be sorted quickly, either for Xabi to come out and finally put it to bed or for Madrid to come in with an offer...arghhh!

I would still personally love Xabi to come out and say im here to stay so fuck off Real Madrid :yes:

Liverpool dont say anything about speculation: ''HOLY SHIT, its so quiet, something MUST be going on. Rafa is a twat, why can't he just come out and say he wants them to stay?''

Liverpool make an official statement about speculation: ''HOLY SHIT, this is unusual, they MUST be going, Bascunt says so''

This thread is full of nervous wrecks.

I would have preferred a statement along the lines of...

"Liverpool Football Club would like to ask Barcelona and Real Madrid to fuck off and stick their shite Spanish reserves up their arse. Masch and The Bearded One are not for sale at any price so wind your cocks in, you shower of cunts.

P.S. Thanks for beating the Mancs"

If we lost The Chief as well it'd be a disaster. I would give serious consideration to re-signing Momo to be honest. He seems to have developed some impetus at Juve. Perhaps he could bring it back but like Toure, he'd be off to the African nations every other year. No thanks. Essien and the like are out of our budget. I'd like Lassana Diarra to be honest but I doubt he'd be getting sold any time soon because he's quality.

Obviously not a quick fix, but if Mascherano leaves I'd really like Rafa to sign Moussa Sissoko. I rate him very highly, and I think he can be the new Makelele. I'd also want a more ready-made replacement, somone like L.Cana or L.Diarra.

Edited by Liverpoolway

I am delighted wth this statement, well done to the club it should put us far more at ease.

Our centre midfield is awesome and we should not want to lose either of Mascherano or Alonso.

that statement is excellent but it doesn't mean the players won't still push for the move and we need to make sure they're happy. Man Utd never wanted to sell Ronaldo, what can you do.

like when they sold him last summer you mean?

i doubt xabi and masch would rock the boat as much as that greasy self obsessed cunt.

let them push. the injustice might spur them on. if we win the title they have my blessing to fuck off.

Not that this deserves a new thread....

But I wasn't sure where to put this, nor did I want it to get lost in a 80 odd page Xabi thread....

Mods please delete if this has already been posted.....

In any case its a curious statement from the club and I would have preferred to hear this from Rafa.

"Neither is for sale and furthermore Liverpool has no interest in the long list of Spanish based players being linked with a move to Anfield as part of any deal."