You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer '09 Transfer Speculation Thread

Gray - YPC

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Johnson is class.

EDIT: hes just put in another class cross. 2 assists tonight. He'd be a great buy if he came.

For 16 million?

For 16 million?

We need a fullback. If you could tell me somebody as good (in an attacking sence) who wont cost alot, be my guest.

Sometimes you have to pay premium - I think Rafa would get him for less than 16m though. It depends on if he wants to entertain the Chelsea bid, and in my opinion, he won't.

We need a fullback. If you could tell me somebody as good (in an attacking sence) who wont cost alot, be my guest.

Sometimes you have to pay premium - I think Rafa would get him for less than 16m though. It depends on if he wants to entertain the Chelsea bid, and in my opinion, he won't.

I'm not against Johnson coming I just think he would cost a minimum of 15 / 16 million.

Johnson is dodgy when defending.

I think the best purchase for the money, would be Anyukov. Cheap, and better than Johnson, IMO.

Johnson's price tag will be +10m-12m because he's English for the Champions League restrictions.

This is the real reason why we need to buy Johnson, unfortunately. We've got Carragher and Gerrard... and... and... Anyone, anyone? Bueller? Bueller?

I think the best purchase for the money, would be Anyukov. Cheap, and better than Johnson, IMO.

Johnson's price tag will be +10m-12m because he's English for the Champions League restrictions.

This is the real reason why we need to buy Johnson, unfortunately. We've got Carragher and Gerrard... and... and... Anyone, anyone? Bueller? Bueller?

Very much doubt Johson would cost anymore than £9m after he just signed his new contract :whistle:

I think we need an attacking right back at home against the weaker opposition that come to Anfield.

I'm just not sure I'd like to see us spend 15 million on one.

Having said that Rafa is a superb defensive coach and I do think he could turn Johnson into a top defender with a little work on the training ground.

Naughton has tie on his hands but Johnson has shown much more maturity to his play than Richards ever has. I was never a fan of Johnson, in fact i thought he was fucking shite at Chelsea. Whereas Richards has regressed a great deal, Johnson has progressed massively. His defensive side still needs work but its much better than what it was.

IMO he'd be a very good signing. As always though on the proviso it doesn't affect us bringing in the top notch player we need for the left side of attack

Anyukov and zhirkov would sort the flanks out i reckon

Johnson is shit. That was obvious at both West Ham and Chelsea, and it hasn't changed dramatically at Portsmouth. Indeed, when I see him play for England, it's pretty clear that he's the Rob Green of the right-back world - in other words, the least-bad option available in his position in the short term...

loads of pace. no defensive footballing brain whatsoever. File under Micah Richards

Naughton can defend much better than Johnson, he loves a tackle.

I've seen quite a bit of him these season and he's a prospect.

Get him in and alternate between him and Arbeloa.

Johnson though it must be said would make me happy all the same.

Naughton can defend much better than Johnson, he loves a tackle.

I've seen quite a bit of him these season and he's a prospect.

Get him in and alternate between him and Arbeloa.

Johnson though it must be said would make me happy all the same.

You think Naughton's ready for top-flight football?