You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer '09 Transfer Speculation Thread

Gray - YPC

Ireland is nothing like Kuyt, beyond the fact both are incredibly ugly.

I beg to differ. They both play on the right yet neither is a winger, they both have great work rate, they both weigh in with goals and they are both unselfish players whom those around them appreciate. They are also both less fashionable players in their respective teams that have become an important part of their setup.

The difference (and reason I say Ireland is better) is because Ireland is much more technically gifted and does not only look not out of place in a team with Robinho and Elano but he actually looks better than them most days. He also has a great knack of arriving at the right time in the box. To be honest I think Ireland is one of the best right sided players in the world and it took me a while to come to that pov with him being such an idiot previously.

Another reason Ireland is a special player is because while being technically gifted enough to shine alongside Robinho and co, he also has the direct inherit abilities such as pace and power to play a more straight forward game and in this way he reminds me a lot of Gerrard. Few players combine the two as well.

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't see much wrong with the Audi and I'm told the Range Rover being pink had something to do with cancer awareness thought that might be something made up by his fans.

The bigger issue is him blagging his gran died so he could go out on the ale. Since that time however he has sorted his head out according to friends, family and colleagues and it shows both on and off the pitch.

The biggest issue was that wig he wore last season. Glad he got rid of that.

I beg to differ. They both play on the right yet neither is a winger, they both have great work rate, they both weigh in with goals and they are both unselfish players whom those around them appreciate. They are also both less fashionable players in their respective teams that have become an important part of their setup.

The difference (and reason I say Ireland is better) is because Ireland is much more technically gifted and does not only look not out of place in a team with Robinho and Elano but he actually looks better than them most days. He also has a great knack of arriving at the right time in the box. To be honest I think Ireland is one of the best right sided players in the world and it took me a while to come to that pov with him being such an idiot previously.

I was referring to style of play really. They are as different as Yossi and Kuyt in that regard, but yes, they obviously play in similar positions etc.

He's the young player of the year but he's nothing like Dirk.

Kuyt is a great big dutch tank that suffocates defenders and wanders into the box to make the 3 at the front while Ireland is the third-largest island in Europe.

He's the young player of the year but he's nothing like Dirk.

Kuyt is a great big dutch tank that suffocates defenders and wanders into the box to make the 3 at the front while Ireland is the third-largest island in Europe.

And don't forget that he also scores screamers from 20 yards.

I actually wouldn't mind Simao coming is as an alternative option to Silva. Probably a lot cheaper too and can play both wings.

I would. The time to sign Simao has pased for me. Coming straight from Benfica he would have been the answer but now we have moved on and for the difference in prices quoted I would MUCH rather have Silva.

tevez, silva, kuyt and riera for a reported 55 odd million - that is quality imo with serious options in all the slots behind torres especially when you consider what ronaldo and ribery are being touted around for.

Add Barry, a RB and half decent cover for torres and i reckon we have the complete squad and will win the title and will then be in a position to add one top player a year. Tevez should also bring in some serious money on shirt sales.

20 from owners, 20 from xabi and sell 30 mil worth of squad and saved wages - babel, dossenna, itandje, mihaylov, anderson, voronin, hammill, el zhar, hobbs, degen and any others out on loan not doing anything and hyppia and pennant will be off the wage bill

hopefully it's doable and i would love to see -just under 70 mil spent (20 net) for tevez, silva, barry, johnson and santa cruz/bent/pogrebynak/jones/pavluychenko/llorente.

A squad of Reina, Cavalieri, Insua, Aurelio, Carra, Skrtel, Agger, Kelly, Darby, Johnson, Arbeloa, Yossi, Silva, Tevez, Kuyt,Riera, Spearing, Lucas, Barry, Masch, Gerrard, Torres, one of the strikers mentioned above, N'gog, Nemeth and Pacheco would be an awesome 26 man squad imo with the english quota filled.

All dreams and guesswork and not taking into account signing on fees, image rights and wages but that is what i would do!

Don't see much wrong with the Audi and I'm told the Range Rover being pink had something to do with cancer awareness thought that might be something made up by his fans.

The bigger issue is him blagging his gran died so he could go out on the ale. Since that time however he has sorted his head out according to friends, family and colleagues and it shows both on and off the pitch.

Or go home to be with his wife who had just miscarried...

Same thing really :whistle:

If we signed Tevez I doubt if we'd sign another striker as well. It would be either him or n'gog to replace torres.

I agree and that would worry me as i think the other options are too weak for a 4231 and we don't have the wingers for a 442 and i am not sure there are really any out there good enough for us either

Why won't the Downing rumours ever go away??!!! Atk mentioned something a few weeks ago. Any more news on Downing atk? I'd prefer Adam Johnson myself. He'd be cheaper and within a year or two he'd be much better than Downing could ever be.
Downing's injured, apparently broke his foot against villa, he's going into surgery later on this week, might not recover until Christmas, should make any transfer rumours go away:yes:

for what its worth (which prob isnt much) my brother just did the ultimate anfield exp thing and phil thompson was on it, and he told him that barry,glen johnson and tevez were done deals.i dont believe it but thats what he said.

id say downing,silva are more likely that tevez.

i think kevin doyles worth a punt. now reading dont have a manager he could be picked up at a good price.

the doss,vorinin,babel,lucas (i HOPE,but i doubt),degen,plessis,int#a#ge the twat all to go

Downing's injured, apparently broke his foot against villa, he's going into surgery later on this week, might not recover until Christmas, should make any transfer rumours go away:yes:

hopefully that pushes us towards silva but leaves us with quota problems, i presume the lennon rumours will kick off soon , maybe even bentley rumours too

Or go home to be with his wife who had just miscarried...

Same thing really :whistle:

Didn't know that. If I had I clearly wouldn't have said what I heard.

Why do people have to reply in that manner though when they know something someone else doesn't?

What happened to the idea of just saying what happened without their head up their backside?

No one knows everything, we are all human so why not just say that isn't the case actually mate this is what actually happened....

?

Who has thommo been chatting to then? Would love it if true. I reckon Lucas could make us money if loaned to italy or spain though and i am not sure we would get much for him plus he would need to be replaced. Unless we go for barry, spearing and masch with gerrard dropping back now and again?

I've also heard that the Tevez deal is done, and that swayed Mascher to stay.

But with all these things, I'll only believe it when he's stood next to Rafa holding a LFC scarf.

The photo was already in the Mail wasn't it.

for what its worth (which prob isnt much) my brother just did the ultimate anfield exp thing and phil thompson was on it, and he told him that barry,glen johnson and tevez were done deals.i dont believe it but thats what he said.

id say downing,silva are more likely that tevez.

i think kevin doyles worth a punt. now reading dont have a manager he could be picked up at a good price.

the doss,vorinin,babel,lucas (i HOPE,but i doubt),degen,plessis,int#a#ge the twat all to go

It's officially the start of RAWK silly season again!! At least it has only started in may rather than in january when we're normally out of the league race and have nothing else to talk about...