You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer '09 Transfer Speculation Thread

Gray - YPC

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He was in Turin yesterday, so if some of the big Italian clubs are after him we got no chance because we cant compete money wise.

I know he was singing the praises of juve after it was revealed that they were interested. I'm not convinced he'd be able to handle the premiership, but i hope we get the chance to find out.

I just want us to go for someone that can beat a man regularly and to me that's not silva. He's got a good shot on him though and very good first touch and eye for a threaded pass. But his crossing doesn't seem that great. He'd be a good backup to gerrard though as he can play behind the main striker.

Isn't it???? I've seen him beat his man many a time, that's one of his strengths quick feet and pace.

I wasn't overly impressed with him last summer.

Some excellent touches at times but I was left a bit disappointed by him.

Maybe my expectations were a bit high, I was expecting a Spanish Ronaldo / Messi

Very 'in' and 'out' of games IMO.

I wasn't overly impressed with him last summer.

Some excellent touches at times but I was left a bit disappointed by him.

Maybe my expectations were a bit high, I was expecting a Spanish Ronaldo / Messi

Very 'in' and 'out' of games IMO.

That is very down to his age, IMO... when he reaches his mid/late twenties his consistancy should be there.

To be honest before the Euro's I'd have said the same, but he was outstanding. Also Robinho has convinced me he'll have an impact. Whatever faults Robinho has my biggest fear for him was not being able to handle the physical side of it. They were completely unfounded and gives me hope that with Silva if he has a better attitude would flourish.

Lets hope we can afford him.

I was basing my opinion on the Euro's mainly

Didn't think he was all that.

Personally i have,nt seen enough from him to suggest he will be the player that supporters are craving for. A guy to beat a couple of players, thread a pass through or get to the byline

Having seen him mainly at the Euro,s he just looks more like a link player than anything else. I rarely if ever saw him go by a defender. I can see why Rafa would go for him, he,s sneaky and plays little deft through balls and his technically very good.

He was a good supportiing player. Would,nt be my type of forward.

Of all the top clubs he could go too, i think Rafa would the best coach to get the best out of him. He would have a clear game plan for him and i think he could do well!

Personally i have,nt seen enough from him to suggest he will be the player that supporters are craving for. A guy to beat a couple of players, thread a pass through or get to the byline

Having seen him mainly at the Euro,s he just looks more like a link player than anything else. I rarely if ever saw him go by a defender. I can see why Rafa would go for him, he,s sneaky and plays little deft through balls and his technically very good.

He was a good supportiing player. Would,nt be my type of forward.

Of all the top clubs he could go too, i think Rafa would the best coach to get the best out of him. He would have a clear game plan for him and i think he could do well!

He can do all that and more. His crossing is excellent.

i've never really seen what the hype is about.

From what i've seen, if he was english i dont think he's be rated any higher than downing in that position.

I barely watch la liga though, so maybe i am missing it, but from what i've seen i wouldnt be expecting too much and that fee is too high.

If he says he'll only come here then it'll happen.

He'll speak to all the boys and think about playing with Pepe, Xabi, The Kid as well as El Jefe, Stevie, JC and he'll probably think I fancy some of that.

I'm sure Ballague will be along shortly...

He was in Turin yesterday, so if some of the big Italian clubs are after him we got no chance because we cant compete money wise.

I doubt he was in Turin yesterday as he is currently with the national team in Madrid preparing for the Turkey game on Saturday.

For what it's worth after the friendly against England Morientes was in the Spanish TV studio and the presenter asked him who out of the Spain squad was the most talented. His answer was Silva!

Well as Riera has done on the left, I think Silva would be a definite improvement. He may be small but he's no pushover. Actually he can be a bit nasty if the mood takes him.

Isn't it???? I've seen him beat his man many a time, that's one of his strengths quick feet and pace.
I know he has pace and quick feet but i i haven't seen him beat a man that often...but i hope you're right and i'm wrong on that one.