You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

West Ham Thread

aws

• Replies 512
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The problem with that though, is the fact that Mascherano is already doing it, so you don't really need two players doing the same job.

When Alonso plays, he breaks things up just as much as Lucas did today, but then he also controls the pace of a game, he just dictates it. It's not Lucas' fault he's not as good as Alonso but it's a fact.

The problem is, if Lucas was able to control games like Alonso does, he wouldn't be playing for us. How many players of Xabi's calibre sit on the bench as cover?

You've developed a bit of Rashidtitus, the way you keep harping on about the same thing, over and over again.

Its daft comparing Lucas and Alonso as its obvious Xabi is the better player but don't forget he is in his prime years at the moment whereas Lucas is only 22 and is still learning which is often forgotten..

Alonso was 22 when he first played for us!

Having cost me £140 before I had walked out of the door yesterday, I'd like to give credit were credit is due.

I'm enjoying my football at the moment and long may it continue, Yossi has had a great few months but I think a special mention to Kuyt is needed, playing very well at the minute and looks like a 10m player.

It's a pleasure to go the match these days.

Jesus! Coffee just came out my nose.

Having cost me £140 before I had walked out of the door yesterday, I'd like to give credit were credit is due.

I'm enjoying my football at the moment and long may it continue, Yossi has had a great few months but I think a special mention to Kuyt is needed, playing very well at the minute and looks like a 10m player.

It's a pleasure to go the match these days.

Alan, are you still going the home games?

It is fair to compare them though because that's who he's replacing and we were lead to believe that Lucas was a box-to-box player when he signed.

Some people even said that Lucas was as good as Alonso, naming no names, *cough*, Kurt, *cough*. ;-)

It's only an observation i'm making, nothing personal.

When the fuck did I say that? Seriously, i know you put on a smiley and probably joking, but I dont like getting words put in my mouths i`ve never said.

What I did say though, at the time, was that last season Lucas offered just as much to the team as Alonso did. We played no better with Alonso than with Lucas in the team. And that was true at the time. Alonso last season was nowhere near as good as he`s been this season. A completely different player.

It`s been claimed that Alonso`s poor performaces for the 2 previous season was only a myth, but still at the time his lack of quality matches played were always blamed on him just recovering from injuries ( three months after returning from injury it was still beeing said ), beeing in and out of the side, Gerrard`s tactical naivity, lack of quality wingers and other funny things. A lot can be said of Rafa`s treatment of Alonso during last summer, but it sure got a message through to Xabi, as he has been brilliant this season.

But this has been done to death so many times, especially last season, so I will leave it at this.

When the fuck did I say that? Seriously, i know you put on a smiley and probably joking, but I dont like getting words put in my mouths i`ve never said.

What I did say though, at the time, was that last season Lucas offered just as much to the team as Alonso did. We played no better with Alonso than with Lucas in the team. And that was true at the time. Alonso last season was nowhere near as good as he`s been this season. A completely different player.

It`s been claimed that Alonso`s poor performaces for the 2 previous season was only a myth, but still at the time his lack of quality matches played were always blamed on him just recovering from injuries ( three months after returning from injury it was still beeing said ), beeing in and out of the side, Gerrard`s tactical naivity, lack of quality wingers and other funny things. A lot can be said of Rafa`s treatment of Alonso during last summer, but it sure got a message through to Xabi, as he has been brilliant this season.

But this has been done to death so many times, especially last season, so I will leave it at this.

Two bites! ;-)