You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Luis Suarez

Guest simon

Quote:

Originally Posted by Major Tom

So how does he clear his name?

Who knows, but in his attempts to - why the hell would anybody begrudge him?

the thing is, he's not attempting to clear his name. his is just wittering on at various points over time and doing nothing but allowing certain people to tut tut and roll out the critisisms of our club, it fans and suarez. i believe he is innocent, ive read the report over and over and ive no doubt that evra knew what suarez meant and he and his horrible manager embellished the truth to cause us and luis problems. but unless suarez actually takes action to clear his name through the proper channels he should just keep quiet and consign it to history.

for one thing i doubt brendan rodgers will be looking forward to fielding questions on this topic in the coming months and any sizable bid before september may be given more consideration than we would like.

pete

I have no idea when Suarez will leave but if he continues to speak out, that day will seemingly come sooner rather than later. I guess that is my only point and I question if it right to put his needs before those of the club.

I personally would put the club first. I see the other view, and I recognise the right of Suarez to voice a defence but, for me, it's the club first and foremost.

That is because we are reds! Suarez isn't, I would like him to be quiet and move on, we lost and unless JT gets away with an FA ban, I dont' think we will gain anything from keeping it in the news.

If Luis really wants to get them back then score the winner against them at Old Trafford!

Or produce a winning team. That will help.

Real Madrid, Man City, Barcelona, Man Utd, Bayern Munich all have "Winning teams" - even if we create a "winning team" the difference would be between a team that believes in him and one that apparently doesn't.

Can you imagine what Mourinho would have done had Ferguson tried that with one of his players?

Yes - we may have handled it wrong and our owners may believe we handled it wrong - but that doesn't suggest that we should not have fought it and it doesn't suggest that the owners believed that either.

I have no idea when Suarez will leave but if he continues to speak out, that day will seemingly come sooner rather than later. I guess that is my only point and I question if it right to put his needs before those of the club.

I personally would put the club first. I see the other view, and I recognise the right of Suarez to voice a defence but, for me, it's the club first and foremost.

I admire your commitment to the cause - I really do. I just wonder how much pressure that commitment would be put under where it you that was tagged a racist for life?

They certainly didn't come out in any support of kenny or luis though did they? their mouths stayed shut, the way the whole club handled it was a disgrace... we had the conviction to issue the initial statement then we shat ourselves!! like someone calling bullies out only to see they have a big mate so runaway!!

I think the intial statement, directly after the Wigan match was pretty unequivocal not only in its support of Luis but its disgust at the FA! It was a widely held belief in the media that it was us vs. the FA, and there is no way that statement would have been put out without FSG being involved, and in support.

So to say they did nothing is unfair, it was handled badly by the Management of the club, Comoli, Ayres, Kenny and Luis not by FSG. The fact is that by the time Old Trafford came to pass, we had lost, and had no choice. We might not like that option, but it was true, we as a club had to be the first to calm down and apologise.

Lets see what happens to JT, if it is more than 8 games we can't complain, if it is anything less then it vindicates what we said, but still, what good is going to come of it?

As far as I am concerned the best way to get them back is by ensuring that Fergusons dying breath is when we are back on our perch.

To me its pretty telling Fergiscum has got involved in this now.

I'm sure he was probably asked questions about it and merely responded.

But surely theres been plenty of other oppurtunities along the way over the past 5/6 months.

Its not the first time Luis has brought it up.

But its the first time as far as I can tell Luis has made direct reference to Man United having an unfair influence over how the whole thing unfolded.

That to me says it all. The cunts been rattled.

Wouldn't cut it in this league for me. He'd get kicked about a bit and then go missing.

I want someone with a bit of tenacity in their game, someone who like Torres, enjoys the challenge of the physical nature of the game in England, and that for me is Arda Turan.

lol

"Originally Posted by The Dude Abides

Wouldn't cut it in this league for me. He'd get kicked about a bit and then go missing.

I want someone with a bit of tenacity in their game, someone who like Torres, enjoys the challenge of the physical nature of the game in England, and that for me is Arda Turan."

What a monumentally clueless fucking bellend

"Originally Posted by The Dude Abides

I want someone with a bit of tenacity in their game, someone who like Torres, enjoys the challenge of the physical nature of the game in England, and that for me is Arda Turan."

What a monumentally clueless fucking bellend

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

And this is from a poster who thinks Les Ferdinand was world class.

What a monumentally clueless fucking bellend you are cockwomble.

To me its pretty telling Fergiscum has got involved in this now.

I'm sure he was probably asked questions about it and merely responded.

But surely theres been plenty of other oppurtunities along the way over the past 5/6 months.

Its not the first time Luis has brought it up.

But its the first time as far as I can tell Luis has made direct reference to Man United having an unfair influence over how the whole thing unfolded.

That to me says it all. The cunts been rattled.

Quite agree! Suarez handed Ferguson the opportunity to stick the knife in and defend his player. And he took it!

Ferguson was right in his statement that Kenny lost the job in part because of the way he handled the issue.

At OT, an experienced and capable PR machine swung into action, no doubt having learned from the problem that Evra caused at Stamford Bridge.

We rolled out T Shirts and petulance!

In future you can be sure that the handling of the media will be in the hands of people who understand the importance of the brand and interests of sponsors.

We've learned a lot from this, and one thing we learned is that no matter how good your intentions, or how strong your case, you have to understand how the PR game is played and play it as well as your opponent.

In this instance, Kenny did not have a clue and hurt himself and our case in the process.

With FSG, we are part of a much more capable and savvy organization, and I doubt that we would find ourselves outsmarted by the Mancs again.

I understand Suarez' frustration, he too was naive, but he can help his cause by his behavior in the future, especially against the Mancs!

Even though this feels a little like the bell for round two - what exactly are the needs of the club?

To not make a fuss, put our heads down and kick this (or the next short straw) under the rug?

With FSG, we are part of a much more capable and savvy organization, and I doubt that we would find ourselves outsmarted by the Mancs again.

A curious claim.

FSG only reacted when the NYT article ran, damaging their image stateside.

Prior to that they either didnt know, or care, about the damage being done to the club.

The Suarez breach of club discipine, by speaking out again, suggests that not much has been learned.

A curious claim.

Prior to that they either didnt know, or care, about the damage being done to the club.

The Suarez breach of club discipine, by speaking out again, suggests that not much has been learned.

How can FSG stop Suarez talking? And why don't you think the manager should be involved in the process?

I just don't get the dogmatism of some posters on this site.

Guest ShoePiss
I don't believe you have a fucking clue what you are talking about.

I could be wrong but it just seems like you talk a lot of shit for the sake of it.

So what was wrong with the post you quoted of his?

A curious claim.

Would you fuckin plug it - you have no idea about what they knew and less of an idea about "stateside", or Suarez, or club discipline, or who has learned what.

Guest ShoePiss

Hold on a fucking minute before piling in on xeres, he responded to the completely baseless claim that we would never be out-smarted by man utd again. It was fair to question that when everything to fucking date suggests otherwise, even recently.

Guest ShoePiss
Other than being complete speculation?

Well let's assume they were deeply involved in the Suarez thing from the start then. Where does that put this ownership? I honestly prefer to think that they weren't involved initially otherwise things look much fucking worse.